Theresa Riot

Theresa Riot

Apr 5, 2020
I've recently become very allergic to Cymbalta. Switched to Celexa instead, and had a terrible reaction to the very first dose. Same with Wellbutrin. Now I'm afraid to try anything else. I'm talking BAD reactions. Hives, throat swelling, lungs closing up, chest pain, the whole nine yards. Anyone else ever experienced this? What did you end up doing?

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I had serious side effects from aripiprasole. Developed severe akathisia and dystonia around a week after I started. That was a pure hell. Unfortunately, if you experience adverse effects, no one is responsible. There are plenty of cases when people experienced weird side effects so switching to something else must be carefully monitored by you and your therapist. That's a gamble to be honest.

Theresa Riot

Theresa Riot

Apr 5, 2020
Oh yeah I forgot I also had a terrible reaction to that one too. I should probably have gone to the hospital but honestly I was hoping it would kill me. It didn't.

The reaction itself was super weird. The best way I can think to describe it was like having rigor mortis without being dead. I got so stiff I literally could not move at all. My temperature spiked (I don't know how high, but I sweated through my nightgown and blankets) and my thinking was extremely hazy.