Has anyone tried this ?
Also can I CTB through this tablet ? :)
Xo

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
You'd need an awful lot of it, most medications are 'safe'… unfortunately. It's common the Amitriptyline is making you suicidal, you should talk to your doctor

Last edited:
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'm just out of hospital after a CTB attempt and one of the drugs was Amitriptaline. I've been told by several doctors and mental health workers the past 3 days that it's an incredibly toxic drug and rarely prescribed anymore. Trust me, it made me feel absolutely horrendous as it was coming out of my system. It was not the only medication I took.

For sleep (I'm an insomniac) it's probably been the least effective prescription medication I've ever had. I honestly see it as a pretty pointless drug unless you have inordinate quantities to attempt to CTB with. I'm talking 100's of them. Not a box or two.

Surely just smoking a spliff will help you sleep? Why would you need a pharm to go with it? If you absolutely need a pharm, benzos are the only thing that make me sleep. Z drugs like Zopiclone/Zolpidem work for a few days and that's about it. I have found a OTC drug called Kirkland Sleep Aid That works for a a few days to a week before your tolerance catches up with you. It's cheap and you can get it on eBay. It's just an old fashioned antihistamine that makes you unbelievably sleepy. Shit hangover in the morning but you at least get some shut eye.

I'm not sure what country you are in but trying to get a benzo prescription from a UK doctor for anything more than a week or two is nigh on impossible.

Not being able to sleep is horrendous and if you ask me, it's the cornerstone of fixing people's mental health problems. But doctors just seem more bothered about benzo addiction/tolerance. It's a difficult situation all round really. I feel for you, I really do.

Reactions: Mistry420 and Metalhead
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I'm just out of hospital after a CTB attempt and one of the drugs was Amitriptaline. I've been told by several doctors and mental health workers the past 3 days that it's an incredibly toxic drug and rarely prescribed anymore. Trust me, it made me feel absolutely horrendous as it was coming out of my system. It was not the only medication I took.

For sleep (I'm an insomniac) it's probably been the least effective prescription medication I've ever had. I honestly see it as a pretty pointless drug unless you have inordinate quantities to attempt to CTB with. I'm talking 100's of them. Not a box or two.

Surely just smoking a spliff will help you sleep? Why would you need a pharm to go with it? If you absolutely need a pharm, benzos are the only thing that make me sleep. Z drugs like Zopiclone/Zolpidem work for a few days and that's about it. I have found a OTC drug called Kirkland Sleep Aid That works for a a few days to a week before your tolerance catches up with you. It's cheap and you can get it on eBay. It's just an old fashioned antihistamine that makes you unbelievably sleepy. Shit hangover in the morning but you at least get some shut eye.

I'm not sure what country you are in but trying to get a benzo prescription from a UK doctor for anything more than a week or two is nigh on impossible.

Not being able to sleep is horrendous and if you ask me, it's the cornerstone of fixing people's mental health problems. But doctors just seem more bothered about benzo addiction/tolerance. It's a difficult situation all round really. I feel for you, I really do.

I second that on how bad not being able to sleep is.

Also, I have more than enough unused amitriptyline to CTB at will, and could get more if I requested it from my psychiatrist, but it's not something I would consider using to end my life, not over nitrogen hypoxia (I keep a 150CF aluminum canister of P r e s t a c y c l e pure nitrogen in my car to re-inflate my tires on the road) and bottles of L O U D W O L F 99.6% pure sodium nitrite, which I use to boost my nitric oxide levels to counteract my severe congenital obstructive sleep apnea, a condition where low circulating levels of nitric oxide have been confirmed as a key causal factor, so no psychofuckup or cop anywhere has the remotest potential to challenge the motivational legitimacy of my possession of nitrogen or pure SN. (Prolife paranoid fuckwit asshats can first try banning bleach, ammonia, caffeine, alcohol, ropes, traffic, tall buildings, fast vehicles you can jump in front of, sharp objects, plastic bags, carbon dioxide, automobile exhaust, charcoal briquets and grills, fire, water, power lines, electric third rails, gasoline fumes, trains and any other of the nine billion plus methods people use to end their lives if they have the remotest problem with the availability of SN for legitimate everyday use by individuals. In point of fact, it's prolife idiots who are too stupid and ignorant to live. Anybody who ever questions why you want any CBT materials you desire can be made to feel completely retarded and utterly stupid and embarrassed by an adroit purchaser easily enough.)

Reactions: Mistry420 and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
@Gnip I also snore. Can SN be used as treatment for this somehow? I hate cpap machines.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
@Gnip I also snore. Can SN be used as treatment for this somehow? I hate cpap machines.

I don't know, as my own snoring was cured in 2012 by a surgical uvulectomy. However, if you have the discipline to follow through with it (which I haven't done myself yet), there is a three month self help course which purports to cure snoring:

https://www.singingforsnorers.com/

Reactions: Emily_Numb
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I don't know, as my own snoring was cured in 2012 by a surgical uvulectomy. However, if you have the discipline to follow through with it (which I haven't done myself yet), there is a three month self help course which purports to cure snoring:

https://www.singingforsnorers.com/
haha cool thanks!

Reactions: Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
haha cool thanks!

You're more than welcome! I call positive airway pressure machines "CQUACK," and all they ever did for me was torture me before infecting me with severe bronchitis. About the only treatment left for me to undergo is the one I can only do for myself, Alise Ojay's vocal training course with its anecdote that few opera singers, many of them obese, very seldom snore because of the pharyngeal fitness which tones their airways open while they are sleeping. It's an interesting hypothesis, and does make some sense. I've had doubts that it might work for me, even after my comprehensive corrective uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, septoplasty and turbinate reduction in April 2012, but in combination with the nitric oxide boosting effects of low dose SN, I am now wondering if that all might work. (If not, it may considerably reduce the pressure requirements of far more technologically advanced and less invasive variable breath by breath pressure sleep equipment than the primitive fixed pressure monstrosity I has foisted on me in 2007, a piece of shit manufactured by ResMed called the Mirage Swift II. Utter garbage! The trash manufactured by Respironics is even worse!)

Reactions: Meditation guide and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I call positive airway pressure machines "CQUACK," and all they ever did for me was torture me before infecting me with severe bronchitis.
:O...omg!

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
:sick:

I'd like to strangle every ignorant and stupid quack and charlatan who ever glibly claimed to me, CPAP always works! Medical doctors are the worst snake oil sales people and scam artists who exist in mainstream health care.

Nurses are generalized as "The noblest profession" for some compelling reasons. Physicians are labeled as quacks and charlatans for the same reason people with law degrees are deemed shysters. They do not deserve ANY respect whatever until or unless the few competent exceptions who prove the rule that all the rest completely SUCK actually EARN your respect.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered
Mistry420

Mistry420

I don’t even like rollercoasters
Feb 11, 2020

For some reason ive just seen this
And 4am ! Surprise the amitriptyline has stopped working been about a week or so it's stopped working and I've just finished my first month

I hate coming off these meds, makes me go all over the place when I start n stop all diff ones

yeah I smoke all day everyday so weed as a sleeping aid doesn't work and in UK hardcore indica isn't really available like that

but I'm going to try call my doctor tomorrow and just tell her what you've just said about it not working after a few days

I've always hated sleep since I was a child
Just wish I would just sleeeep!!!

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
For some reason ive just seen this
And 4am ! Surprise the amitriptyline has stopped working been about a week or so it's stopped working and I've just finished my first month

I hate coming off these meds, makes me go all over the place when I start n stop all diff ones

yeah I smoke all day everyday so weed as a sleeping aid doesn't work and in UK hardcore indica isn't really available like that

but I'm going to try call my doctor tomorrow and just tell her what you've just said about it not working after a few days

I've always hated sleep since I was a child
Just wish I would just sleeeep!!!

I had horrendous nightmares as a baby, child, teenager and even into my 20's. Turns out nightmares are the result of interrupted breathing in sleep apnea. I have never stopped having nightmares, and even taking clonazepam at bedtime doesn't counteract those, but at least I can pop 20 mg crushed zolpidem and be sure of usually falling asleep promptly. (The fucking United States Food and Drug Administration recommends a maximum dose of just 5 mg zolpidem, but nothing less than 20 mg is reliable for me. It is what it is, and the optimal dose is the optimal dose. My psychiatrist has no quarrel with prescribing me 20 mg zolpidem.)

Reactions: Mistry420
Mistry420

Mistry420

I don’t even like rollercoasters
Feb 11, 2020
I had horrendous nightmares as a baby, child, teenager and even into my 20's. Turns out nightmares are the result of interrupted breathing in sleep apnea. I have never stopped having nightmares, and even taking clonazepam at bedtime doesn't counteract those, but at least I can pop 20 mg crushed zolpidem and be sure of usually falling asleep promptly. (The fucking United States Food and Drug Administration recommends a maximum dose of just 5 mg zolpidem, but nothing less than 20 mg is reliable for me. It is what it is, and the optimal dose is the optimal dose. My psychiatrist has no quarrel with prescribing me 20 mg zolpidem.)

no way

I've always had nightmares to, thought it was an anxiety thing , I'm26 now and still have same repetitive dreams

Reactions: Gnip