Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I mentioned this in chat and it was suggested that it might be of use in this section of the forum.
In British psych wards, it's become standard practice to offer promethazine in place of benzodiazepines. It has a very high. LD50 in rats is 170mg/kg. If you consider 65kg to be an average weight, it would require nearly 640g to present a threat to life. (LD50 is the amount required to kill 50% of the subjects).
Safe to say that it's considerably safer than benzodiazepines and as far as is known, it's not addictive.
It's not a new medicine by any means. My mum used to give it to us kids in the 1970s (sold under the brand name "Phenergan") for the treatment of motion sickness or if she just wanted a break from us little monsters. That was totally ok in those days and it did us no harm. It is a younger cousin of "Thorazine" (Largactyl), sometimes known as the "chemical kosh".
So I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered how effective it was. Instead of dishing out Zopiclone (which I believe to be one of the most dangerous drugs on the market.. although not for much longer. A number of murder cases have involved an "Ambien defence".), patients were given 50mg for the hypnotic effect. I was out like a light and slept without waking every 20 minutes as I normally would on their rock hard beds that you fall out of, if you make the mistake of turning over to alleviate the horrible back pain. Much more effective than the nasty Z drugs or any benzodiazepine.
When I had a random spell of tachycardia, they gave me 25mg of the stuff. It kicks in quickly and seemed to have the desired effect.
Despite being non addictive, like any and every medicine in existence, a tolerance will develop soon enough. That's just the way our body and brain works. So it's probably not a great idea to be taking them ever day. I do take up to 100mg but I make sure I take them in bed (having missed the target a few times and fallen on the floor). I don't take them if I need to be up in the morning, because it's a heavy sleep and I couldn't be certain that the alarm would rouse me.
I found a few other people who had been given them, were equally complimentary about their efficacy. What's more, there was none of the reticence on the part of the prescribing practicioner, as is the case with benzodiazepines. Their relative safety, means even the most reckless among us can be issued with a good amount. As safe as they might be, allowing yourself to develop a hefty tolerance is inadvisable. Personally, I use them from time to time, as I do benzodiazepines.
Relying on pills to sleep is a mistake. There are lots of ways to improve your sleep habits. They aren't a quick fix like taking pills, but with a little effort, it's perfectly possible to learn to sleep without medication. Having them as needed now and then, is fine.
I found I was able to acquire promethazine tablets (25mg) from an online pharmacy without a prescription. That's a clearnet site, not any shady dark net business. Be sure that it's just promethazine. I know it's a been combined with codeine, in which format is added to sugary carbonated drinks, known as "drank" or "lean". Obviously, codeine is very addictive and also a CNS suppressant. It should be a lot harder to acquire this preparation though.
If you're interested in working towards a healthier, more natural sleep pattern, check out my short take on why and how this is worth trying...

• Informative
Reactions: SmollMushroom
cursedcure

cursedcure

palliative care
Oct 8, 2023
yeah, i tried zopiclone unfotunately not ambien, both widely available on markets. both you could also go to your doctor and say that you need it for a long plane trip, or to help with jetlag when you get wherever you tell them. They will be pretty hypnotic and will help fall asleep and relax. (i'm doing this to obtain metoclopramide- told them i get really sick on planes).

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Nurse told me about it because I'm already on sedatives and have a history of addiction it's not easy for me to get heavy scripts. Whether it was placebo or what but I did get about 8 hours sleep the night after the evening I took it I'm still on benzos so haven't had any more, you can't put a price on n3eded sleep or even if you just need the sedation for anxiety , but unless buying bulk they seem expensive like parties are taking advantage like most else in this lousy world.

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I do take up to 100mg but I make sure I take them in bed (having missed the target a few times and fallen on the floor).
Thanks for sharing, damn that's really interesting! Are they that strong??
I'm definitely going to try them out! Especially if you need no prescription!
It they knock you down so fast, they could even be taken right before a glass of SN for example. (Just saying...)

C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
It's the same as getting prescribed an antipsychotic I'm no chemist but I think they cause drowsiness by blocking istamine

Maybe I could look into it to avoid the extrapiramidal side effects that comes with using antipsychotics

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Yeah, they are antihistamines. But they're widely used post surgically, as an anti emetic.
As I say, it was discovered in the process that bought us Thorazine (Largactyl).
Even if it allows for longer breaks between the usage of benzodiazepines and so decreasing the rate at which tolerance is acquired, it's a bonus, right?
Give it a try and let us know what you thought of it.