apple2myeye!

apple2myeye!

it/its
Jun 3, 2022
i don't even know how it happened, i was watching a youtube video one second and coughing my lungs out the next. i couldn't get any air in my body for a solid 20-30 seconds. i've choked on my own spit before, but usually only for a few seconds. never to the extent of last night. last night i legit almost puked all over myself cuz of how hard i was coughing. is this a sign of anything? or is this a common occurrence?

it really is scary how chintzy and flawed the human body is.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest, Efilismislife, lofticries and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I've done that before too and it sucks. It also happened to me once with popcorn when I was watching a funny movie. It felt like I was going to die from that one!

Reactions: waitingforrest
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Can be a dry throat, or from laying back (I get this from time to time). Like if the AC or heat is going and the air is dryer than normal, your throat can feel tight and make you choke a bit. Also if you're reclining a lot you can get some reflux in your throat/esophagus which can do it too.

Get a humidifier, sit up and drink more water. If that doesn't apply to you, I don't know and you might be dying. Jk.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Can be a dry throat, or from laying back (I get this from time to time). Like if the AC or heat is going and the air is dryer than normal, your throat can feel tight and make you choke a bit. Also if you're reclining a lot you can get some reflux in your throat/esophagus which can do it too.

Get a humidifier, sit up and drink more water. If that doesn't apply to you, I don't know and you might be dying. Jk.
Ugh, when my acid reflux acts up it literally feels like a marble is stuck in my throat. There have also been times where I couldn't swallow at all and felt like my throat was about to close. Had to cut out a lot of things in my diet to feel even a bit normal.

It could be a sign of reflux because when mine started I had episodes of choking.

However this not because something is in your throat but rather acid from your stomach coming up.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, waitingforrest, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person