ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
I've been gradually feeling less and less upset lately(negative emotions and neutral emotions are the only emotions I can feel so this is quite alarming), I still have no motivation to do anything and I still want to die, but I just feel really numb.

I've also started looking at things with a more logical standpoint, morals have taken a backseat but I will still consider them, just not as much. I feel like I'm being less and less human every day which does slightly concern me, as I was a very emotional person in the past.

My current theory is they upped the dosage of the antidepressant I'm taking(20mg to 30mg, fluoxetine) and that is why my emotions have been numbed further

• Hugs
Reactions: aubrey!, NoLoveNoHope, LocalAngel and 1 other person
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
Yeah, no, anti depressants can do that. It's one of the key reasons why i refuse to ever take them, despite being pestered repeatedly to do so.

Reactions: aubrey! and ireallylikemangoes
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I've been gradually feeling less and less upset lately(negative emotions and neutral emotions are the only emotions I can feel so this is quite alarming), I still have no motivation to do anything and I still want to die, but I just feel really numb.

I've also started looking at things with a more logical standpoint, morals have taken a backseat but I will still consider them, just not as much. I feel like I'm being less and less human every day which does slightly concern me, as I was a very emotional person in the past.

My current theory is they upped the dosage of the antidepressant I'm taking(20mg to 30mg, fluoxetine) and that is why my emotions have been numbed further
SSRI's should not have that effect or at least to my knowledge unless it is incredibly rare and since fluoxetine is a very standard go to I think it should be safe to rule that out. I've experienced the same thing before and I saw other users on here refer to it as psychological death - essentially accepting your death, you withdrawal socially, give up hygiene and start to feel numb and emotionless or at least generally feeling "down" or "depressed".

The only information I have on it is physical correlation like cancer. It may also just be dissociation, I've experienced it over my time and it can make you feel mechanical or that's how I described it. I'll link the thread I was talking about earlier with psychological death if you want to read it.

Most of the information I said was directly from DeadManLiving.
Yeah, no, anti depressants can do that. It's one of the key reasons why i refuse to ever take them, despite being pestered repeatedly to do so.
Oh wow I had no idea they could. I was told even "statistically they can increase suicidal ideations" when coming on them, looks like I learnt something new lol

Update: I did some research and found depersonalization was reported ~1% of the cases with fluoxetine, I suggest asking your doctor to come off SSRI's or have a conversation of moving to another medication since you are on a relatively lose dosage.

Last edited:
Reactions: ireallylikemangoes
ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
SSRI's should not have that effect or at least to my knowledge unless it is incredibly rare and since fluoxetine is a very standard go to I think it should be safe to rule that out. I've experienced the same thing before and I saw other users on here refer to it as psychological death - essentially accepting your death, you withdrawal socially, give up hygiene and start to feel numb and emotionless or at least generally feeling "down" or "depressed".

The only information I have on it is physical correlation like cancer. It may also just be dissociation, I've experienced it over my time and it can make you feel mechanical or that's how I described it. I'll link the thread I was talking about earlier with psychological death if you want to read it.

Most of the information I said was directly from DeadManLiving.

Oh wow I had no idea they could. I was told even "statistically they can increase sucidal ideations" when coming on them, looks like I learnt something new lol
It sounds like a horrible and slow way to go for those around you, it would probably be subtle and the person experiencing it would not notice nor have the urge to care anymore. I afraid I'm not experiencing this though, as I do not even fit the first stage of this condition. This has piqued my interest and I will be reading about it further…

I think it's just my antidepressants at work here, I don't really care though, feeling less emotion just makes life a little bit more bearable, the side effect is just feeling out of place and kind of fake as I am very expressive outwards even if I feel nothing, it's an unconscious thing I started doing when I was around 6 to be more "likeable", kids are strange lol

NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
It sounds like a horrible and slow way to go for those around you, it would probably be subtle and the person experiencing it would not notice nor have the urge to care anymore. I afraid I'm not experiencing this though, as I do not even fit the first stage of this condition. This has piqued my interest and I will be reading about it further…

I think it's just my antidepressants at work here, I don't really care though, feeling less emotion just makes life a little bit more bearable, the side effect is just feeling out of place and kind of fake as I am very expressive outwards even if I feel nothing, it's an unconscious thing I started doing when I was around 6 to be more "likeable", kids are strange lol
I think the depersonalization can still be a problem even if you deem it as a positive effect for now, personally had some nasty things come from it. I would say it's worth mentioning to your doctor.

I'm glad I could interest you with something, I believe I'm experiencing it and actually regressed from an overdose surprisingly although I do think I'm continuing down the stages now.

Very interesting read though, it's really sad to see it's not well documented.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
For me personally after thinking about it for some time, I'd actually enjoy a situation where living
is just living without any emotion at all. I always thought that my emotional side was something
good or to be proud of, but it can create a lot of problems.

Unfortunately I also have super high exceptions for myself, and if I don't meet them and if someone
I care about gets hurt then that's literally hell on earth for me.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I was just about to ask whether you were on anti depressants when you said they'd upped your dose. I think this is a common effect of them- they seem to flatten out emotions.

Honestly, I just hate the idea of it all. I think they probably do help people to get through living the kinds of lives we live but I hate it that it seems like the only way people can function is taking them. I'm certain I would need to go back on them if I went back into a job I hated. At my friend's workplace- a third of them are on them! It just seems messed up to me because I guess I think they do make us more compliant in living lives we basically don't want to live.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
We are also under mass mind control all have a seahorse posture weeping inside over the edge of our bed staring into the abyss of the digital pit they leave a worthless trail for us to follow in false hopes.

81-Z@P@D

81-Z@P@D

We're forced into life to settle a perpetual debt
Apr 3, 2023

Watch those funny chainsawman fan voice actor videos on youtube i'm sure you'll get a laugh or two out of them.