Would you say loneliness is a major factor in your suicidal thoughts?

• Total voters
Passerby

Passerby

Been a guest viewer on here for years
Jul 7, 2020
for the past three days solid, I just want to say i am so grateful for each and every one of you, after reading hundreds of stories, i weep for the pain this world causes you, i don't know if i should admit this but i have tears strolling down my face reading some of you're posts on here.

Finally i found 'weird' people like myself i can relate to.

I am 29 years old, from England, i suffer from mental health issues which are made worse by the constant loneliness, years of being alone, doctors not giving a damn, left alone to rot if to say.

Last week, a very close friend of mine hanged himself in a hotel, so the pain gets worse day by day.

Sorry for the pointless post i just wanted to say hi and that you're' not alone and now hopefully i know i'm not too, so thank you to you all.

If you could answer the poll i will post below i would love to know answers and it will bring comfort to not just me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Loner, Bct, HeavyOne and 13 others
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
Has lockdown worsened this for you? I'm in the UK too. I've struggled with loneliness during the last few months, and I'm scared it will continue. Even though things are getting more back to normal, I feel that people will have forgotten about me and moved on. Maybe they won't even remember I am here.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
its not pointless. you have a question. you finally feel like you belong. all of these are good, and in no way pointless. ive felt the same way since being here. like people finally understand me :)

H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
Yeah. IRL, I'm a social reject. And if I told people what goes on in my head, they'll get me locked up in the ward and still hate me. Believe it or not, this place has allowed me to reflect on my reasons for death. There are people here who care about me, that understand my pain, that make existence a tad more bearable. SS gives me a place to get ready if I want to catch the bus. I don't plan on killing myself until I see how things pan out on my project. Welcome to SS. I'm sorry for your pain and that it brought you here -Willow.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bct, HeavyOne, Meditation guide and 2 others
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
35 from England. Yes this is a fine place with people who generally aren't phoney. Very refreshing. In a way I'm lonely but in a way most people irl are not very interesting to me. I would like to meet more weirdos like me though, yeah.

• Hugs
Reactions: andresantosfx
Passerby

Passerby

Been a guest viewer on here for years
Jul 7, 2020
Has lockdown worsened this for you? I'm in the UK too. I've struggled with loneliness during the last few months, and I'm scared it will continue. Even though things are getting more back to normal, I feel that people will have forgotten about me and moved on. Maybe they won't even remember I am here.

I could have wrote that myself, i do hope things get somewhat better for you, as selfish as it seems, coming out lockdown made me anxious, at least in lockdown, lonely was normal, now i see people out with there familys agian, don't get me wrong i am happy for them, just sad for myself having watching that.
Yeah. IRL, I'm a social reject. And if I told people what goes on in my head, they'll get me locked up in the ward and still hate me. Believe it or not, this place has allowed me to reflect on my reasons for death. There are people here who care about me, that understand my pain, that make existence a tad more bearable. SS gives me a place to get ready if I want to catch the bus. I don't plan on killing myself until I see how things pan out on my project. Welcome to SS. I'm sorry for your pain and that it brought you here -Willow.

I felt that message, i'm sorry for you're pain too. You seem like you've had a hard time, i hope you're project works out so you have something to feel positive for and all the best for it.
35 from England. Yes this is a fine place with people who generally aren't phoney. Very refreshing. In a way I'm lonely but in a way most people irl are not very interesting to me. I would like to meet more weirdos like me though, yeah.

Yes it is very refreshing i find that too, i like to think of myself as 'weird', if you fancy a chat about life sometime pm me.

Last edited:
Reactions: GravityUtilizer
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Loneliness is such a deep issue for me, since it goes beyond just being about not having people to talk to. Personally I find it really hard to connect with and understand people, so even with friends I feel isolated and lonely. I can just about fit in with people, but I can't connect with them very deeply and it makes me feel like more of a side character in people's lives than a real friend.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: zi99 and Heart Shards
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Loneliness and guilty for be lonely, people are gone for my fault... I am a bad person, I hurt emotionally the girl that I more loved.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
No. Loneliness isnt cause for my suicidal thoughts. The fact that everyone i loved died is the cause for it. I just want to be with them in any form. I dont mind loneliness as im neither lonely nor alone. I just want to be with them again, as being without them is pointless. They were my reason to live. With them being dead that reason is gone. So they are my rason to die now.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd say loneliness is definitely a contributing factor. But I wouldn't say that it's the main reason for me. It's a myriad of bullshit thats just sort of piled up over time.

V

victoria91

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Defo is a factor. I have no real friends I feel rejected my most social groups and have a difficult relationship with my partner. I do think perhaps if I wasn't so lonely it would be easier x

• Hugs
Reactions: Bct and Brick In The Wall