Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
  • Wow
Reactions: archipelago, AQUA, allesistgut and 7 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Question is, what is the refresh time on that? I always use private browsing on ss, so I have to log in every time I close my browser. Even if that only takes a few seconds, I'll show up as a guest for a little while.

Reactions: AQUA
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Question is, what is the refresh time on that? I always use private browsing on ss, so I have to log in every time I close my browser. Even if that only takes a few seconds, I'll show up as a guest for a little while.
Because this forum does not use two-way communication, it may take a few minutes to update that information, unless you interact in some way once logged in, in which case the update will be immediate

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Because this forum does not use two-way communication, it may take a few minutes to update that information, unless you interact in some way once logged in, in which case the update will be immediate
Good point. But even if the ratio of members:guests was double, it would be close to 3:5, which is worrisome.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Unfortunately this site has been in the news a lot lately.

Reactions: justsayin
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Nani? That much? I always use this one theme that hides the number so I often forget there are even guests here.

Some of them might be long-time lurkers. There's this one forum on which I have lurked for many years and never made an account, I just like reading their posts. Some of them can be people who have or have had an account here, but for some reason aren't logged in or they deleted their accounts. But they shouldn't be more than a few dozens.

I just hope there aren't any pro-sufferings there. It's easy to feel uncomfortable when there are so many guests. It makes me wish the forum would only be open for guests on weekends or something.

Also, if any guests are reading this: remember that watching cat videos is good for your mental health!

Reactions: MiserableInCT and ThriveOrDie
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Some of them might be long-time lurkers. There's this one forum on which I have lurked for many years and never made an account, I just like reading their posts.
Yes, I was even fine with the number of guests even knowing that it exceeded the number of online users, but that the number of guests reaches a thousand, it worries me a bit
Guest2
Stranger still is that the number of guests has just dropped sharply

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mixo and Manaaja
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Also, if any guests are reading this: remember that watching cat videos is good for your mental health!

Dear guests, we are all dangerous lunatics who will take all your pussycats down with us.

eric cartman fire GIF by South Park

• Yay!
Reactions: Eternally Dottie, ThriveOrDie and Judah
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Yes, I was even fine with the number of guests even knowing that it exceeded the number of online users, but that the number of guests reaches a thousand, it worries me a bit
There's a tiny chance they could be bots but on the other hand, I haven't seen a single bot post ever, so I doubt that.

I wish there was something like queues in MMOs. Such as, only a hundred guests would be allowed at a time, and the rest would have to wait.

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I was one of them. When I found this site I lurked for quite a long time because the registration process scared me. Reading the posts here helped me with my mental health greatly. I think a large percentage of guests are just like me. However there are probably also normies who stumbled here and read posts out of morbid curiosity and prolifers who seek to take this site down.

Reactions: clown_17, Eternally Dottie and justsayin
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
This is extremely concerning. Maybe we should have threads only visible to us, away from the public view?

Reactions: angiegirl30 and LONE WOLF.
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Whenever the guest number spikes significantly, I always think that some random newspaper covered us again (almost always to point fingers at us). If it's some pissant like Dailymail, that's of trivial concern, but when larger papers like the NYT article cover it, it could cause another problem for us (US Congress members are already after this site thanks to that NYT's (s)hit piece, and UK Parliament has us in their list of targets in a new bill).

Reactions: demuic, lostundead, justsayin and 1 other person
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I used to be a longtime lurker before I joined. It's not easy to decide to join i think. I think a lot of people are considering ctb these days to be honest, they just don't want to admit it

Reactions: justsayin, ThriveOrDie and HappyForever?
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I feel indifferent I guess idk, I worry they're going to take this place away from us but I don't mind strangers gawking at us

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, lostundead, justsayin and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
No you are not, I have also mentioned this several times. Most replies I got were, were t you a lurker first, yes I was but above 1000 never seen it in 2 years. Well spotted Judah.

Reactions: demuic
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
This is extremely concerning. Maybe we should have threads only visible to us, away from the public view?

Those already exist.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/600-guests-viewing.82076/

Whenever the guest number spikes significantly, I always think that some random newspaper covered us again (almost always to point fingers at us). If it's some pissant like Dailymail, that's of trivial concern, but when larger papers like the NYT article cover it, it could cause another problem for us (US Congress members are already after this site thanks to that NYT's (s)hit piece, and UK Parliament has us in their list of targets in a new bill).

This time it's BBC (and Dailymail).

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-60236776
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10471947/Man-23-killed-finding-suicide-forum-told-buy-poison.html

Reactions: Pen>Sword
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Remember the difficult, personal circumstances that we all find ourselves in, and also take note of the fact that most posts seem to be made by a small percentage of the community members, and also that opening up to people about their suicidality can be emotionally taxing. I mean, those visitors could just be us back when we didn't have the wherewithal, the strength or the courage to create an account here. If so, you are looking at the number of people who may be suffering in silence. They may just be looking for an effective enough end-of-life method, so we will never know them to any extent.

Reactions: justsayin
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I would like this site to be for registered members only, No Lurker's should be able to view the Main Site!

angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
Right now there are 705 guests online. 705!! With 134 members. That seems kind of crazy to me.

A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i usually don't look at how many guests are online or will just casually glance at it. but yeah yesterday or whenever (can't remember when exactly) i scrolled down and saw a similar number i have to say it made me a bit uncomfortable as well.

Reactions: demuic
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
143/912 for now. Locking down the whole site may protect us but will probably kill the forum in a short time. Maybe we should make a members only section for method discussion. We did it once, but everyone disliked that.

Reactions: angiegirl30