shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I really want to die but the fear of the afterlife/unknown is too strong. I just can't comprehend not existing or experiencing consciousness, I do not want to live at all. I've had some scary experiences on drugs where I tripped out that life wasn't real which made me really detached from reality. I wish I could go through with it but having the control to end my life experience and ending consciousness freaks me the fuck out. How can I accept death and just end it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Ghost2211, Smellanie and 3 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
we must overcome our fear.
after all, death is inevitable, so sooner or later we will all go there anyway

Reactions: shay23, Ghost2211, Deleted member 94 and 1 other person
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
This is one of my dilemmas. I do not want to not exist. Becasue I love too hard or too intensely I have a deep need to spend eternity with those I love peacefully. Like I don't want that at all. I've had really supernatural experiences in my life that I won't go into cuz I'd rather not be judged or attacked, but that's my only saving grace on the issue. Except I think to myself, "what if I'm the exception?". And also total just... Darkness and void scares me too. I don't wanna be alone and lonely in this life just to deal with that in the next for eternity. I just don't wanna be alone and away from people I care about forever personally. But Everytime my mind breaks I go into a trance when I can't think about anything except death and the release of it.

I feel for you Shaybear

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and shay23
S

Snowdrifts1212

Sep 16, 2020
Okay, so, this takes a much longer journey than can be made in a short space of time, but -- getting deep into Buddhist practice can help with this. I'm only at the very beginning of it so I haven't overcome that basic fear either, but I do start to see the pathway to peace with non-existence.

• Aww..
Reactions: shay23 and Ghost2211
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I really want to die but the fear of the afterlife/unknown is too strong. I just can't comprehend not existing or experiencing consciousness, I do not want to live at all. I've had some scary experiences on drugs where I tripped out that life wasn't real which made me really detached from reality. I wish I could go through with it but having the control to end my life experience and ending consciousness freaks me the fuck out. How can I accept death and just end it.
Why fear the inevitable. That's irrational.

Reactions: StuFin, shay23 and yive
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
The last days I think of it all such that nothing really matters. It doesn't matter if you are a millionaire with plenty of chick because you will 100% lose it all when you die. And if you are a loser like me, it won't last forever. It doesn't matter if you fuck up suicide or if you do it successfully. Because nothing matters. We are just ants on a large sphere randomly existing in a random universe. Even if we make it to live 90 years, it's nothing in comparison with the age of universe.

• Love
Reactions: shay23
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
This is one of my dilemmas. I do not want to not exist. Becasue I love too hard or too intensely I have a deep need to spend eternity with those I love peacefully. Like I don't want that at all. I've had really supernatural experiences in my life that I won't go into cuz I'd rather not be judged or attacked, but that's my only saving grace on the issue. Except I think to myself, "what if I'm the exception?". And also total just... Darkness and void scares me too. I don't wanna be alone and lonely in this life just to deal with that in the next for eternity. I just don't wanna be alone and away from people I care about forever personally. But Everytime my mind breaks I go into a trance when I can't think about anything except death and the release of it.

I feel for you Shaybear

Love that you call me Shaybear, you're so sweet:love:. That's the exact same for me, I feel like I could have wrote that. It's so scary - and if it's something bad I won't be able to escape it. Darkness/void scares me too, I also feel things so intensely and I'm scared of not feeling or comprehending things anymore. I don't know if it's just SI manifesting itself as afterlife anxiety but I am so scared to do it.
Thanks for understanding Pinks :heart:, can always rely on you.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 23586
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018

I feel for you Shaybear
Become a Hindu but your old love ones will become someone's else's loved ones and you will be reborn into new family. They believe in reincarnation. But they say this shouldn't be a problem as the soul is the same in everything so if you can see past the body into the soul then you will see your loved ones even in your new family. Did I go off topic.

I was a Hindu until I realised that most of the stories were made up but most people counter the fear of death with reincarnation in Hinduism.
The last days I think of it all such that nothing really matters. It doesn't matter if you are a millionaire with plenty of chick because you will 100% lose it all when you die. And if you are a loser like me, it won't last forever. It doesn't matter if you fuck up suicide or if you do it successfully. Because nothing matters. We are just ants on a large sphere randomly existing in a random universe. Even if we make it to live 90 years, it's nothing in comparison with the age of universe.
I don't know if this is correct or YouTube nonsense but scientist say that even the universe will collapse in the far future, something about gravity and rate of expansion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shay23