kotonearisato

kotonearisato

momento mori
Feb 13, 2024
I've read a lot of the 2022 PPeH and through many threads on here, but I did not see this discussed - if it was, my apologies and please point me in that direction if you don't mind!

That said, when my doctor was updating my prescription recently she reminded me that another one of my medications, Bupropion, has a very specific interaction with Amitriptyline in that it can increase the blood levels of it and to be careful. Would this imply that you'd need less Amitriptyline than mentioned in the PPeH to succeed in CTB? Or am I misunderstanding her/the internet about what that means? Was wondering if anyone here was aware or maybe has better knowledge of medication interactions/what that means. Thank you in advance

schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
In some ways it could but it's a moving target, it doesn't always work that way in everyone's bodies. No one knows how much of amitriptyline let alone a possible interaction of amitriptyline and bupropion would be reliable to CTB. If they tell you they know they're lying or mistaken.

Reactions: kotonearisato
Upvote 0
kotonearisato

kotonearisato

momento mori
Feb 13, 2024
In some ways it could but it's a moving target, it doesn't always work that way in everyone's bodies. No one knows how much of amitriptyline let alone a possible interaction of amitriptyline and bupropion would be reliable to CTB. If they tell you they know they're lying or mistaken.
Yeah definitely wasn't expecting any exact numbers. Mostly just trying to figure out my options, see what makes sense with the resources I have. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it

Upvote 0