S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I'm in my late 30's and am tired of the isolation that comes with aging. It gets hard after you leave your teens, but by 25 people really start disappearing. At my age you're expected to be successful: house, car, family, friends, career. I rent a small flat in a dead end town and work customer service. This means you're an undesirable.

Years without meaningful human contact leads to a pattern of breakdowns. Now every 18 months I have a serious breakdown from isolation.

I don't understand what my next move should be. There's nowhere to meet people and nowhere to go do I just wander around the streets. It's like being effectively retired from society. Every day I miss out on life. It's like prison for no reason.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TerminalConscience, Disappointered, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 7 others
Alwaysdreaming

Alwaysdreaming

Lost and alone
Jul 6, 2021
I completely feel you one 100%. I am in my early 30s and shit job. All my friends either moved away or got hooked on hard substances to where I had no choice but distance my self from them. I have trauma related issues so that makes meeting people even more difficult. The isolation can really take its toll on you. Try to hang in there if you can. I mean that's all we can really do in this life is try our best.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, LADY007 and Mixo
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I completely feel you one 100%. I am in my early 30s and shit job. All my friends either moved away or got hooked on hard substances to where I had no choice but distance my self from them. I have trauma related issues so that makes meeting people even more difficult. The isolation can really take its toll on you. Try to hang in there if you can. I mean that's all we can really do in this life is try our best.
Yeah some of my old family got into hard drugs. If they hadn't I would have stayed in my old town longer. Didn't know many people but it would have been better. Instead it prompted me to GTFO out the entire area.

Hanging in there has stopped making sense. No self-respecting person would put up with this dead end life for so long. Where are the opportunities? Even before the pandemic it was becoming crazy hard to get work. Between 2019-2021 I made ~two thousand job applications just to get a customer service job. And without a real job who takes you seriously? What is your attitude supposed to be when you're screwed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alwaysdreaming and Disappointered
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
HI! I am so sorry and sad for you. Quickly, I am 65, reference point for this post only, and I was laid off back on the last of June 2020 and I also have sent out thousands of job apps with all a huge "no thanks". Having a lot of health issues, I do not go out much because of covid and I have no family nor friends.

Now with that said, you are a kindhearted person with so much to give that I send you lots of hugs, and the knowledge that you are a fantastic person that I care about deeply.

Have a good upcoming weekend and stay safe. (Away from covid).

Walter

Reactions: Disappointered