Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I feel hopelessly lethargic. On the one hand, I want to end it, but I don't have the mental or physical energy to plan and acquire the means to do so. On the other hand, however, I sort of wish I didn't have to because I'm scared of failing and afraid there's something worse after this; the notion that consciousness may be nonphysical and persist postmortem in some form terrifies me to the core. But I feel I have no other choice--I've wrecked my life beyond repair, and I can't bear to live in this body and with this mind for decades to come. The best-case scenario is still deeply unsatisfying to contemplate and would require an inordinate amount of time and effort to achieve. I occasionally reason that I should stick around to achieve it, but objectively speaking I'm better off killing myself instead. I feel guilty imagining how this would affect my family. I feel trapped with no way out. Every day is monotonous. I am in a perpetual cycle with the same thought loops, and I am tormented by my myriad obsessions and constant worries. I feel like a husk of a person.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome, todeswunsch, tiger b and 3 others
C

chesterfield

Nov 23, 2023
i feel the exact same way. especially in the mornings. rn im panicking again cause i need to find a way out but i cant. cant even make myself eat. want to leave but am so afraid of failing or SI kicking in. everyday i wake up thinking about train tracks since i see no other option for myself. and at the same time i cant make myself even go find a good spot. i read about every possible method but nothing seems to be realistic for me. i am ata point where i wouldnt even care about the trauma caused to the train operator anymore which in itself makes me sad in a way. only thing is that i dont feel any emotions anymore. cant even cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome, todeswunsch, tiger b and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm there too.
Constant intrusive thoughts, completely bored and horrified by life.
Feeling trapped with ctb as the only way out.
I hate waking up because a wave of panic hits me that I'm still alive and have to endure another day of pointless, meaningless existence filled with dread.

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome, todeswunsch and tiger b
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do understand that it's dreadful and tiring feeling so trapped here, it must be awful what you go through, existence really is too cruel. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, todeswunsch and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I definitely relate on the lethargy front - I relate in most fronts. I feel like I need an energy transfusion to participate in a pointless game!

It feels far better to sit on the couch watching the clouds drift by, as aimlessly as the people do in the streets below it.

Winter is here

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and todeswunsch