Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
Can anybody tell me what the acceptable method of venting is here? This is a forum ostensibly for venting, getting things off one's chest, and expressing oneself, so long as you aren't harassing or insulting others.

So are you supposed to use words like "darn" and "heck" instead of "fuck" and "shit"? Is stating you hate something forbidden, because HaTE iS BaD!1!!1?

It's my understanding that this site is populated by depressed and angry people like myself. And suicidality/depression is essentially hate turned within, to a point.

So could someone explain to me why venting what troubles me gives rise to such opprobrium and disapprobation? Do you need to be of a certain political persuasion/clique to be allowed this?

Reactions: Spiral, 262653 and Luchs
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
My personal opinion on the matter:

Vent all you want (without harassing or insulting - like you said) but also accept that some people won't like it. Stop engaging in conversations that drift into ridiculousness and are obviously designed to aggravate the receiver.

(Coming from someone who isn't as outspoken about their view of the outside world and more focused on what's troubling them on the inside though)

• Love
Reactions: Spiral, Kbeau, WornOutLife and 4 others
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
My personal opinion on the matter:

Vent all you want (without harassing or insulting - like you said) but also accept that some people won't like it. Stop engaging in conversations that drift into ridiculousness and are obviously designed to aggravate the receiver.

(Coming from someone who isn't as outspoken about their view of the outside world and more focused on what's troubling them on the inside though)
I'll admit my initial postings were intense and even powerful, but they were from the heart and not seeking attention.

Yet I got jumped on by two idiots who have followed me around room to room harassing and stalking me because they didn't like what I had to say.

There's plenty on here who are angry and vent on their threads, but somehow when I do it, I'm an attention seeking troll. I submitted a harassment ticket so hopefully I'll hear something.

I must say I'm not at all impressed so far with SS's supposed "supportive community" if they allow jerks like those two to run rampant harassing others.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, Fragile, Luchs and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I got your message and I like having genuine discourse with you and everyone around here even if I might not agree with everything they say.
I'm not easily or at all offended.
Make use of the option to block certain users or (like you did) use a ticket.
Its first and foremost a gathering place for all sorts of suicidal people who don't have to have any requirements (besides a certain age) to join. So there will always be those who are either just bored and wanting to troll or desperate for attention.
I imagine that even mods can't really do much about it until personal matters come into play or harassment can 100 percent be proven.
The best method seems to be not to engage and or to adapt an indifferent (stoic) attitude when words are exchanged.

Reactions: Spiral, Isadeth and Deleted member 26067
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
I got your message and I like having genuine discourse with you and everyone around here even if I might not agree with everything they say.
I'm not easily or at all offended.
Make use of the option to block certain users or (like you did) use a ticket.
Its first and foremost a gathering place for all sorts of suicidal people who don't have to have any requirements (besides a certain age) to join. So there will always be those who are either just bored and wanting to troll or desperate for attention.
I imagine that even mods can't really do much about it until personal matters come into play or harassment can 100 percent be proven.
The best method seems to be not to engage and or to adapt an indifferent (stoic) attitude when words are exchanged.
I don't think I'm going to be sticking around this forum any longer.

Everywhere you turn it's Alt-leftists, infiltrating forums, ganging up on people who aren't 100% in agreement with them and their agenda. If you disagree with them, you're a white supremacist. If you are WHITE, you're a white supremacist. It's endless finger pointing and calumny. These people are sick cultists. There is no reasoning with them, they are evil and malevolent robots.

More than likely I'll be dead from my own hand within the next few years, but it seems going to any forum to express oneself is futile. It would seem that wrongthink is in place here too.

• Hugs
Reactions: watchingthewheels, Disappointered, Isadeth and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Venting about venting. That's sooo meta. I love it.

Since we are in Offtopic section I think it's okay if I'll stray from the topic a little bit.

I don't see how venting is a good idea. What's the benefit if the effort is spent on complaining instead of problem solving? To me it looks like a sugary drink. It tastes sweet for a moment, then I get a sour aftertaste which makes me regret I've ingested the drink in the first place. Then I'm hit with the realization that the resources that could be spent on more fun or fruitful activities, like studying, playing vidya, or watching cartoons, I've spend instead on this shitty piece of artificially sweetened toxic waste, which aggravates the feeling of regret.

I'm now debating if it's even worth my while to try and articulate my thoughts here since I could as well do something more fun and... And now I'm catching myself venting. Good thing I haven't started shitting on venters, or I'd look like a hypocrite. But what's the fuss about hypocrisy anyway?
It's okay to eat other life forms yet not wanting to be eaten yourself, for example.

So far I've enjoyed reading your posts. Lot's of fancy words you use. That comes form a fancy word hunter. Thanks for stopping by, and I understand if you feel like you have better things to do than to stick around.

Reactions: Deleted member 26067
Deleted member 26067

Deleted member 26067

Perennis odium
Feb 4, 2021
Venting about venting. That's sooo meta. I love it.

Since we are in Offtopic section I think it's okay if I'll stray from the topic a little bit.

I don't see how venting is a good idea. What's the benefit if the effort is spent on complaining instead of problem solving? To me it looks like a sugary drink. It tastes sweet for a moment, then I get a sour aftertaste which makes me regret I've ingested the drink in the first place. Then I'm hit with the realization that the resources that could be spent on more fun or fruitful activities, like studying, playing vidya, or watching cartoons, I've spend instead on this shitty piece of artificially sweetened toxic waste, which aggravates the feeling of regret.

I'm now debating if it's even worth my while to try and articulate my thoughts here since I could as well do something more fun and... And now I'm catching myself venting. Good thing I haven't started shitting on venters, or I'd look like a hypocrite. But what's the fuss about hypocrisy anyway?
It's okay to eat other life forms yet not wanting to be eaten yourself, for example.

So far I've enjoyed reading your posts. Lot's of fancy words you use. That comes form a fancy word hunter. Thanks for stopping by, and I understand if you feel like you have better things to do than to stick around.
Thank you.

I believe in venting because when you bottle up things, they eventually build up inside to the point where you explode and do something stupid and potentially dangerous/criminal. It's like offloading steam from a valve.

Unfortunately there's no solution to the problem I speak of. For there to be a solution, civilization would have to miraculously abandon its leftist extreme thinking overnight and return to some semblance of sanity, and that's not gonna happen. Neither you nor I have the power to make that happen, and nobody out there gives a shit or has any interest in making that happen. They'd rather just go with the flow until the whole world burns down around them and coalesces into a singularity of POC-on-European lynching, rape, torture, and ethnic cleansings.

Maybe it's better this way; nature rewards the aggressive, and if some people are passively sitting back while an insane, spittle-mouthed barbaric mob rolls over top of them and eventually kills them off, then I guess they were too weak to go on living.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ― Edmund Burke

Last edited:
Reactions: watchingthewheels, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 262653
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I believe in venting because when you bottle up things, they eventually build up inside to the point where you explode and do something stupid and potentially dangerous/criminal. It's like offloading steam from a valve.
I agree with this. In this vein, I would suggest that maybe focusing your venting on how you're feeling (rather than what you're thinking) would both help you more and also reduce the chances of rubbing other people up the wrong way?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Kbeau, MindFrog and 2 others
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
I don't think I'm going to be sticking around this forum any longer.

Everywhere you turn it's Alt-leftists, infiltrating forums, ganging up on people who aren't 100% in agreement with them and their agenda. If you disagree with them, you're a white supremacist. If you are WHITE, you're a white supremacist. It's endless finger pointing and calumny. These people are sick cultists. There is no reasoning with them, they are evil and malevolent robots.

More than likely I'll be dead from my own hand within the next few years, but it seems going to any forum to express oneself is futile. It would seem that wrongthink is in place here too.
Good luck Todd!!
I'll admit my initial postings were intense and even powerful, but they were from the heart and not seeking attention.

Yet I got jumped on by two idiots who have followed me around room to room harassing and stalking me because they didn't like what I had to say.

There's plenty on here who are angry and vent on their threads, but somehow when I do it, I'm an attention seeking troll. I submitted a harassment ticket so hopefully I'll hear something.

I must say I'm not at all impressed so far with SS's supposed "supportive community" if they allow jerks like those two to run rampant harassing others.
Ok, bye Todd

Last edited:
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I've sworn on a few of my posts. If someone besides a moderator doesn't like it, oh well. This isn't a place to tip toe around issues or raw emotions. Be respectful but be yourself.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Disappointered, GarageKarate07 and 1 other person
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Can anybody tell me what the acceptable method of venting is here? This is a forum ostensibly for venting, getting things off one's chest, and expressing oneself, so long as you aren't harassing or insulting others.

So are you supposed to use words like "darn" and "heck" instead of "fuck" and "shit"? Is stating you hate something forbidden, because HaTE iS BaD!1!!1?

It's my understanding that this site is populated by depressed and angry people like myself. And suicidality/depression is essentially hate turned within, to a point.

So could someone explain to me why venting what troubles me gives rise to such opprobrium and disapprobation? Do you need to be of a certain political persuasion/clique to be allowed this?
A lack of racism is helpful

Reactions: Spiral and x~Sophia~x
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020

Lol. I made a post about flat earth, you can post whatever the fuck you want! Just, yeah, dont make fun of other people on here and you should be ok. Vent on poligics or whatever. If someone doesn't agree with you they can either skip the post like a grown up or whatever.

Reactions: Isadeth and 262653
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Good luck Todd!!

Ok, bye Todd
Sophia - I reported Todd for "provoking" by calling members "idiots". Just an fyi
Lol. I made a post about flat earth, you can post whatever the fuck you want! Just, yeah, dont make fun of other people on here and you should be ok. Vent on poligics or whatever. If someone doesn't agree with you they can either skip the post like a grown up or whatever.
Good luck!!

Last edited:
  • Love
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Reactions: Kbeau
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020

I'm really sorry that happened to you. Please feel free to say whatever you would like, that's what this site is for. Those who harass other users should be reported.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
I'm really sorry that happened to you. Please feel free to say whatever you would like, that's what this site is for. Those who harass other users should be reported.
He has been