Nov 22, 2023
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 82921, fwompie, Kit1 and 14 others
thalasabin

thalasabin

Hide in the love
Nov 29, 2023
Yeah I never really found those hope lines very helpful they just ask you simple questions like "Hey you good?" and such. Not very helpful.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Kit1, LoiteringClouds and 3 others
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
Yeah I never really found those hope lines very helpful they just ask you simple questions like "Hey you good?" and such. Not very helpful.
Mine was always, "hey have you downloaded calm harm? Go ahead and do that. And If you ever need us, call us back." I need you NOW 🙃

• Aww..
Reactions: Kit1, LoiteringClouds, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
"Suicidiality isn't good. Try not to be suicidal."

Attachments

• snl-phone.gif
    snl-phone.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Kit1, MiMif and 4 others
azukigirl

azukigirl

whip, step, jump! glitterific!!
Oct 24, 2023
omggg i got restricted from using this exact crisis line because i used it too much

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, exitplease, Gonnerr and 3 others
gladiolus

gladiolus

Nov 29, 2023
I'm suicidal due to medical and financial issues, a hotline won't give me the money needed to fix everything. They're worse than useless. And on top of that, they say asinine shit and meaningless platitudes that amount to the kind of Live, Laugh, Love posters you see on the average Medicaid-accepting therapist's office walls. Made my SI increase tenfold if anything. No one cares, not even the people paid to.

Reactions: Kit1, Gonnerr, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
This world really isn't for those that desire death.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Kit1 and NeedAnEscape
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
yeah theses platitudes make you feel like you're talking with a bot, though it might as well be a volunteer who's been trained to answer in a dull way like that

Reactions: Kit1 and Moniker
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
"Suicidiality isn't good. Try not to be suicidal."
Thanks, I'm cured! Time to delete my account and spread lies about sasu because I am the savior you need! /s

• Yay!
Reactions: SVEN, Kit1, MiMif and 6 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
What a joke, they shouldn't even bother trying.

Reactions: LeperGnome, Gonnerr and Moniker
venomousSSërpent74

venomousSSërpent74

Oct 19, 2023
I'm scared of those text lines i only ever remember using those once in the past and it wasn't helpful.but i know thats what got me into those hospitals people contacting these guys.or just the police in general i've thought about texting them many times before but i know the outcome and im not trying to go through any of that anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
I don't believe in those suicide hotlines, but those people do an impossible job , they don't even know you personally, so of course they will come up with platitude.

The best is to open up to friends and family you know that are open minded about the subject , i know there is not a lot, personnally i have only 2 people i can talk to freely. It helps better than suicide coldline.

Reactions: Kit1 and leavingthesoultrap
E

exitplease

Wanderer
Jul 10, 2023
Thankyou so much for demonstrating the utter uselessness of suicide hotlines. What an absolute fucking joke.

I was once told "Sorry...this service is for people who want help for their suicidal feelings" and the call abruptly ended, after I called the suicide hotline in a hysterical state seeking advice on how to prepare my family and what I should be doing to make it less traumatising for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Is this a real person? This text make them looks like an AI trying to held an therapy section

Reactions: altoids
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I wonder how many text based lines are human, probably very few and getting less each day. Why not use a chat bot? It's cheaper, works 24 hours, and doesn't say anything more than a human operator.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
So many suicide lines are shit. They shouldn't focus on taking away your feelings or trying to fix anything. It should be a crisis line primarily, where they can help you get out of crisis, calm you down, distract you.

People on these hotlines just don't know enough and some inspirational quotes are not going to help at all. They should be validating your feelings, asking questions and slowly turn the conversation to things you use to enjoy your time and to distract yourself.

The suicide hotline in my country is very good, I called them, I was allowed to freely talk about my situation and plans, they didn't send cops, they just talked to me and talked to me until we got to my interests and they asked if I could go draw something to calm down. And if it didn't work I could always call back. I drew the road and ended up feeling calm after the chat so I drove home and went to sleep.

That's how it should be, but unfortunately that's often how it isn't.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
People hate hotlines a lot, but in my experience since they're a wide range of volunteers ymmv and there are good ones. I usually end the conversation if I don't like the current volunteer and start a new one.

C

Copier0997

Dec 8, 2023
meaningless platitudes that amount to the kind of Live, Laugh, Love posters you see
Damn I just ordered one of these for my wall. Are you telling me they don't work?

• Yay!
Reactions: Grav and Forever Sleep