12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
Has anyone visited amiright.com, a song parody website? I starting submitting parodies in May 2022. The name I have used most is "George&GermaineBriantFan" (a long-married couple from Louisiana that I have a fixation on.)

Am I Right - Parody Authors: George&GermaineBriantFan

My initial parodies dealed with a 1951 episode of "Beat the Clock" that featured 300 Boy Scouts. It was my intention to make this broadcast a national phenomenon again. But I quickly realized that you just don't go up on a soapbox and write about these things, and so I got another user to write about it instead.

All of the parodies are of old recordings from 1933-35. Artists include Irving Aaronson, Herbie Kay, Ben Pollack and others. (I don't do any more "well-known" bands from this period).

The subjects range from obscure historical moments to AM radio shows and random products. I know it's not a popular approach to song parody writing, but if you are very low-functioning already, it can be very easy.

I personally feel fine about the parodies, although some days the submissions are completely ignored. At least they give me something to do, while I am waiting to leave this planet.

• Informative
Reactions: (¥) and psp3000