Komm_Süsser_Tod

Komm_Süsser_Tod

Dec 12, 2021
I tend to harbor negative feelings towards extroverts. Does anyone else?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, demuic and 5 others
BrokenHopes

BrokenHopes

What doesn't kill you, f*cks you up.
Nov 27, 2019
I don't think you are a bad person because of that. We feel what we feel. Sometimes extrovert people make me annoyed, sometimes they scare me a bit and sometimes I wish they could just shut their mouth for a second or sit down for just a moment.

Reactions: rationaltake, porhtna and miserableforever
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I mean they're people who are aggressive assholes towards other people for a lot worse/dumb reasons. So no this doesn't make you a bad person. I've grown to despise people that donate their stuff to the thrift shop I work at, even though a decent majority of them have their heart in the right place.

• Yay!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
I don't think you are a bad person because of that. We feel what we feel. Sometimes extrovert people make me annoyed, sometimes they scare me a bit and sometimes I wish they could just shut their mouth for a second or sit down for just a moment.
I relate to every word. I don't hate them or even dislike them personally, and most of them are good people. I just don't want them to come near me lol.

Reactions: rationaltake and BrokenHopes
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Not at all. Now I am a huge motormouth...i.e., extrovert and I have found through life that everyone is special and unique in their own way, never good or bad, just themselves.

It takes everyone to make this world exist and also if everyone was the same, boy oh boy would it be boring!!!

Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Celerity and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I understand what you mean. Some extroverts are nice, but I hate how the world favors them and I hate how they can't understand introverts. I have one extrovert friend (who of course claims to be introvert for some reason even though she has a million friends and she's always visiting someone or calling someone or going to events and meetings etc. I swear she'd go crazy if she had to spend one day alone) and she is always telling me to go talk to people and join hobbies etc.

I guess I like the ones who are both the most. Not a pure extrovert, nor a pure introvert, but something in between.

Like I am extroverted or introverted depending on who I am with. If all the people around you are amazing and great, then of course you want to spend time with them. But if people around you are evil and mean and non-understanding, then of course you'd rather be alone.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and whywere
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am very introverted. I find overly loud people to be annoying. I do not understand extroverts as I cannot stand people and I need my own space from others. I do not think there is anything wrong with having those negative feelings.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Are you sure it's about their extroversion?

I thought I felt this way about extroverts until I figured out that I was specifically repulsed by how arrogant, domineering, and closed-minded many extroverts can be. With first impressions, I find it can be difficult to get a good read on someone. Having met more people who are genuinely good-hearted "people people", I am getting better at quickly parsing out those undesirable traits

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Yes. Yes and no.

If you're "outgoing" people just want more and more and more attention.

If you're "quiet" people want to invade on you.

If they get you talking, they want to keep you talking or interrupt you.

They like hurting you.

They are invasive. They are cruel.

I try to be friendly, work hard, study hard. Fight back.

It's pointless. I just get ignored, raped, fucked with, stolen from, lied to, lied about, pushed back to a gutter, told to "do something" about it. Nobody likes my idea of grabbing a razor blade and cutting some bitches ugly fucking neck. So I guess we just lie all we want, steal, rape, ignore, annoy, pretend like it just gets "so much better" every single day.

Reactions: Komm_Süsser_Tod
ENDOFTIME

ENDOFTIME

Nov 3, 2021
There are at least two reasons this can happen. 1: extrovert's behavior is viewed as fake/setup and triggers amygdala of receiver's brain, which is designed to detect threats and keep it's human alive; 2: extrovert's behavior is just simply foreign to the receiver because it's not how they would (or like to) act . Similar example of this reaction is when people give a person a compliment and it feels all wrong to the receiver and this is illustrated in their return response that dismisses or downplays the compliment because it does not match how they feel about themselves internally (a.k.a. I am shit and therefore cannot receive nor deserve this compliment). <<- Crappy run-on sentences but .... meh ......