DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I yearned to listen to "Our Fight Song". I listened to it for a bit, and then I just stopped.

I am allergic to positivity, or anything that'll bring up uncomfortable feelings.

I am afraid of getting better because it requires work

I dont want to work so therefore, I just hurt myself

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, Deleted member 4993, NoneMoreNegative and 3 others
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I kind of get this too.
Positivity makes me really angry and I'll think of literally any argument against it, just so I can make myself feel worse

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Stick
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I kind of get this too.
Positivity makes me really angry and I'll think of literally any argument against it, just so I can make myself feel worse
I do this too. its honestly unhealthy but...

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and elfgyoza
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I kind of get this too.

I am normally the positivity queen. I still play that on the outside. I am not even dying on the inside anymore, I am just looking for the answers to get out of here in 3 months.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I have come to loathe positivity as well. I really want to troll all those stupid facebook posts with "positive thinking" memes, and tell them to shove it up their a**es. I haven't yet but I'm soooooo tempted.

To heck with fighting for justice and equality, let's just share positive memes!!!!! Arrrrggghhh.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sprite_Geist, Blueman and 1 other person
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I have come to loathe positivity as well. I really want to troll all those stupid facebook posts with "positive thinking" memes, and tell them to shove it up their a**es. I haven't yet but I'm soooooo tempted.

To heck with fighting for justice and equality, let's just share positive memes!!!!! Arrrrggghhh.

I was the positive poster. I deleted everything off my facebook a week ago.

• Hugs
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
For me I'm afraid of doing work and having it ruined, or I'm afraid of trying to communicate because of the isolation-insanity feedback loop... Sorry that's happening :heart:

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
like there is a potential to change but I'd rather stay where I am comfortable

even if it takes me down the dangerous path of death, id rather do that tbh

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, draw a circle, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I get the same way. It just feels brainwashing to hear phrases or songs that act like pain isn't real, that my pain isn't real.
That said, I hope you feel better. I feel you.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, overcomingfear and (deleted member)
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I know how you feel find positive comments so awkward so I'm like bouncing between saying thx or naw its not that good or something dum like that hate it

Reactions: Stick and Deleted member 4993
Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
I'm on the verge of losing long term friends due to them being ridiculously positive about my job prospects.
I'm 55, not worked since last year, no particularly relevant skills unemployment skyrocketing etc, getting constant rejections. Yet I still get 'you'll be fine' 'it'll all work out' 'you'll get something when coronavirus over'
I can't see any positives in anything now let alone the job market

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: fat feet, Stick, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I'm on the verge of losing long term friends due to them being ridiculously positive about my job prospects.
I'm 55, not worked since last year, no particularly relevant skills unemployment skyrocketing etc, getting constant rejections. Yet I still get 'you'll be fine' 'it'll all work out' 'you'll get something when coronavirus over'

disability or welfare?

• Hugs
Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020

disability or welfare?
I'm on welfare which helps but the positivity ugh

• Hugs
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Feel you, feeling happy or having positive feelings feels uncomfortable to me too. Not that it happens too often but i don't even wanna listen to happy songs. Its like my body doesn't even want to be happy but it's also depressed

Reactions: Stick, Deleted member 4993 and overcomingfear
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
i've grown immune towards positivity. me and few of my friends think it's bullshit. we hate "motivators" that our school sometimes invited back in high school. one of my college friend told me it's because i don't know how it feels to be saved by those motivational people. i guess i was being a little insensitive. also in another sense, i got weird when my friends treat me nicely in a genuine way. like i can handle being just normal and i'll get sad or mad if they did something wrong but when they're being nice it makes me emotional

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, Deleted member 4993 and overcomingfear
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
Take small steps to feel better, do what u like. As u say there's potential so it's not hopeless. I cling on to negative feels too because it's easier, don't wanna get dissapointed again. Hating urself will only make u feel worse. Enjoy what u can

• Hugs