Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
I'm going to ask my therapist about this once I can afford to see her again and I've been googling some techniques, but I'm wondering what do y'all do to deal with anger? I've been getting pissed for no reason lately and I haaaaaate it, it's my least favorite emotion

• Hugs
Reactions: Tegan_sky
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
It's normal to be angry if you are getting taken advantage of or someone you love is being hurt by evil.

But you said it happens for no reason, maybe try meditation.

• Love
Reactions: Dizzylady80
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Going on walks, and listening to comfy things. For me, when I exhaust myself, especially after a nice walk, it helps me get my anger out of my system. Listening to music or something similar on top of that helps me switch my mindset out of it faster.

• Love
Reactions: Rainy_days and Dizzylady80
H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
Try to find the underlying emotion and deal with that.
Anger is often a release for a suppressed emotion and is rarely an emotion by itself.

• Love
Reactions: Ashu, donealready and Dizzylady80
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Anger is like an emotional equivalent of bleeding. A conflict between what we expect and what actually happens often is like an injury. Taking time to recover is useful as well as becoming better at not having unrealistic expectations.

• Informative
Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
Sometimes my anger, (sometimes I'd call it rage) is covering it up that I need to have a strong, long, good cry. One time with a therapist years ago, she had me beating a pillow to get some of my rage and anger out. I beat on the pillow some, then fell into a heap, curled up, sobbing my eyes out uncontrollably. Sometimes I feel that what is under the anger is still more anger though.

The main thing I do anymore is write in my journal about it. There is a lot of angry venting in my journals.

Here in my city have a business where people can go to break things, to get their stress and anger out. It appears to be quite a popular business too. You're not alone.

• Love
Reactions: donealready and Dizzylady80
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
A really hard workout like sprinting up a hill can help.

• Love
Reactions: StolenLife and Dizzylady80
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Usually I go do something by myself like some of my hobbies (painting figures is a good one), throw on headphones and blast some music. I've also re-started my workout program and between the weights and music that really takes my mood down a bunch of notches. Doing that regularly has helped to keep the peaks fewer. If the cause of the anger is someone then I'm usually calm enough later in the day to discuss the issue and hopefully not have it come up again.

• Love