thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I will start work this week and rejoin the millions of people in the misery that is jobs. Here are a few things I have to look forward to:

-supervisors that love yelling and criticizing
-co-workers who love gossiping and laughing at you
-work that is boring, hard and frankly should be done by a machine
-some kind of physical pain or discomfort that comes from the job

the only thing that brings me comfort is knowing that I get paid for all the bullshit I go through. all i have to do is just hold on long enough and I can get that sweet sweet money. i also know that the whole thing will end in a few hours and I will return to the comfort of my home.
for me it's a choice between bad or worse. bad would be having this job, worse would be being in the homeless shelter. i just want to be numb through it all.
I have to mentally prepare each morning. I have to tell myself: "the next couple of hours are going to suck. buckle up and prepare for some bullshit. pain + bullshit = money". it's like a fighter prepping for a fight. all i have to do is make it to the end of the day and these fucking people will be out of my hair.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Blondi, TooConscious, Crazy4u and 6 others
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
OMG you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm so sorry you are forced to feel this way, but you are not alone.

Reactions: thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
i wish UBI would hurry up and get here. I don't mind being poor and receiving free money. I was going to be poor anyway. if I was going to be rich and the only way to get rich is to work hard, then i wouldn't mind working. but if i'm busting my ass every week and i'm still poor, why not take UBI? it's a choice between getting $500 each week for free and being poor, or working to earn $500 each week and still be poor. work doesn't change anything.
my station in life will never change no matter how hard i work. i might as well just take the free money and relax

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds depressing and stressful. Working is just being a slave to the society. I personally cannot stand people, I understand why you would dread going to work. I wish you the best.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
this is so depressing. Employers also expect you to be grateful, passionate, motivated, and excited about this shit. fuck them

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
landlord is still on my case even though I'll have the money soon. That bitch is still sending threats and trying to ruin my day, but I'm holding on to my joy, giving them the middle finger and saying "you ain't stealing my joy bitch!"

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I admire your resilience.