FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just so disgusting and tragic to me how this isn't the reality, the right to die is a human right and all humans deserve to have the option to prevent all suffering in this existence they were burdened with.

Existence is so harmful, it's undeniable that there is unlimited potential for torture in this existence so the option to instantly and permanently leave this world in peace should be always there, the right to die is compassionate as allowing this will mean people can find freedom from suffering and safety from all future harms.
It's so repulsive how people are trapped in this hellish world with no peaceful way to leave despite the fact that nobody is obligated to continue existing here.

The way that suicide is viewed in this world disgusts me, people should undeniably be able to leave when they want to no matter who they are and the decision to die should never need to be justified.

It's a personal decision when to leave, suicide should never be gatekeeped and I despise how humans wish to restrict the right to die to those who meet a certain criteria as everyone has the right to stop suffering.
Any attempts to gatekeep suicide and deny people a right to die only ever leads to unnecessary harm.

Humans don't deserve to be a prisoner to this futile and dreadful existence, denying people a right to die will always be inhumane and I will always hate how we cannot just easily and peacefully leave this existence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000, Peaceful Departure, Daxter_87 and 10 others
T

tubs35

Aug 24, 2023
I agree with you, especially when it feels challenging to do regular day to day tasks. It can feel like you're suffering more day after day vs just being done with it all together.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87 and conejo triste
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I agree with you! Yesterday I saw an ad that said something like- "be annoying, be a burden, do anything you can to prevent suicide." It enraged me so much. I wish we had a built in option in our bodies somewhere that would just instantly end us (like an off switch).

Reactions: Yavannah, Daxter_87, conejo triste and 1 other person
conejo triste

conejo triste

Researching
Aug 12, 2023
It's truly sad this is the reality we live in. People only focus on the positive of life without realizing this perspective isn't everyone's reality. Humans are supposed to be empathetic creatures and yet, choose to prolong others suffering. Unfortunately many of us have been born with the short end of the stick however we are just supposed to endure and hope that one day things will get better. It's disturbing how people stop others from getting the peace they need.

Reactions: Daxter_87 and Death_or_Coffee
Death_or_Coffee

Death_or_Coffee

Far better rest I go to than I have ever known.
Aug 24, 2023
I totally agree. It feels like a "final taboo", where many other things that used to be considered taboo or socially incorrect are becoming slowly more normalized, but this issue continues to be taboo to the point of not being able to have a rational conversation about it with the majority of people. People are just emotional and have such an ingrained view of life as being "precious", or something along those lines, that opening a dialogue just doesn't currently seem possible.

I thought of a book/movie concept once where when people turn 18/21 they immediately get access to peaceful methods for CTB. They've had their developmental years to see what life is like and whether or not they'd like to continue with it. There's no judgement for choosing CTB in this case because it's just a part of the society. Wonder in this society how many people would stick around and why.

If media outlets were allowed to come out with stories like this without getting the intense backlash they undoubtedly would, that might open the conversation up more in our society. But my assumption is that content like this would get shut down quick and anyone involved in the project would get cancelled. I have to believe that sometime in the future we'll conquer this taboo too though.

Reactions: Daxter_87 and conejo triste
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I agree, if one doesn't have the right to die, then they are a slave. They have no real rights at all.

Reactions: Daxter_87, conejo triste and Death_or_Coffee
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
it's such a shame that humans beings do not understand this concept. I keep saying this but I'm born into a family where this is not a concept in their minds. They don't understand the concept of suicide. It makes no sense to them. It doesn't exist to them.

I'm the only one who has existential crisis. Everyday feels like a superhero battle in my mind. I want to leave. I want to escape but I'm not allowed to. Under no circumstances am I allowed to kill myself. Then the government and police don't make it easier. They lock up anyone who attempts into a psych ward. They think they're doing the right thing by traumatizing the person and throwing them into these "institutions" where all kinds of horrible things happen to them.

Reactions: Daxter_87
P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
I find it disturbing how governments on a universal scale are trying to make suicide as challenging to accomplish as possible.
Also, if people are really struggling physically, they are eligible for medically assisted in Canada. However, no matter how much you're struggling mentally, you aren't eligible. They'll lock you up in an institution, pump you full of meds, and pretend it's a humane solution.

T

tubs35

Aug 24, 2023
I find it disturbing how governments on a universal scale are trying to make suicide as challenging to accomplish as possible.
Also, if people are really struggling physically, they are eligible for medically assisted in Canada. However, no matter how much you're struggling mentally, you aren't eligible. They'll lock you up in an institution, pump you full of meds, and pretend it's a humane solution.
That's the worst part of all of this. You try and get help, and the help you get is the removal of basic freedoms and a boatload of medications to make your mind not function as if that's going to help.

When my issues started mounting and I reached out for help with anxiety and panic attacks the first thing the doctors wanted to do was start with anti depressants. I stopped that right there, I don't want a bunch of pills to "help" me get through the day, I'm not actually getting better at that point I'm just getting addicted to more drugs I didn't ask for in the first place that instead of helping me work my issues out just mask them if I keep taking the pills. Then what happens when those pills stop working, more pills and more pills. It's just an endless medication cycle that doesn't help me solve my actual problems from the start.