L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Wars happen between animals. Unfortunately humans do the same process. Wars should be stopped. There are also other examples like ant wars.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Nemeshisu, justsayin, Deleted member 8975 and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Wars happen between animals. Unfortunately humans do the same process. Wars should be stopped. There are also other examples like ant wars.

The millions of lost souls lost during centuries all because of powers , since drummer boys to kings, and now man and guns. I try not to watch the news, I live in Europe 3 hour flight to Moscow they control most of Europe gas reserves. Not to mention the nukes, in a way I hope america stays out of this, Ukrainians are strong people who have been facing them for years, we don't need American drones creating " innocent casualties". I really don't like to discuss politics on ss. There's always going to be someone who is gonna hate opinions. When this new millennium started I had no idea we were bracing for years of wars and wars, thousands lost, amputated, please stop this. Talk, don't be animals, not even an animal does this, they fight to eat and stope when they are full.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, justsayin and Deleted member 8975
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's interesting that they use the term war for a tribal conflict between groups of chimpanzees, involving only a dozen or so casualties.

The important thing to note is that humans and chimpanzees share 96-98% of DNA depending on the study. And tribal conflict is the most pervasive - and flawed - human behaviour. The 40,000+ year history of Aboriginal Australia is often cited as an example, as conflicts between tribes were a theme throughout.

In modern society, we see both subtle and acute tribal battles between nation-states, all based on imaginary man-made borders overlayed onto a single contiguous planet. Then there's ethnic groups, political factions, bikie gangs, drug cartels, business entities and football teams. You'll find endless other examples with little effort. Apple vs. Samsung? (In my day, it was Sega vs. Nintendo!)

Special honours go to religion, which involved some of the most primitive and brutal battles of all, yet purported to be in the name of some cosmic force. Sad that this is what happens when humans try to connect to something more profound than the same old tribalism. We don't know how to stop the primal divide-and-fight instinct even as it is threatening all of our survival.

Being cognisant of this very primitive aspect of our human nature helps us to avoid becoming a part of it ourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Life sucks and justsayin
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
It's interesting that they use the term war for a tribal conflict between groups of chimpanzees, involving only a dozen or so casualties.

The important thing to note is that humans and chimpanzees share 96-98% of DNA depending on the study. And tribal conflict is the most pervasive - and flawed - human behaviour. The 40,000+ year history of Aboriginal Australia is often cited as an example, as conflicts between tribes were a theme throughout.

In modern society, we see both subtle and acute tribal battles between nation-states, all based on imaginary man-made borders overlayed onto a single contiguous planet. Then there's ethnic groups, political factions, bikie gangs, business entities and football teams. You'll find endless other examples with little effort. Apple vs. Samsung? (In my day, it was Sega vs. Nintendo!)

Special honours go to religion, which involved some of the most primitive and brutal battles of all, yet purported to be in the name of some cosmic force. Sad that this is what happens when humans try to connect to something more profound than the same old tribalism. We don't know how to stop the primal divide-and-fight instinct even as it is threatening all of our survival.

Being cognisant of this very primitive aspect of our human nature helps us to avoid becoming a part of it ourselves.
Indeed. Chimpanzees, macaques, and hamadryas baboons have been observed engaging in warfare.

• Informative
Reactions: Life sucks and Pluto