cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I'm 63. I no longer atach shame to suicide. However I am very scared of it and I hate what it will do to my family.

So as I'm aging I'm sometimes forgetting things. Have I got Alzheimer's?. For most people such a thought would be abhorrent. Not for me. From diagnosis to death it takes 10 to 12 years. From diagnosis to death mental illness takes a lifetime

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I think it's normal to become more forgetful once you reach a certain age and it's not a certain indicator that you have alzheimers.
Unless you are in the very early stages, I think you need to have a brain resonance to be sure of it.

I have a couple of relatives with alzheimers. They literally forget what you told you 15 minutes earlier.

Reactions: cosifantutti
cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I think it's normal to become more forgetful once you reach a certain age and it's not a certain indicator that you have alzheimers.
Unless you are in the very early stages, I think you need to have a brain resonance to be sure of it.

I have a couple of relatives with alzheimers. They literally forget what you told you 15 minutes earlier.
Yes I think you're probably right.