BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Interesting. Didn't Huxley write Brave New World? People love to talk about books like Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Animal Farm…yet seem to neglect that one. I read Brave New World in college and was pretty unnerved because I could see a lot of those themes today. Ugh

• Love
Reactions: thankyouforthis, Hurt, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
Those novels, 1984 and Brave New World made me feel more suicidal after I finished them. It sucks so much how we are trapped in this system. And it makes me see that life is more pointless than I actually think it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: thankyouforthis
thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022
Interesting. Didn't Huxley write Brave New World? People love to talk about books like Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Animal Farm…yet seem to neglect that one. I read Brave New World in college and was pretty unnerved because I could see a lot of those themes today. Ugh
I actually thought BNW was a more accurate depiction of what might happen here in the US than 1984. The most "US-y" part of 1984 was the propaganda machine-- the Ministry of Information. But the US is more about the slow fascist creep-- distracting us with misinformation, drugs, TV, culture wars, etc.-- than the obvious, brutal crushing of 1984. That brand of obvious oppressive violence is still, by and large, limited to the prison system.

Reactions: Hurt and Alex6216