H

headspin

Apr 8, 2022
What is the general age range on this site? I get the feeling a lot of very young people. Anyone in their 40s? I have battled with depression for the majority of my life, but I feel like I had more fight, more hope, when I was young. With aging, and having been through so many hospitalizations, I don't have any fight left. For the younger ones on here, I empathize with your pain, but I hope you can hang on longer.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wasteofspace22, Élégie, ............. and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not know what the most common age is, but I am 21 and I am very tired of living. I have suffered enough at this point. I hope to never make it to a much older age, the thought of suffering for many more decades is unbearable. I'm sorry that things are so hopeless. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sweet_oblivion, onlyanimalsaregood, Depressed Cat and 2 others
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
I've seen people in their 40's and 50's.

Reactions: Élégie, onlyanimalsaregood, demuic and 3 others
H

headspin

Apr 8, 2022
I do not know what the most common age is, but I am 21 and I am very tired of living. I have suffered enough at this point. I hope to never make it to a much older age, the thought of suffering for many more decades is unbearable. I'm sorry that things are so hopeless. I wish you the best.
I like that you are so active on here, and have been a member for awhile. I feel like you need to be on here for awhile to really be a part of the community. You are one of the very few who has responded to me. I appreciate it. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I am 34. I've definitely seen older on this site

There was a recent thread about people in their thirties: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/anyone-here-in-their-thirties.86560/

Reactions: Foresight, Depressed Cat and headspin
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I like that you are so active on here, and have been a member for awhile. I feel like you need to be on here for awhile to really be a part of the community. You are one of the very few who has responded to me. I appreciate it. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
I said that in my post that I am 21. It feels like I have been alive for too long at this point. Time passes too slowly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat and headspin
H

headspin

Apr 8, 2022
I said that in my post that I am 21. It feels like I have been alive for too long at this point. Time passes too slowly.
sorry I missed that! My brain is far less than functional. Over medicated or the MD with my bipolar and other disorders...who knows at this point. I am so confused. I too feel like I have been here to long, at 46, I am tired of battling with this. I have a son though, and know that CBT is a horrible solution. But I have been estranged from him for a year. I think he will be relieved to not have the overshadowing of a mentally ill mother.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Foresight, Depressed Cat and 2 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
There are people of all ages on this forum, from underage juniors (less than 18) to seniors (more than 60), and everyone in between.

Perhaps the only missing age groups are those over 75 and those under 10, from what I understand. That's certainly not an indicator that there are no suicidal people in those age ranges in the world. There are many.

We have a few, but not many seniors (over 60), from what I've seen. I'm sure we have a lot of teens (under 18) who pretend to be anywhere between 19 & 25 while on this forum, for obvious reasons. This may give the impression that 18-25 is the most common age group on this forum, but one has to take into account the fact that underage teens also form a sizeable part of this group.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, onlyanimalsaregood and elbjr
H

headspin

Apr 8, 2022
There are people of all ages on this forum, from underage juniors (less than 18) to seniors (more than 60), and everyone in between.

Perhaps the only missing age groups are those over 75 and those under 10, from what I understand. That's certainly not an indicator that there are no suicidal people in those age ranges in the world. There are many.

We have a few, but not many seniors (over 60), from what I've seen. I'm sure we have a lot of teens (under 18) who pretend to be anywhere between 19 & 25 while on this forum, for obvious reasons. This may give the impression that 18-25 is the most common age group on this forum, but one has to take into account the fact that underage teens also form a sizeable part of this group.
That frightens me. I don't want to be having conversations with underage teens about this stuff. Too, too young to have given up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, onlyanimalsaregood and Depressed Cat
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
While there are older folks here (like moi), I think it tends more to the younger spectrum. That feels a bit sad, and maybe even avoidable, but there it is. Illness and whatnot doesn't discriminate.

• Hugs
Reactions: treetop.grazer, NSA, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
There are a variety of ages on here.

That frightens me. I don't want to be having conversations with underage teens about this stuff. Too, too young to have given up.

There is no reason to believe that there is a large amount of underage teens here.

Reactions: Crazy4u, Manaaja and headspin
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
What is the general age range on this site? I get the feeling a lot of very young people. Anyone in their 40s? I have battled with depression for the majority of my life, but I feel like I had more fight, more hope, when I was young. With aging, and having been through so many hospitalizations, I don't have any fight left. For the younger ones on here, I empathize with your pain, but I hope you can hang on longer.

I'm not sure what the average age range is, but I'm 34 yeard old :happy:

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I'm 25, turning 26. I'm sorry for your suffering. Having to deal with depression is awful. It takes away our essence as people. I hope that one way or another things will get better.

Reactions: headspin
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I know that two users are in their 60s or 70s, but I think majority is 20-30.

One reason why there are more young than old people might be that old people don't know English or how to use computer. In my country most people over 70 don't know a single word of English and they don't even know what a keyboard is, while most younger adults speak really good English and spend their days on computers, laptops, phones, tablets.

And of course there are less people under 60 than over 60. And to add, suicidal thoughts often come when a person is in their teens or a young adult, so a person born earlier has had lots of time to ctb.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
In my early 50's. There's a few of us older codgers on here.

Health issues are forcing my hand now - I had a pretty good life previously.

Reactions: treetop.grazer
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I'm 19, soon to turn 20. I was on this forum years ago before they restricted it to 18 and up, though.

L

LacunaLacrimalis

And miles to go before I sleep
Apr 12, 2022
Hello, fellow Gen X-er!! I'm 42. It'd be interesting to do a poll on this

T

treetop.grazer

Student
Jan 11, 2022
In my early 50's. There's a few of us older codgers on here.

Health issues are forcing my hand now - I had a pretty good life previously.
Haha "codger", not heard that term in yonks :))

I'm pushing 50 too, when did life stop being fun ffs :(

Reactions: OldDrummer
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I did just turn 197 years old, and this was 193 years too long, now that I look back on it.

• Wow
Reactions: WorthlessTrash
A

Afrod22

Apr 21, 2022
it does feel like a mostly younger crowd here, I'm 52.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I'm 31 so idk. Maybe I am in the middle.