• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
Hey to all of you,

I really hope someone can help me with this:

I'm planning full suspension but there's absolutely nothing in my flat that'd work as an anchor point & as I feel like I'm just not able get even the most simple things done on my own, I definitely don't wanna try to install an anchor point at home.

I thought about doing it in a hotel room in a few weeks but obviously wanna plan everything as accurate as I can. So would you think the wooden bar would be a stable anchor point?

I'd go for a 10-12mm nylon (or hemp?) rope. But how long should it be and how would I tie it best along the bar?

Sorry for all this, I just really hope someone can help 20211210 002039

E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me an opinion about this. Please

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It doesn't look strong enough to me- I don't even know how you would attach it- I gave up on hotel rooms for full suspension because I couldn't comu up with a plan for this.

Reactions: blueclover_.
E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
Really? I mean, it's a horizontal bar coming from a wall. I just wondered if it's too thick to place the rope on.

But yeah, it's a thing with hotel rooms. I'm also very scared to attract unwanted attention.

@Someone123 do you have other ideas about anchor points that could work?

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It's looks like a board that's just not that thick - you need to be able to support probably several times your weight due to twisting around.

Last edited:
Reactions: elephant1
E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
@Someone123 Thank you for the answer. I guess stair-rails will be a safe one, though it's still the problem that it'd be quite uncomfortable in a hotel room
and there's the risk of seeking unwanted attention in a hotel room. Shit, I'm so afraid of planning something wrong.

Did you think about other anchor points like pull up bars or a strong appliance for punch bars?

Last edited:
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
It doesn't look strong enough imo. If i were to ctb with hanging i'd use a tree in a quiet forest.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
One other issue is that after passing out your arms and legs will bang into9 nearby walls and doors for a while- this can be minutes long of banging after you pass out, and this often leads to rescue. So you need to be a few feet from anything to avoid this complication. Ctb does get complicated. If you search on this site by hanging you wiull find other people's ideas and experiences.