M

monebeta

Aug 30, 2023
is it possible to leave a letter, so that after suicide govt can complete cremenation and leave a bank card with somefunds to cover the cost

Reactions: cartdog and Niirvana
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I don't know where you're from, but in the US, each county would typically transfer deceased individuals from a morgue to a cemetery, with the expectation that this may lead to the discovery of family members who can then proceed to claim the deceased's remains.

Reactions: monebeta
cartdog

cartdog

Sit and stay
Oct 7, 2023
is it possible to leave a letter, so that after suicide govt can complete cremenation and leave a bank card with somefunds to cover the cost
I remove dead bodies professionally full-time for mortuaries/funeral homes. The best way to secure arrangements is to select and contact a mortuary service provider yourself and set up a pre-need. As long as the scene of your passing is obviously a suicide (non-suspicious or possibly linked to a crime against you), what will most likely happen is 911 will be contacted, a medical professional will pronounce you legally deceased, and your county's police coroner will clear your death on-site.

If you have a pre-need, the mortuary is contacted by the police and someone like me comes to pick you up and execute your final wishes (like who gets your remains, or where to scatter your remains). If there is no information available on-site for a pre-need, family will be sought and contacted to have them make at-need arrangements. If no next-of-kin can be found, they will take you to the county coroner's office and store you for a certain amount of time, if you're unclaimed they will handle your cremation at no cost.
You could also state in your letter or will that you would like X amount of funds from X bank account, or "X amount of cash in white envelope next to the bed" to be probated to direct cremation. Both are legally recognized fund allocations. (edit: In the U.S)

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: tpboy, nozomu, Miss Anthropy and 6 others
_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I remove dead bodies professionally full-time for mortuaries/funeral homes. The best way to secure arrangements is to select and contact a mortuary service provider yourself and set up a pre-need. As long as the scene of your passing is obviously a suicide (non-suspicious or possibly linked to a crime against you), what will most likely happen is 911 will be contacted, a medical professional will pronounce you legally deceased, and your county's police coroner will clear your death on-site.

If you have a pre-need, the mortuary is contacted by the police and someone like me comes to pick you up and execute your final wishes (like who gets your remains, or where to scatter your remains). If there is no information available on-site for a pre-need, family will be sought and contacted to have them make at-need arrangements. If no next-of-kin can be found, they will take you to the county coroner's office and store you for a certain amount of time, if you're unclaimed they will handle your cremation at no cost.
You could also state in your letter or will that you would like X amount of funds from X bank account, or "X amount of cash in white envelope next to the bed" to be probated to direct cremation. Both are legally recognized fund allocations. (edit: In the U.S)
Hi - I just wanted to thank you for your insight on this. It was very informative, as I was unaware of the formalities post death.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975, cartdog and monebeta
M

monebeta

Aug 30, 2023

thank you so much sir, its flipping hard one for people like us who don't want any freebies and troubling anyone.

thank you once again

• Love
Reactions: cartdog
cartdog

cartdog

Sit and stay
Oct 7, 2023
thank you so much sir, its flipping hard one for people like us who don't want any freebies and troubling anyone.

thank you once again
There should be easier access to information like this for people who want it! I think I understand a bit of where you're coming from. I don't want my family to have any say in my disposition or claim on my remains, and I also don't want the financial burden to fall on my close friends or homemates.
I don't think people who are planning to ctb owe anyone anything, but for me personally, having arrangements handled is something I need to be at peace when it comes.
Big love

Reactions: monebeta