• Yes, and am a huge fan

• Yes, it is alright

• No

• Yes, if hentai counts.

Results are only viewable after voting.
olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020
I am noticing there are a lot of anime fans on this forum, and am wondering what is an estimated % of anime fans that use this site.

I just found an old thread that made the same observation. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/why-so-much-anime.50010/

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Ohayo, OP-san. I've only watched a few animes, dattebayo.

Reactions: botanormal
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I watched anime until high school. It's good escapism if you can immerse yourself in it, but for me it became impossible with age.

Reactions: botanormal and olieolieoxenfree
D

Deleted member 25508

shooting star
Jan 18, 2021
reporting in

Reactions: botanormal and olieolieoxenfree
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
Love it, I'm more into manga nowadays

Reactions: demuic, botanormal and olieolieoxenfree
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
I've only seen a few but I like them! Always open to recommendations if you guys have any

Reactions: LastFlowers and botanormal
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
There's a really good anime about suicide called Wonder Egg Priority airing right now!

Reactions: botanormal
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I haven't really enjoyed any anime in a while these days, they all feel like a contest over who can be more over the top while also catering to horny teens at the same time and it's extremely tiresome. Even cooler anime's like My Hero spend way too much time talking between all the cool scenes which I'm also tired of.

I really liked High Score Girl though, probably my favorite so far.

Reactions: olieolieoxenfree
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Have not watched anime in years but I still wack off to 2d tiddies.

• Wow
Reactions: Bazzinga, notreallynow, Makko and 3 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Used to watch some of the older stuff like Akira and Ninja Scroll. I did have a soft spot for Tenchi Muyo and Dominion Tank Police. Also saw Legend of the Overfiend. That was an eye opener.

olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020
I haven't really enjoyed any anime in a while these days, they all feel like a contest over who can be more over the top while also catering to horny teens at the same time and it's extremely tiresome. Even cooler anime's like My Hero spend way too much time talking between all the cool scenes which I'm also tired of.

I really liked High Score Girl though, probably my favorite so far.
The only anime I've seen other than Pokémon, YugiOh, and Digimon when I was younger is hentai with stories

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
T

Teas

Nov 4, 2018
I sometimes still watch anime. Not too much like when I was a teenager. I just lost interest because the majority of anime caters to the slice-of-life, shounen, and happy type of crowd. I enjoy watching horror, sci-fi, and thriller. Right now I am watching Higurashi Gou and Re:Zero.

Reactions: demuic and LastFlowers
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
only attack on titan

anime makes me cringe hard for some reason

olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020
only attack on titan

anime makes me cringe hard for some reason
Technically Attack on Titan is "anime" as anime includes animated films or shows. Though if I go by that logic, so is Family Guy.
I sometimes still watch anime. Not too much like when I was a teenager. I just lost interest because the majority of anime caters to the slice-of-life, shounen, and happy type of crowd. I enjoy watching horror, sci-fi, and thriller. Right now I am watching Higurashi Gou and Re:Zero.
Technically that counts as anime. It is animated

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I believe I've seen quite a bit more than the average person, but I might be lacking when compared to more dedicated fans. For me, I have watched anime over the years, as if it's any other medium.
If the show is good, I will watch it.
There are years when I've invested more time into anime than others, just depends what's available or if I come across older series.
Once you get beyond the more generic stuff, there is a wealth of anime that can appeal to all age groups. There are some very profound and incredible anime out there, there is also a lot of garbage.
I think the longer a person spends time alone and desperate for distractions, the further they dig for other methods of escapism, they open their horizons in that respect. Anime is just an extension of watching any other movie or tv show, but I know there's some people who just can't get into it.

Still, I'm not surprised so many here are fans. It's also gotten a lot more popular recently, there seems to be a lot of people reacting to anime on YT, etc, usually starting with a gateway anime that isn't too alienating.
You certainly have to get used to certain tropes and quirks that are found in most of them. And you need to be open to subtitles for the ones that don't have an acceptable dub. But I'm already used to watching foreign films, so that wasn't a problem for me getting started.
I think more people should give anime a shot, it's just important what show they start out with, sometimes a poor first viewing can leave a bad taste in someone's mouth. (Although, I am pretty sure most people-of a certain generation-have at least a little exposure to things like Pokemon or Sailor Moon, as a child).
Don't laugh, but I have tried to get my mother (only person I really interact with) to watch an anime or two that was more mature with more complicated themes, but she can't get past some mental barrier about it, even though she has definitely enjoyed a lot of other more esoteric films/series and foreign stuff I've shared with her (so I try not to push the anime thing too hard).

Again, I do think more people should give it a shot though, certain series were all I had at some points over the years, when in such despair, they were able to give me some temporary escape, similar to other works of fiction or entertainment.
As for manga, I've not read nearly as many, especially versus how many anime series I've seen or even compared to books in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, olieolieoxenfree and demuic
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
If you haven't watched it, one of the best series...

Reactions: reticen
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Also tried to watch neo genesis evangelion once. Pretty sure that's why I'm now on this site.

Reactions: olieolieoxenfree, Deleted member 25508 and Makko
Pony

Pony

Sad transgirl
Sep 2, 2019
how much do yall like isekais? It's for sure an appealing idea for someone suicidal

Reactions: enzyetee
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Technically Attack on Titan is "anime" as anime includes animated films or shows. Though if I go by that logic, so is Family Guy.

I know attack on titan is an anime. it's the only one i can tolerate

Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
I dislike anime where the characters are very sexualized. Ecchi content is disgusting to me and extremely cringe..
I really liked Tokyo Ghoul and Bungo Stray Dogs out of a couple anime series I have watched

• Love
Reactions: ANONYMOUSM, olieolieoxenfree and demuic
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Anyone remember this in the UK? Best intro ever.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
how much do yall like isekais? It's for sure an appealing idea for someone suicidal
I heard that when you die you go to Gensokyo.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I love anime and manga!
What's more, I used to have a youtube channel in which I uploaded chapters/episodes reviews about different series.
Nice times!

Reactions: olieolieoxenfree, LastFlowers and demuic
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I love anime, though the constant filler and weird sexualisation of certain (often young) characters does bug me more now that I'm an adult.

At the moment I'm watching through Jujutsu Kaisen and want to start wonderegg priority.

Reactions: Skathon and LastFlowers
T

Teas

Nov 4, 2018

I probably should rephrase my wording better. I meant horror, sci-fi, and thriller ANIME.

U

umbrellaphone

Nov 24, 2020
Only those with eastern settings have appeal to me. I dislike western culture and it seems much worse when eastern people attempt to take on it.

Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
I watched a ton of anime myself, according to my Anilist list a bit over 100. But nowadays I very rarely do. For quite a while now I've been more of a manga guy instead, they just hit different.