L

Lostinspace

Nov 12, 2022
Are others also going to be spending Christmas and NYE alone? I'm always alone, no friends, barely any family and they live far, and while it's always painful, it feels so much worse when you see others doing their holiday shopping, planing festive meals and just being all around excited. I'll be eating what I always eat (don't have any money for something special), watch TV, maybe go for a walk, read, just like any other day… Seeing the lights on in everyone's houses, people coming together, I want to cry just thinking about it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JamesUK, Meaninglessness, Shivali and 11 others
CandyCane

CandyCane

Student
Mar 11, 2022
In a way. I'm chronically ill so I've spent 9 christmases alone in my bed. My family was in the other room, though. And people texted me, so that was nice. Maybe you could host a christmas movie night with others who are alone on Hyperbeam or something? Just an idea..

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: JamesUK, yyytry, LittleJem and 6 others
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
Well I don't celebrate Christmas but you can go to any church right, there'll always event and open to everyone.
As for NYE, this year I'll be alone but then years before with my family, I just spent it alone. But then again, there'll always event in public spaces, but err it's not family but i think even strangers will be nice and I actually don't know.. Just an idea though..

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and Lostinspace
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, third Christmas alone and hopefully my last. I can't do another year just to get to a similar reality.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Un-, Endex and Lostinspace
L

Lostinspace

Nov 12, 2022
Thank you so much for your replies and suggestions everyone, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Illidan77, Endex and Lost Magic
Outandproud

Outandproud

Don’t send pm without asking first
Oct 17, 2021
Are others also going to be spending Christmas and NYE alone?
Yes. Probably going to be here, so maybe i see you then. Its ok to be alone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Lostinspace and deathbylife
flagmaster

flagmaster

Oct 19, 2020
Are others also going to be spending Christmas and NYE alone? I'm always alone, no friends, barely any family and they live far, and while it's always painful, it feels so much worse when you see others doing their holiday shopping, planing festive meals and just being all around excited. I'll be eating what I always eat (don't have any money for something special), watch TV, maybe go for a walk, read, just like any other day… Seeing the lights on in everyone's houses, people coming together, I want to cry just thinking about it
I'll be around people, but I'll still feel alone. I probably sound really ungrateful. It's not that I don't appreciate it as I know there are so many who just don't have anybody.
I work for a charity that supports the elderly and they released a figure which stated 1.2 million people are going to be alone at Christmas in the UK. That's a lot of people, and it's sad to think a lot of that loneliness is involuntary.
In my situation, my headspace is so bad. I feel like I have to pretend and be someone I'm not around my own family. Not being able to connect with them is destroying. I feel safer to be alone so that is what I'm choosing, as much as possible. Just sharing a different perspective.

Sending love

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, LittleJem and Lostinspace
deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022
Yes. Probably going to be here, so maybe i see you then. Its ok to be alone.
It's okay and also the worst thing on earth

• Love
Reactions: Outandproud and Lostinspace
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Hugs for you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and Lostinspace
aiko333

aiko333

Nov 5, 2022
Though he knows it's important to me my boyfriend, who makes his own schedule, scheduled himself to work a shift opposite mine today and will be gone all day Christmas day, but not before we spend the few hours he's not working with his family who hates me. I almost wish I were alone by choice, like I was every other Christmas. This feels worse somehow.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and LittleJem
Y

yyytry

:(
Sep 8, 2022
I'm also alone. I have my dog with me.

Wish I had company or people to talk to.
Netflix's lineup wasn't too hot…accidentally watched a vampire movie earlier. Kind of interesting? Lol

I've gone through many holidays like this. I hope you are staying warm and aren't dealing with the blizzard.

• Love
Reactions: Endex and Outandproud
freeziepop98

freeziepop98

Dec 15, 2021
i feel that. let's try to remember we're not completely alone because we have each other

• Love
Reactions: yyytry, Outandproud and Endex
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I'm also alone, but that's fine with me, I chose it. Social celebrations are not for everyone.
//
També estic sol, però ja m'està bé, ho he triat jo. Les cel·lebracions socials no són pas per tothom.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Outandproud and 710
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
not physically
but i dont much feel like im a part of my family anyway
dont feel like i have anyone else, either
just how things go for me

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I usually spend both celebrations alone. (Partly from choice if I'm honest.) I hope you got through the Christmas bit ok. A few more days and we can forget about it for another year. 😉

Reactions: 710 and rationaltake
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I think sometimes a task/job/dedication that you enjoy can be interesting against the void, there are people who work all xmas and are entertained by the activities and the mates. I guess this year i have something to celebrate: probably be the last Christmas.