ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I live in the UK and it sucks because even the normal police over here don't carry guns. The gangs run around threatening each other with knives which would be considered a joke in America. Americans can easily get access to a gun and blow their brains out without too much fuss.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: heretogethelp, fedupsoul, The end ! and 27 others
kite

kite

caustic cynicism
Jan 10, 2021
I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is a controversial topic, but access to guns would make CTBing easier for so many of us.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Predestinated and 5 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Yup. Must suck to not have the right to defend yourself, your property, or your loved ones.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Tbh I'm balanced with regard to the right to bear arms.
They increase the number of murders indeed.
But I acknowledge they are an easy way to ctb when done properly.

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N, fedupsoul, The end ! and 6 others
A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Suicide by cop is always an option.

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and Ricky1@@
why_be

why_be

Got that feeling...
Jan 7, 2021
Honestly, it's probably one of the only good things about living in this shithole.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Antigonish and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, you're right. Although having easy access to guns brings not only more suicides but also terrible situations in which a random guy shoots people in a church or school. It's kinda scary.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, profoundexperience, WeekofWonder and 7 others
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, you're right. Although having easy access to guns brings not only more suicides but also terrible situations in which a random guy shoots people in a church or school. It's kinda scary.
Yes, you're absolutely right and nobody can deny that. That's one of the disadvantages of gun culture. It's even worse in Mexico with the drug cartels having more powerful US weaponry than the Mexican police. Innocent Mexicans and even tourists are routinely shot dead.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, Arvinneedstodie, HenryHobkins and 2 others
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Not only guns but much easier to get SN and other pharmaceuticals without a prescription for CTB.

People on here who have never owned/shot a gun often dreamily wish for one to use for CTB. However overcoming the SI to shoot yourself is much harder than people imagine. Particularly when you've felt the recoil and heard how loud they are. I put it up there with jumping in terms of difficulty.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, TheDevilsAngel, kite and 12 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
There's an ammo shortage in the US right now. All the right-wing nuts who are arming themselves for a Biden presidency are also buying tons of ammunition in case guns become outlawed or something. So you can buy a gun, but won't have any bullets to shoot yourself with.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Mixo and 5 others
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
There's an ammo shortage in the US right now. All the right-wing nuts who are arming themselves for a Biden presidency are also buying tons of ammunition in case guns become outlawed or something. So you can buy a gun, but won't have any bullets to shoot yourself with.
Ironically Homeland Security is mostly - or at least equal - to blame for the shortage as they have been buying mass quantities in preparation for who knows what.
Yes, you're absolutely right and nobody can deny that. That's one of the disadvantages of gun culture. It's even worse in Mexico with the drug cartels having more powerful US weaponry than the Mexican police. Innocent Mexicans and even tourists are routinely shot dead.
Ironically, Washington D.C and Chicago, among other locations with the strictest gun control laws, have the most gun violence in the U.S.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Ricky1@@ and 3 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@ARW3N don't discredit knives. At less than 20ft, someone with a knife is usually more lethal than someone with a gun.

But yes, I agree that the US, despite all it's faults, is the best country to live in, by far.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, patheticpartner and 3 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
@ARW3N don't discredit knives. At less than 20ft, someone with a knife is usually more lethal than someone with a gun.

But yes, I agree that the US, despite all it's faults, is the best country to live in, by far.
I wouldn't say more lethal. Maybe as lethal. Knives rarely kill instantly. Bullets often do.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end ! and TheDevilsAngel
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019

I have to be honest with you that I'm not an anti-gun person. It sucks in Britain that we can't defend ourselves from burglars, thieves and muggers. We are literally walking targets. The British police are rubbish when you call them in an emergency. Everyone citizen has the right to defend themselves against scumbags with arms.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Gnip and 2 others
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
I live in the US and if you go to a mental hospital for a suicide attempt and they commit you essentially Making you stay longer than you want to stay. Some states are more trigger happy with giving blue papers but then you lose your right to own a gun. So I so wish I could get a gun but don't want to risk 10 years in prison.. if I am even able to get one from a private seller. You have to practice shooting...where? If you don't die with one you could get 10 years for being in possession of a gun.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, kite and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Every lunatic in America has multiple guns. The surprising thing is that more ppl don't get shot. You can't walk around in the countryside without hearing guns constantly anywhere you go.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Mixo and 7 others
A

Awayout

Jun 17, 2019
You couldn't be more wrong lol.
The reason there is such an ammo shortage actually has nothing to do with "right-wing nuts", it is because of the "left-wing nuts". There has been a huge increase in firearm sales from the left because of the early fears of Covid last March and what has been going on with the whole BLM protests and honestly us pro-gun people are actually happy about it. We want everyone to be able to use and believe in their 2A rights. Yes, it does suck that there is ammo shortages but it's awesome that people that have always thought "guns=bad" will now see that they're really not as "scary and deadly" as they think they are.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Fragile and 2 others
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
replace knife with gun and thats how it is in america.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul and The end !
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
You couldn't be more wrong lol.
The reason there is such an ammo shortage actually has nothing to do with "right-wing nuts", it is because of the "left-wing nuts". There has been a huge increase in firearm sales from the left because of the early fears of Covid last March and what has been going on with the whole BLM protests and honestly us pro-gun people are actually happy about it. We want everyone to be able to use and believe in their 2A rights. Yes, it does suck that there is ammo shortages but it's awesome that people that have always thought "guns=bad" will now see that they're really not as "scary and deadly" as they think they are.

Pfft, left wing already had guns hence the uptick of violent crimes in left-leaning cities of Baltimore and Chicago. Truth is there's a gun/ammo shortage no matter what side you believe in. Civil War 2 coming up soon.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, Fragile and 1 other person
A

Awayout

Jun 17, 2019
Pfft, left wing already had guns hence the uptick of violent crimes in left-leaning cities of Baltimore and Chicago. Truth is there's a gun/ammo shortage no matter what side you believe in. Civil War 2 coming up soon.
There's not going to be a second Civil War. Left biased media tries to make it look like every single person that voted for Trump is a far-right gun packing crazed trumper that will die for him, and the right biased media tries to make it look like every single person that voted for Biden is a baby killing, gender fluid pedophile trying to destroy democracy. It's just not remotely true. The number of retarded crazed republicans and democratics are a lot smaller than the media makes it out to be.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, kite, Fragile and 5 others
Mer

Mer

Insert Witty Comment Here
Dec 2, 2020
I live in the UK and it sucks because even the normal police over here don't carry guns. The gangs run around threatening each other with knives which would be considered a joke in America. Americans can easily get access to a gun and blow their brains out without too much fuss.
Erm, I'm an American and it's not as easy as one might think.

For example, guns still cost money. I'm poor as hell and can't afford a gun at all.

• Love
Reactions: fedupsoul, The end !, kite and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Mer check armslist. You should be able to find a used highpoint or taurus for around $100-$150.

• Love
Reactions: The end ! and Disappointered
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Guns are basically a power trip. As someone who grew up in a country with gun control, then moved to the US and eventually bought a gun, I get it. Once you have this instrument of death in your possession, you really don't want to let go of it.

However I think it's actually nicer to live in a country where guns aren't generally available. It's much safer in cities, even in the bad neighborhoods. The argument that the worst crime in the US is in places like Chicago with stricter gun laws is ridiculous, because guns are easily accessible from neighboring states.

That being said if SHTF or other scenarios where society and LE breaks down, I can see things being better in the US where guns are more widely distributed and people can defend themselves.

• Love
Reactions: The end !, patheticpartner and Secrets1
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I'm a hardcore liberal. I'm also a veteran, and I've held and shot M-16's and M-4's. I've taken human life. It's vulgar, and it's a stain that doesn't wash off. I see people in my country, especially since I live in the South, fetishizing the AR-15 (and pretty much every other gun to a lesser extent) and it makes me sick. I could never shoot myself, maybe because I've just seen too much.

I wish guns weren't so widespread here, and euthanasia was just accessible like it is in Europe.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, Weary Soul, Shades of Grey and 7 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
Til if you own a gun, you're a lunatic lol

It's not guns causing problems, it's people. There's always going to be people doing bad shit. UK banned guns then people started stabbing people. They banned knives so they moved on to throwing acid. Now you need background check and 25 years experience in the secret service just to own toilet bowl cleaner and a screw driver.

A few years ago, there was an attack on a school in my country where the perpetrator killed three people and then suicided-by-cop. His weapon of choice? A sword. Another few years back, a man packs a suitcase full of guns and ammo, and murders 67 kids on an island. Both countries have comparable gun laws, in that permit for a purpose is required. Had he been armed with a sword, do you think 67 kids would have died that day? Or how about in Las Vegas? Could the perpetrator have killed 60 people by firing arrows from a crossbow blindly at 1200 feet away? Even as a marksman, it would have been quite the feat to hit that many targets with fatal precision from that range and angle with that kind of lighting.

I could go on and on. Christchurch, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Columbine. Guns vastly amplify the destructive capabilities of a person with intent, and unlike individual murderousness they can be controlled. I'm not of the opinion that gun ownership necessarily needs to be completely outlawed. But it should be a privilege, not a right. When the founding fathers wrote the Second Amendment, they must have either underestimated our ability to craft so much more effective weaponry, or simply assumed that people would adapt to the times. But we're struggling to do that. There are for example no legitimate reasons for an individual to possess an assault rifle, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The end !, NodusTollens, heliumornitrogen and 6 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
A few years ago, there was an attack on a school in my country where the perpetrator killed three people and then suicided-by-cop. His weapon of choice? A sword. Another few years back, a man packs a suitcase full of guns and ammo, and murders 67 kids on an island. Both countries have comparable gun laws, in that permit for a purpose is required. Had he been armed with a sword, do you think 67 kids would have died that day? Or how about in Las Vegas? Could the perpetrator have killed 60 people by firing arrows from a crossbow blindly at 1200 feet away? Even as a marksman, it would have been quite the feat to hit that many targets with fatal precision from that range and angle with that kind of lighting.

I could go on and on. Christchurch, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Columbine. Guns vastly amplify the destructive capabilities of a person with intent. I'm not of the opinion that gun ownership necessarily needs to be completely outlawed. But it should be a privilege, not a right. When the founding fathers wrote the Second Amendment, they must have either underestimated our ability to craft so much more effective weaponry, or simply assumed that people would adapt to the times. But we're struggling to do that. There are for example no legitimate reasons for an individual to possess an assault rifle, wouldn't you say?
The 2nd amendment exists so American citizens can protect themselves from a tyrannical government, as well as from criminals. If the government and criminals are armed with assault rifles, then so should we be. We have the rght to defend ourselves.

Reactions: Gnip, Disappointered and lost_soul83
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
So sick of hearing about these mentally retarded fantasies. I understand that depression can weaken a person's cognitive level, and that the majority of users on this forum are whiny utter retards. But still. So fucking boring and pathetic.

"Muh rights!" Cry more, you deathly boring anxious wreck.
No argument, just insults.
Typical.

And reported.

• Love
Reactions: The end !