W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
These days I was thinking about how I can make my ctb recovery work and I realized that one of my main problems is alcohol.

I love drinking, getting dizzy and happy but the next day. Oh boy, those days are hell. Suicidal hangovers and ctb thoughts worse than ever.

So, here my idea:

I usually spend 4 hours a day drinking alcohol. What about exchanging those four hours for watching anime and reading manga?

It's amazing but you know what? It's working! Whenever I wanna get a drink, I get an anime episode instead lol.

The thing is, watching any stuff makes me hungrier so I'll have to find a solution for that too but luckily, I've started to work out too.

Anyway, just wanted to vent about this. It might help someone too.

The replacement for you might not be anime. Maybe a netflix tv show, reading, taking sceneries pictures, whatever! Just try to find something to get rid of negative energy and those thoughts! (And alcohol!)

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad, Livingvsdying25, WaitingForTheBusInTh and 5 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Thanks for the tip. Glad that it is working for you.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
You could also try to read manga in Japanese and spent hours translating it. if you're not doing that already.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Maybe have some Valium at hand, in case of crisis.

• Love
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You could also try to read manga in Japanese and spent hours translating it. if you're not doing that already.
Hahah I actually did that a few times with a manga no one has ever translated: Gakkyu oh-Yamazaki lol

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think this sounds like it can be an excellent strategy. The cravings should get better if you stay away from the alcohol too. .

• Love
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
It's impressive you found a better alternative yourself and are trying to make your life better, good job! Really well done. Glad it has been working out for you so far and hope it will continue to be helpful.

• Love
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Wish I had hang overs then maybe I would see alcohol differently, but because I don't I just keep going!

Good luck with trying it though, hope it goes well keep us updated?

• Love
aqish

aqish

Jan 27, 2021
These days I was thinking about how I can make my ctb recovery work and I realized that one of my main problems is alcohol.

I love drinking, getting dizzy and happy but the next day. Oh boy, those days are hell. Suicidal hangovers and ctb thoughts worse than ever.

So, here my idea:

I usually spend 4 hours a day drinking alcohol. What about exchanging those four hours for watching anime and reading manga?

It's amazing but you know what? It's working! Whenever I wanna get a drink, I get an anime episode instead lol.

The thing is, watching any stuff makes me hungrier so I'll have to find a solution for that too but luckily, I've started to work out too.

Anyway, just wanted to vent about this. It might help someone too.

The replacement for you might not be anime. Maybe a netflix tv show, reading, taking sceneries pictures, whatever! Just try to find something to get rid of negative energy and those thoughts! (And alcohol!)

Hugs and love,

Matt
It be the littlest things sometimes :)

• Love