AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
I crave being in an old cottage where the fire crackles warmly in the hearth, filling the room with a comforting glow. I sit in a rocking chair, wrapped in my cozy pajamas, cradling a mug of freshly brewed, steaming hot chocolate. A contented cat purrs on my lap, its eyes half-closed in feline bliss, while a loyal pooch curls at my feet, warming its paws by the fire.

To my right, the window slowly defrosts as the fire's warmth works its magic. Gradually, a breathtaking view unfolds. A series of overlapping hills blanketed in fluffy snow, their slopes gently descending into a valley, a mystical forest. It's as if the forest fairies coated each tree branch with cotton candy, transforming the woodland into a scene from a magical winter wonderland. I even imagine that somewhere deep within those enchanted woods, the Three Bears from the old fairy tale might be settling down for their own winter's nap.

I've only had one experience that felt as special as this one. Just thinking about the memory is like Willy Wonka's everlasting gum. The more you chew, the better it gets.
I can't really put a name to this feeling I crave, but I bet some of you know the void that comes from not having it.

Have you ever felt something similar?
Is there a place or moment you fantasise about that fills a void you can't quite explain?
What's your everlasting gum, the memory or dream that keeps giving the more you think about it?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: thebookofdisquiet., cgrtt.brns, Twntysix and 8 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
You definitely have a talent for writing (among the many you possess) that you should develop... if you wrote a book I would read it because just reading about your desire captured me👍

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AQUA and Per Ardua Ad Astra
strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
There are waves that I remember surfing or imagine & I get a similar feeling when thinking about them as what you're describing. Even if it hasn't happened it just feels right, like it was meant to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and AQUA
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
You definitely have a talent for writing (among the many you possess) that you should develop... if you wrote a book I would read it because just reading about your desire captured me👍
Thank you for your kind words! @S like suicide
I feel very little rereading MY writing, so it feels good to be told something clicks with you when you read it.

Is there a place or moment you fantasise about that fills a void you can't quite explain?
What's your everlasting gum, the memory or dream that keeps giving the more you think about it?
There are waves that I remember surfing or imagine & I get a similar feeling when thinking about them as what you're describing. Even if it hasn't happened it just feels right, like it was meant to be.
Wow @strawb12
The sounds of that has hooked me.
Please tell us more!!!
It's moments like those that make you feel at home
wherever you go :)

what about you @Per Ardua Ad Astra
you're reacting so I know you're here. hehehe

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! @S like suicide
I feel very little rereading MY writing, so it feels good to be told something clicks with you when you read it.

You should not because you write beautifully:)

I feel it when I think about some dreams of beauty,art,freedom and love that I have for a "possible"future,i future i wish it could exist for me...this is my everlasting gum.
But I also fantasize and keep reliving in my mind some very special moments that I actually don't know anymore if they were all only in my mind or not but they remain my sweetest memories ever and I don't know if it makes sense still reliving them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AQUA
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
If we're talking food, my cat and I Love ice cream. We share whenever we have it.

• Yay!
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Twntysix, AQUA and rationaltake
T

Twntysix

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Aug 26, 2021
This was beautifully written, i could picture it in my mind with your words and its such a beautiful scenery 💜💜🥺

My craving, or should i say longing, i dont know, i kind of lost it long time ago. Maybe getting *the* desire and happiness? I feel like i'm waiting something that never arrive. I don't know what i'm waiting for but i knew they will never appear in my life. I could only describe poorly and vaguely, i'm not good at words like you and i kind of uncomfortable stating something deeply personal. Hope you okay with this

I wish you get your everlasting gum that fill your void @AQUA , its beautiful and you deserve it 🫂💙

• Hugs
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, AQUA, rationaltake and 1 other person
AQUA

AQUA

Headstone
Dec 2, 2020
This was beautifully written, i could picture it in my mind with your words and its such a beautiful scenery 💜💜🥺

My craving, or should i say longing, i dont know, i kind of lost it long time ago. Maybe getting *the* desire and happiness? I feel like i'm waiting something that never arrive. I don't know what i'm waiting for but i knew they will never appear in my life. I could only describe poorly and vaguely, i'm not good at words like you and i kind of uncomfortable stating something deeply personal. Hope you okay with this

I wish you get your everlasting gum that fill your void @AQUA , its beautiful and you deserve it 🫂💙

You're so sweet! Thank you for reading, kind stranger! 😊

The goal was for you to imagine it without even trying to, to skip a stone across the reservoir of dreams already in your mind.
I think it could have been even better if I had added an old record player and if the cat was resting on a long unfinished blanket that I was actively knitting. Can you see those elements fitting in there? 🤔

I'm okay with it! You keep on saying as much as you're comfortable with, I just appreciate that your opening up about something you hold close to your heart.

It sounds incredibly draining to constantly be on the edge of finding that last piece of the puzzle that might finally complete you. One thing I want to mention is that if you can only see the situation poorly and vaguely, you might not realise the missing piece has been right in front of you until it's too late. I believe we can both agree that would be the last outcome either of us would want. But don't worry because developing a clearer view of what or who you want is the best move you can make to make it real.
So close your eyes and dream! See what that missing puzzle piece you are waiting for is all about @Twntysix :heart:

I wish nothing less than the same for you!
Winner Win GIF

• Love
Reactions: Twntysix
T

Twntysix

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Aug 26, 2021
I don't know if this suit your imagination or not - uhh we are two completely different human ofcourse our brain imagine differently - but i remember one of bob ross video, that i kind of imagining how your craving scenery looks!! (I also didn't know if you will like this kind of content, worst case scenario you fall asleep to this hahahh!) Hope you enjoy as much as i do hihihi 😗🫶🫶💜

• Love
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Your description is very evocative! It sounds really nice :)

But to the answer the question, yes. I fantasize about living in a cozy lakeside cottage with a little garden out back and with a prairie and forest nearby. I'd grow fruits and veggies and make lots of yummy things!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AQUA and sserafim