kosameAmagai

kosameAmagai

Apr 25, 2022
Hey i am looking out for any anime/movie/serie that touches in the depression / suicide subject if you have any recommendations post in this thread ! i will start with a few
[Anime] Mahou shoujo site( talks about suicide, bullying and self harm)
[movie] bloodrunner zero (basically an serie of movies contaning self harm scenes)
[movie]Kotoko ( an depressed mom that lost the guard of her son)

Those are the ones i remember at the moment of making this thread, might add more in the future

Reactions: niki wonoto
vinterland8

vinterland8

Apr 23, 2022
You should check out the anime film "Colorful" directed by Keiichi Hara. I haven't watched it since I was like 16, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Reactions: niki wonoto
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
Welcome to the N.H.K. is one of my favorites.

Features suicide forum like SS, group suicide pact...

Reactions: katagiri83, niki wonoto and vinterland8
S

Starz

Jan 24, 2020
Have you watched The Last Shaman on Netflix. It's a documentary about a guy that travels to the Amazon to seek a cure

Reactions: katagiri83
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
A silent voice is a good anime movie that tackles depression, physical disabilities, anxiety, bullying, and suicide. It's on netflix. I'm not into slice of life romance anime (Like at all) but even I found this movie heartfelt.

Death Parade is another anime that deals with...well death but also suicide as well. I love the anime so much cause it has a lot of morally gray characters and situations.

Reactions: vinterland8
kosameAmagai

kosameAmagai

Apr 25, 2022
You should check out the anime film "Colorful" directed by Keiichi Hara. I haven't watched it since I was like 16, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
will check later thanks ! :)
Welcome to the N.H.K. is one of my favorites.

Features suicide forum like SS, group suicide pact...
i already watched it ! its one of my favourites and i can relate so bad to the main character as i've been an hikikomori since i turned 16
Have you watched The Last Shaman on Netflix. It's a documentary about a guy that travels to the Amazon to seek a cure
will check it thanks alsoo ! :)
A silent voice is a good anime movie that tackles depression, physical disabilities, anxiety, bullying, and suicide. It's on netflix. I'm not into slice of life romance anime (Like at all) but even I found this movie heartfelt.

Death Parade is another anime that deals with...well death but also suicide as well. I love the anime so much cause it has a lot of morally gray characters and situations.
i have watched both ! a silent voice is really good, but i didnt liked death parade very much

Reactions: vinterland8 and lofticries
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Re: Zero, this poor man not only gets bullied by a catboy, but he gets omega PTSD and kills himself so many times (in adition of all the fucked up ways he dies) it's become a meme in the fanbase.
maxresdefault.jpg

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
bojack horseman lol

Reactions: TheSoulless
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Wrist cutters A love story

O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
Bungaku Shoujo is a series that features a character who attempts suicide multiple times. There's a film, an OVA, and several light novels. The movie starts in the middle of the story so you may be a bit confused, but it's still a nice watch and the OVAs might help with giving you more context.

The first Garden of Sinners film has a lot of suicides.

You might also be interested in Serial Experiments Lain. It is a very odd and surreal experience that sticks with you. I didn't finish it since it personally wasn't for me, but it is considered a classic and is loved by a lot of people.

There's also Wonder Egg Priority, which centers around the subjects of suicide and self-harm. I don't think it handles the topics well and it's overall really underwhelming, but I have seen many people who like it.

And while I haven't watched this, I know Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei features suicide, but I think it's in a more comedic nature rather than serious.

It's been a while since I've read it so I don't remember very much, but a manga called Life also delves into this.

And if you're open to visual novels, there is Narcissu. It's a short tear-jerker revolving around terminal illness.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
One of the few mangas I've ever fully read was Orange. I think it got an anime adaptation and I liked it well enough so maybe that will help. It's basically about a bunch of friends using time travel to prevent a friend's suicide. I really liked it before but now I worry it might come off as pro-lifey all things considered. At least it's not all that long though so it might be worth it.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Oyasumi pun pun - A coming of age story about a 11 year old boy. What's interesting about this manga is only the main character and his few family members are drawn as birds.

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless