M

myhappyending

Jan 23, 2024
Growing up as a homosexual man, I was taught to hate everything about it, as an adult man, I can't simply change this, therapies didn't work. All the bullying and abuse memories are vivid in my head. I am the owner of my life and I wish to end it for not liking it. Am I wrong for that?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, marchshift, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
struggles_inc

struggles_inc

life is a highway and i wanna wreck my car
Jun 24, 2023
No, that's an adequate response to severe bullying. You are not wrong for wanting pain to go. I'm sorry homophobia caused you so much pain, unfortunately many people, especially older generations, fear LGBT like fire.

Reactions: divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If someone was to say that suicide is "wrong" then that would be very insensitive to me. We never consented to this existence in the first place and aren't obligated to continue, nobody should be forced to continue suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Disappointered and Nyx𓂀
M

myhappyending

Jan 23, 2024
I read the word "suffer" being mentioned, but I believe it's actually about "decision" in the context of facing a life one doesn't like. The question arises: should one continue to please others or choose to end life in a way that brings happiness? This, I think, is what suicide should be about—not just ending pain or suffering, but living until one decides when to stop. Any thoughts?

Reactions: divinemistress36, reclaimedbynature and Disappointered
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I read the word "suffer" being mentioned, but I believe it's actually about "decision" in the context of facing a life one doesn't like. The question arises: should one continue to please others or choose to end life in a way that brings happiness? This, I think, is what suicide should be about—not just ending pain or suffering, but living until one decides when to stop. Any thoughts?
You have more options than the two you list. You can choose to live in a way that does not please others. And if that amount to "being yourself" perhaps you should. At the very least, you could consider it. There is NOTHING wrong with being gay. If some other people don't like it that's THEIR problem; don't make it yours. Just tell them where to go, and live your life.

Reactions: divinemistress36
M

myhappyending

Jan 23, 2024
You have more options than the two you list. You can choose to live in a way that does not please others. And if that amount to "being yourself" perhaps you should. At the very least, you could consider it. There is NOTHING wrong with being gay. If some other people don't like it that's THEIR problem; don't make it yours. Just tell them where to go, and live your life.
It's not about whether it's wrong or not, it's more to do with the fact the one person born gay does not like the life one faces and decides to not continue with it, the only option is: face it, pretend that you don't care about the way others think of view it when reality is the opposite.

Society in general is not ready for homosexuals same way it's not ready for anything other that the standards.

Forcefully living in a world where you don't like being part of is the most difficult fight one can face.

However, I see your point.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, reclaimedbynature and Linda