thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Something that I haven't really seen being emphasized is the importance of ligature placement relative to your body. Most of the posts here do mention that it should be anchored well above you, but not really the angle. It will be much easier if the ligature is anchored directly above you rather than behind you. While it's definitely possible to succeed with the ligature anchored to something like a doorknob or railing, it's quite difficult. With the anchor point directly above you, there isn't nearly as much of a concern of convulsions, as moving away from where you are positioned will just tighten the rope further. In addition, it becomes much easier to constrict the carotid arteries, which is necessary to succeed. However, it may differ from person to person and could change based on the environment and what ligature is used, but from my past attempts I was a lot closer to success using an anchor point directly above me. IMG 3915
For legal reasons this post is not intended to promote or encourage suicide in any way. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or urges and wish to receive help, please contact your country's suicide hotline (or emergency services if there isn't one).

Reactions: AMATERASU :-)
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Jun 2, 2024
The Partial megathread is long, I imagine someone must have mentioned it through the years of this site. Not bucking you, because more info is always good. But if you for sure don't see this talked about in there, add it.