J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
What do you think.. If you get creative, get confident that you can change something, tried something new, etc you are called manic.
But if you don't do all these you are a sheep..
I wonder if all the successful people did have hypomania and found a way to success during that period.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
What do you think.. If you get creative, get confident that you can change something, tried something new, etc you are called manic.
But if you don't do all these you are a sheep..
You are right. No matter how you behave there will always be someone out there who doesn't like you way you are. We all have our own different perspectives of others and how we think the world should be, it's impossible to please everyone at once. Ticking the boxes in 1 persons eyes might cross them all out in anothers...

For example: The people who call you manic for trying to make a change are likely collectivists; they believe in conformity and "group think", so naturally standing out is seen as a threat to their conformity and why they label you as being mentally ill, because anything or anyone that challenges social conventions is seen as wrong. Like wise those that call you a sheep are probably individualists; they put a strong emphasis on "going your own way doing your own thing" - being your own self. They see your refusal to stand out as trying to fit in, and that goes against their beliefs.

I wonder if all the successful people did have hypomania and found a way to success during that period.
I kind of agree with this. Yes there are successful people who have mental health issues, but there also a lot of people out there who have these same problems and are not successful. There's many factors which can determine if someone "makes it" in this world. Sure hypomania might have helped said successful people but, like you said, it was in a specific period of their lives so it's more of a case of them being in the right place, at the right time. If they weren't there at a good time it wouldn't matter either way if they were bipolar or not. I hope I've understood you correctly?

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Jojo81
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Very true... I think hypomania at the right place and at the right time and making it executed which is more important are called successful.. The rest are the ones who rode the manic phase with very negative results

Reactions: Apathy's Girl, insurancepolicy and Sprite_Geist
I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
Very true... I think hypomania at the right place and at the right time and making it executed which is more important are called successful.. The rest are the ones who rode the manic phase with very negative results

That's what happened to me unfortunately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jojo81
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
I'm bipolar, and used to do meth.

It made me straight manic. I've been manic for weeks straight.

It made me creative as fuck. I did the weirdest, most creative shit. I have some of the creative things I did saved. One of the things I became obsessed with is "datamoshing". It takes a video and makes it look "glitchy". Here's a video I glitched,

View attachment black hole.webm

Reactions: insurancepolicy, Deleted member 14573 and Jojo81
I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
I'm bipolar, and used to do meth.

It made me straight manic. I've been manic for weeks straight.

It made me creative as fuck. I did the weirdest, most creative shit. I have some of the creative things I did saved. One of the things I became obsessed with is "datamoshing". It takes a video and makes it look "glitchy". Here's a video I glitched,

View attachment 42779

Been there too. Can't see the video though.

Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
Most, if not all, successful people derive their personalities from those types described by the Dark Triad.

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I have bipolar disorder, too. I've been creative during hypomanic episodes but I've also spent thousands of dollars on things I didn't need from Amazon. During a manic phase I dropped out of college. While in hypomania it feels great and results can be positive or negative. I usually have a prolonged deep depression after hypomania so for me it's a curse.