И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020
I would even ask someone for help, but every time I tried to do that it didn't work out very well ...

The first time I tried to talk a little with my mom about what I was feeling, but what I didn't expect was that she and my dad were angry with me for feeling bad.

a second time I tried to vent with a friend and she gradually moved away from me, not only her, but all my friends (who obviously knew) started to move away from me too.

(And here I am, making the same kind of confession)

• Hugs
Reactions: DFFP, ecmnesia, Disappointered and 12 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
That's typical, it makes people uncomfortable and they don't know what to say. They don't want to hear problems.

Reactions: DFFP, death137, Silvermorning and 3 others
A

Arthaniel

Oct 20, 2020
People don't know how someone who consciously made such a decision feels. I also didn't understand when a friend from work did it. Hardly anyone wondered why he did it, there were rather voices of criticism and accusations of selfishness.

Reactions: ecmnesia, death137, Partial-Elf and 2 others
И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020
That's typical, it makes people uncomfortable and they don't know what to say. They don't want to hear problems.
I really have to agree with that, after all I took my own properties. people don't want to know about our problems, they just want you to have a fake smile on your face, and say you're happy even if you're fucked

Reactions: ecmnesia, Ali, LastFlowers and 3 others
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
That my friend is the odd stigma of mental health. It's almost like I'm the only one in the world who has felt bad, with some of the reactions I get about the thoughts in my head.

Reactions: ecmnesia, death137, Partial-Elf and 1 other person
EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
I've always tried to be understanding and compassionate when my friends have talked to me about their problems. It never ruins my mood because I love them and want them to be okay. I have mental issues and struggle a lot in life so its easier for me to relate to a friend and help them. Though Its hard when people can't/ won't understand you. They either try to deny in their head that you are having problems or they don't know and say/do the wrong thing. I'm not saying your or my friends are bad people not at all. Its just harder for people with a different mindset, religion, joys to understand what to do about your situations. Now people slowly moving away from you is a thing that happens in life I wouldn't beat yourself up for it (and even if they did for the reasons you gave they weren't your friends anyways). Just remember its easier for damaged/suffering people to relate do damaged/suffering people and people will have different reactions to how their loved ones are suffering but a good majority of them will still love you. The people here are very compassionate and understanding from what I've experienced so far. I guess I'm saying you have to find a good group of people.

Reactions: исчезающий, Ali, death137 and 2 others
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
That my friend is the odd stigma of mental health. It's almost like I'm the only one in the world who has felt bad, with some of the reactions I get about the thoughts in my head.
I feel that. Some peoples idea of sadness is pretty light. I just don't tell people since it usually creates problems for me worse than things already are

Reactions: death137 and Partial-Elf
G

Gamja

it hurts
Aug 27, 2019
I lost a lot of friends for talking about how much I want to die.
I thought being vulnerable brings us closer but it only made them hate me more. People don't want to feel bad and move away from the suicidal who give them bad energy.

Reactions: DFFP and death137