jinxxx

jinxxx

Jul 7, 2023
i feel like im not depressed enough if that makes sense.
i dont cut myself deep enough for me to consider it actual self harm. i know it doesn't really make too much sense but i just feel like if i cut myself deeper it would feel better, but for some reason i can't bring myself to do it. i dont really have access to super sharp things so i used to use crafting scissors and now i use a blade from a pencil sharpener. idk if i should look for something sharper or use more force?? im a little zonked while writing this so this might not make sense but i just needed to get this out somewhere ig.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: coldbesideuu, Sannti, saddestbunny and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
What kind of arseholes going to say yes? I wouldn't do it at all

ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Magical Princess of Death
Aug 31, 2022
If you're suffering enough to self-harm in any way you're already going through so much regardless of how severe.

Suffering and depression are not contests where you need to prove to anyone you're going through something awful "enough."

There are always gonna be people who self-harm less severely and more severely than you no matter how far you go, maybe just take a deep breath, stop comparing yourself to others, and just experience things on your own terms. Suffering isn't really something you can measure.

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
What? You told you that your a pussy for self harming, let alone not cutting deep enough. Tf your not a pussy if you don't cut deep

Cherry_BB

Cherry_BB

I need someone to push me over the edge
Jul 6, 2023
I know what it's like to not feel like you're not ill enough to "count". I haven't cut too deep either and It feels wrong knowing other people have it worse. In the end, your struggles are valid no matter how you express them.

Last edited:
BBY

BBY

Done for.
Feb 18, 2023
I felt the same way, however any form of self harm counts imo. The depth doesn't determine the worth of your pain.
Also, cutting deep is disgusting imo- it gives me a sense of body horror whenever it happens so -1/10 would not recommend.

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Not cutting deep doesn't matter. It's a preference. I tend to cut deep because I drink when I do it so I don't feel it as much. Cutting deep leads to complications and I've gotten multiple infections from it.

Cope how you want to cope not how others want.

synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
you're not a pussy at all. i mean i just scratched myself until i bled so it looked like an accident.

you are not a pussy at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Notbadenough
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Cutting yourself deeper for what? That will just create even more wounds that will be hard to hide and heal. Most people would never dare not even to superficially hurt themselves at all. I also do it and i got say us that do it are very courageous .

Reactions: Red Desert
drearybreadd

drearybreadd

nomnomnomnom
Jul 16, 2023
i feel like im not depressed enough if that makes sense.
i dont cut myself deep enough for me to consider it actual self harm. i know it doesn't really make too much sense but i just feel like if i cut myself deeper it would feel better, but for some reason i can't bring myself to do it. i dont really have access to super sharp things so i used to use crafting scissors and now i use a blade from a pencil sharpener. idk if i should look for something sharper or use more force?? im a little zonked while writing this so this might not make sense but i just needed to get this out somewhere ig.
not cutting deeper doesn't make you less depressed. Many depressed individuals don't participate in self harm at all so there's no specific classification. There's lots of reasons too, like deeper doesn't necessarily mean more painful, but it's just a really big hassle if you cut deep. You might make a mess or have to get stitches, and it's a lot more noticeable. Honestly shallow is better because one day you might recover and not want scars from deep cuts. You don't want the first thing people notice about you to be your scars. Obviously not cutting at all is the best option because there's better ways to cope with depression or punish yourself or whatever you're doing that won't be noticeable or leave permanent marks. Most people cut for the pain aspect of it which is just as present with shallow cuts.

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
I know between self-harmers we tend to compare each other cuts or scars, but that's just toxic behavior caused by our illness, like people with eating disorders, it's a toxic competition.
my point is, if you are hurting yourself, in whatever way, you are self harmining. it doesn't even have to be cuts. burns, punches, even pinching or banging your head to the wall or ripping
your hair out in a conscious way to harm yourself.
and apart from this topic, never think you are a pussy just because you don't know how to cope with depression