D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I can't even leave the room anymore, people put me in a panic. I feel like a parasite who lives off the money of others. This has been going on for years. The last time I went out was 1.5 years ago.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Rairii, crimson blue and 12 others
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
No, you aren't worthless. There's a lot inside you that is beyond work and social prowess.

It can imprisoning, uncertain, and discouraging to be in this place. A lot of people fell into isolation the past couple years. I haven't left the house much in this time either. You're not worthless though, there is more to you than this anxiety and situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, onlyanimalsaregood, Walilamdzii and 4 others
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
Something wrong with society - do some job you hate - take it out on someone else and repeat.
If we were a happy society you wouldn't feel that way.
This is just my opinion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, crimson blue, onlyanimalsaregood and 4 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I was in your situation for years in my youth. Eventually I started working despite what an incredible strain it was. I can confirm the situation only improved marginally, because now I felt disrespected for the fact that my work is not high-status enough to be respected by society anyway.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, WonderingSoul, CTB Dream and 3 others
D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
why then does class war always end in dictatorship?
China, North Korea, GDR, Cuba, Vietnam, Soviet Union, Cambodia

I also don't know what the answer has to do with my question.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
No

Reactions: Rocinante and Rairii
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Working is a privilege. By working. I don't mean slaving away for the bare minimum of pay. That's too undignified to even be classified as work. I can't tell you what to think, but personally I lose zero sleep over not accepting that kind of nightmarish drudgery. Especially given that there are others out there earning tens or hundreds of times the amount for much less strenuous and degrading work. They want to guilt-trip YOU into taking the shit job, whilst they sit comfy. No thanks.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, bed, Walilamdzii and 3 others
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
I just meant don't be too hard on yourself. Yes work can be good but a lot of people are unhappy working for there capitalist pig employees lol.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Vietnam's not a dictatorship bro

xenoz

xenoz

Dec 5, 2022
Feel the exact same way. I fear getting a full time job because I don't want to spend the rest of my life working, coming home still depressing, sleeping, then waking up to do it all over again until I die, because we all know I'm never gonna be able to retire in this society that bleeds you dry and leaves you one missed paycheck away from being homeless or starving. At the same time, my father and stepmom treat me more like shit than their daughter for not having a job, even when I tell them I'm trying. Talking to them makes me realize how useless I actually am, and I usually feel the most like CBT-ing after talking to them. It's to the point I can't even talk to them about anything thats not job search-related. I'll do everything I can think of to at least not rot in bed all day and no matter what they don't care. They don't even care I tried to CTB only 3 months ago, even though they fully know.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This sorry job all human make abus try force other tell not worthy ,,this all no good this not fault one person this fault society species. Try show other pyramidi

Reactions: Disappointered
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Try to look for a job that suits you and like.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
No, you're not worthless. But most humans will feel they can look down on you to some degree. Hopefully you can find people who aren't like that but they are a very small minority. If you can find something you like to do that functions as some sort of self-improvement, such as learning a different language or a musical instrument then just put your energy into that. Maybe you'll find decent work as well. If you don't, sure most will make you out implicitly to be a parasite but that is just the reaction the workers have because they are victims of the same horror show we're all trapped in. If you can produce something that helps you be more independent and/or has intrinsic value then that is what defines you, not the judgemental opinions of the rat racers trying to feel better by putting others down.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, crimson blue, Message In A Bottle and 4 others
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
No. Don't conceptualise of yourself in that way.

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
relatable. i've been on disability for a long time and never had a job. can barely leave my room let alone the house except for appointments. I had a long stint like you where I didn't leave the house for over a year. It's debilitating, i'm sorry. I struggle with accepting that my worth doesn't come from what I do for a living, it's just this capitalistic hellscape that makes us feel like this.

Reactions: Disappointered and Skathon
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
By and large, doing work makes the world worse.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I personally relate entirely even if I can see how it shouldn't define you and is overblown in many people's minds. Nonetheless, I still feel like a parasite. It's as though a major part of finding purpose and meaning has been robbed from me as I have only ever failed or "existed" under someone else's finances. I worked and had a decent salary for a brief period but at the time I also spent a lot on alcohol, restaurants and cannabis. Even if I'd have saved more, I'd still feel the same at this point in my life because it's not just about money. It's about having a role to play that brings value to other humans around you. Anyway. It shouldn't be our problem if the disgusting social order within which we were created has no place within which we can affirm our lives. The "solution" is that we'll be culled. I guess I'm fine with that. Peacefully.

savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
i relate too. i'm a parasite leeching on my loved ones and my leaving will only help them. a financial black hole where money disappears into.

WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
No it's okay. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are not worthless. Take your time

Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
No! The truth is that all people are egual no matter in what life situation they are in for whats reasons ever