E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
It can be any genre, I'm open minded. :)

Reactions: Wraith
Vilthuril

Vilthuril

μελετῶντες ἀποθνῄσκειν
Jan 16, 2019
Paranoia Agent, it's very psychological and focused on characters in the depths of despair and has an episode based around a group of online friends who get together to commit suicide.

• Love
Reactions: L I F E T O L O S E, Panna, demuic and 2 others
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
Well, it's a bit hard to recommend something on the basis of nothing, but here are some of my favorites:
Baccano
Black Lagoon
Ghost In The Shell
Hellsing Ultimate
Rainbow
Redline
Samurai Champloo
Welcome to the NHK
Zankyou No Terror

• Love
Reactions: Panna, demuic and eternaltroubador
E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
Well, it's a bit hard to recommend something on the basis of nothing, but here are some of my favorites:
sorry lol i know i didnt give anything to go off of, I just wanted people to respond with whatever shows they personally feel passionate about

Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I have not seen anime for a long time but from time to time I watch a chapter. I leave you the list of animes that I have seen since I was little until now or that I still watch:

sakura card captor, inuyasha, Evangelion, Naruto+Shipuden, Death Note, dead man wonderland, prison school, shingueki no kiojin, Sword art Online, mirai nikki, full methal alchemist, madoka magica, re zero, Angel Densetsu, Grand blue, The Promised Neverlad.

I recommend them all:ahhha:

goodgrief

goodgrief

Jan 27, 2021
Well if you are down to try anything I can recommend a few of my faves :)

Mob Psycho 100 - About a psychic child who is being mentored in how to use his powers by a con artist.

Toradora - Very sweet romantic comedy set in a high school between a girl with anger issues and a boy who's intimidating stare makes people fear him.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - (If you haven't already seen it this is an absolute classic and will probably be recommended by most people!) Two brothers who have lost their bodies in a freak accident using alchemy search for a way to restore themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Fehler and eternaltroubador
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
If you want something light hearted and feel good, aria the animation is one of three, the animation, the natural and the origination. It's about venice on mars, and the main character wishing to be a undine, (a master female gondolier. The music is so good, the characters, the world building. The show was so amazing, and still is to me, that many times I've wished that upon death I could be born in this utopian world. I have never found a slice of life like it despite searching for many years.

If you want horror, I really loved shiki, another, and jigoku shoujo, (hell girl).

Shiki is about vampires that kill villagers in a remote town, sometimes causing them to come back like them. It constantly questions morality and examines this through the vampires and the surviving villagers, who is the monster, who deserves to survive.

Another is basically a final destination show, but in anime form, and it is very enjoyable. Lot's of deaths and mystery throughout the show.

Hell girl is about a site where you can request the help of a servant of hell and in exchange for your soul you can instantly send your hated target down immediately to hell, (usually includes a wondrous trippy torture ride before the victim gets their just desserts).

If you want philosophical, one of my favorites is haibane renmei.

Haibane renmei is essentially about a girl who committed suicide and ends up in purgatory, it being a town with large walls, that she and the other winged, deceased live in. They aren't allowed to cross the wall until the day of flight comes, essentially allowing them to pass on from this state.

Ill finish up with a space epic from the 80s known as legend of the galatic heroes.

Though it has a total of 110 episodes, it is a amazing story of philosophy, strategy, politics, and more, the story being told from the perspectives of reinhard of the empire, and yang wenli of the alliance. The fights in the show take second stage to the first hand strategy of the commanders who fight them, the politics of both democratic, and the dictatorship showcasing good and bad, (for example theres a scene where a space ship explodes, showing the dying soldiers, one of which is caught on fire, and burns away while grasping a locket with his family, his motivations, and a burning picture of the leader of earth smiling, (what he died for). Normally I can't stand shows with episodes of this length because they lose themselves in the run time, but this show pulls it off spectacularly. Would recommend!

• Love
Reactions: eternaltroubador
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
My pick would have to go to Mushi-shi. I'm not a huge anime buff or anything, but I really loved this show. Very relaxing and the visuals/animation/art is just extraordinary. If you like that, then try out Mononoke next. It's very similar to Mushi-shi and its visual style is even more distinctive/unique.

Reactions: eternaltroubador, Lmd and Panna
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
My pick would have to go to Mushi-shi. I'm not a huge anime buff or anything, but I really loved this show. Very relaxing and the visuals/animation/art is just extraordinary. If you like that, then try out Mononoke next. It's very similar to Mushi-shi and its visual style is even more distinctive/unique.

View attachment 59864
Second mushishi, it's not too long and very relaxing, if you like it try kinos journey too. It's the same thing essentially except the mc are a boy and his talking motorcycle.

Reactions: eternaltroubador and Imaginos
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Quick mention to Kino's Journey. The original, not the remake. It's short, but extremely memorable. Covers a lot of ground insofar as the nature of human beings is concerned and it isn't afraid to get philosophical at times. Like Mushi-shi, it has a very laid back atmosphere. There's some action every now and again, but it's more the exception and not the rule.

Second mushishi, it's not too long and very relaxing, if you like it try kinos journey too. It's the same thing essentially except the mc are a boy and his talking motorcycle.

Hah, that's funny. I was right in the middle of typing it out, but thanks for mentioning it anyway. To be honest, I actually haven't watched much anime in a while. My personal top 3 at the moment of shows that I'd like to watch next at some point would be; Ghost in the Sell Stand Alone Complex, Baccano! and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Also, I'll just give one last mention to Cardcaptors Sakura. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I personally found it to be really enjoyable. It's fairly long as far as anime go, but I don't know. For someone who's usually put off by that sort of thing, I actually enjoyed the fact that there was so much to watch. I've heard that Doremi, a similar show to Cardcaptors, is supposed to be really good as well.

Vlcsnap 2020 06 12 01h59m02s128

Last edited: