Status
Not open for further replies.
Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
As a person born into shitty borderline poverty and who's been suicidal since 13 years old. It doesn't always get better. And some people are truly destined to live long, grueling lives.

Life in general is meaningless, and there isn't anything to lose by simply not existing in the first place. Even if your life could've improved, does it really matter if the overall destination will be death regardless? Does it really matter if it comes sooner?

Telling minors they shouldn't be able to ctb and shouldn't be here is gaslighting and is pro life. You have no idea what their lives could be like at home. I think anyone should be entitled to a free and easy out regardless of age. No one should be forced to be exist whatsoever, it's cruel.

Life is a never ending fight, a race to the top. Everyone's always in competition with each other because that is just our very nature. Only way to truly win at life is to be lucky enough to be born into a good life, or just by not participating at all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ftm68_99, ijustwishtodie, Trakehner and 7 others
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
If this were an all ages platform I'm almost certain that this would get the site taken down. That would attract far too much attention. Besides children have accessed this site before and it's caused problems. There are youtube videos on this exact subject.

In any case I don't believe in pushing someone down a particular course of action. I believe freedom of information so people can exit cleanly and peacefully if they so choose. If a minor has the conviction they will find that information and they will act on it, regardless of safeguards or people saying "don't do it."

I've also been suicidal from a young age. I had loose ideation since I was 8 or 9 and I was consistently suicidal since 10. That's half of my life that I've been yearning for death every single day. If I had a reasonable family I might've been able to recover. Most people have better families than I do. So in my eyes, most other people have a shot. Just because I didn't doesn't mean I feel like kids should be here. Once you're an adult I feel like you know and have agency over the most final thing you could ever contemplate.

Keep in mind the perminance of suicide. You can't take it back no matter how hard you might try. This isn't like making the decision to transition or something, there is no coming back from death.

Last edited:
Reactions: emptymiku, DarknessInMe, Celerity and 2 others
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I totally agree with you. I guess it's because of laws if they're not allowed here.

Institutional adultism affect all aspects of youth's existences, especially their end. I want to CtB since I was 15, and there's other people who suffer since they're 14, 13, etc. Their pain matters. Whatever your age, no one should have the right to decide your sufferings are a "phase" or that they can ignore what you're going through.

Reactions: Trakehner
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I disagree with this, and to quite an extreme degree, to be honest. You might be an example of where it didn't get better, but for many teens, depression is the norm as they adapt to society around them. The majority exit this state of depression as they get older and their brain finishes developing, and by majority, I mean so many that those who remain depressed are negligible statistically. Now imagine if you introduced a still-developing, immature brain onto a forum which teaches them how to take an already rash action with relative ease. It'd be disastrous. We encourage people (as in, the adult users of this forum, who do have fully developed brains) to think their decisions over for a reason; so that they can fully come to terms with their decision and identify it as the most rational course of action. That requires a maturity that younger teenagers and younger individuals in general don't have yet, as a result of their brain physically not having as adept and complex an ability to reason as an adult.

The user above mentions adultism as being a negative aspect, but I think that it is very much warranted here. Not only that, but the majority of teenage depression is a phase, even if it isn't for many of this site's active users, and so it's nothing short of reckless to allow teens to be exposed to infohazards like CTB methods.

• Love
Reactions: emptymiku, the_summoning, ADeadBunny and 6 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I disagree with this. Maybe I'm relying to hard on my emotions with this one, haven't exactly considered allowing minors on the site and don't really plan on thinking it over either, but no.

You are right that it doesn't always get better, but it often does as well. Past the age of 18-25 is up to interpretation on how accepted it should be. Personally I feel that those who are in the range should really REALLY consider how they got to this point and how likely they are to be able to solve those problems that may help in recovery. Generally the brain is fully developed by the age of 25, so it's a definite grey area, but with all the pressures society places on people after they hit 18 I feel it would be morally wrong to tell someone what they must do. Imagine being thrown out into the world with minimal preparation and still being treated like a child who can't think for themselves, that's just cruel.

Before the age of 18? Hell no, I don't care what people say, I'm going to report anyone I find that is under that age and you can't persuade me otherwise. I'm still a depressed piece of shit who was equally as awful feeling in high school, but now it's for different reasons. I based my worth on my grades and my teachers and when I got out of school that specific pain went away. There were lasting effects, but the problem causing them was solved and ultimately my life has improved since then. Puberty is a bitch, and being stuck around people who you can't really get away from doesn't help. Everyone should live long enough to be given the opportunity to get the hell out of school and see how they feel about the real world.

Edit: as much as I hate the phrase "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" when it comes to school that is kinda the truth. Minors consider school to be the entirety of their life and base their worth on grades, friends, dating, and more. Statistically speaking, most of us are never going to have these aspects follow us that far into adulthood. I can't tell anyone what to do, but I can't stress enough how much I wish I could tell younger me that it doesn't matter and I have forgotten what caused me all that pain.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nyotei, NeedAnEscape, Myforevercharlie and 3 others
The_screaming_dawn

The_screaming_dawn

Dec 12, 2023
There is a reason that so many things are lawfully restricted until the age of 18. Brain development is not far along enough to have access to those sorts of things in my personal opinion. Teenagers grow up and have hormone issues all the time but depression is mostly just something that teenagers phase out of. Now of course there are exceptions but you ARE talking about the lives of CHILDREN here. Children should be given the chance to grow out of their ideations and depression, those of us who don't well... we have access here on a site where we don't have to feel guilty about pushing our ideations onto children.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Praestat_Mori and Rhizomorph1
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
As a person born into shitty borderline poverty and who's been suicidal since 13 years old. It doesn't always get better. And some people are truly destined to live long, grueling lives.

Life in general is meaningless, and there isn't anything to lose by simply not existing in the first place. Even if your life could've improved, does it really matter if the overall destination will be death regardless? Does it really matter if it comes sooner?

Telling minors they shouldn't be able to ctb and shouldn't be here is gaslighting and is pro life. You have no idea what their lives could be like at home. I think anyone should be entitled to a free and easy out regardless of age. No one should be forced to be exist whatsoever, it's cruel.

Life is a never ending fight, a race to the top. Everyone's always in competition with each other because that is just our very nature. Only way to truly win at life is to be lucky enough to be born into a good life, or just by not participating at all.
Fuck no.

I usually write detailed responses, but in this case I don't feel I need to justify why youth should not have access to this forum.

In fact, the forum really ought to have age authentication.
I disagree with this. Maybe I'm relying to hard on my emotions with this one, haven't exactly considered allowing minors on the site and don't really plan on thinking it over either, but no.

You are right that it doesn't always get better, but it often does as well. Past the age of 18-25 is up to interpretation on how accepted it should be. Personally I feel that those who are in the range should really REALLY consider how they got to this point and how likely they are to be able to solve those problems that may help in recovery. Generally the brain is fully developed by the age of 25, so it's a definite grey area, but with all the pressures society places on people after they hit 18 I feel it would be morally wrong to tell someone what they must do. Imagine being thrown out into the world with minimal preparation and still being treated like a child who can't think for themselves, that's just cruel.

Before the age of 18? Hell no, I don't care what people say, I'm going to report anyone I find that is under that age and you can't persuade me otherwise. I'm still a depressed piece of shit who was equally as awful feeling in high school, but now it's for different reasons. I based my worth on my grades and my teachers and when I got out of school that specific pain went away. There were lasting effects, but the problem causing them was solved and ultimately my life has improved since then. Puberty is a bitch, and being stuck around people who you can't really get away from doesn't help. Everyone should live long enough to be given the opportunity to get the hell out of school and see how they feel about the real world.
☝️

• Love
Reactions: Nyotei, Celerity, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
This is talked about many times before. Children aren't welcome here because there are laws. Have you any idea how much shit a site like this is getting already for " killing children"?

Closing this.

• Love
Reactions: FundamentalAspect, Praestat_Mori, lament. and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.