• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I've taken many steps to make sure that no one finds out about this website after I CTB, but if the authorities manage to find this website somehow, can they access my account? I want to make sure that I do not harm this community in any way after I CTB
Lots of my family members are in the PD so I know there's gonna be a full and thorough investigation

Edit: Given that I delete my acc before CTB

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SquidsCuts, Sid19, Redacted24 and 1 other person
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
They can, and they will. If I was you, I would delete all ties I have to the forum before CTB. But it's up to you I guess.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
They can, and they will. If I was you, I would delete all ties I have to the forum before CTB. But it's up to you I guess.
I'm going to do that, but I wanna make sure that even if there was a small hole in the things I did, they atleast dont find my account

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you plan a GBT? Usually when it is clear that a user took their meds to CTB that after some time a mod will delete the account (crossed out names). Login is impossible then. Just make sure nobody knows your user name or find the registration email.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Do you plan a GBT?
What's a GBT?
Usually when it is clear that a user took their meds to CTB that after some time a mod will delete the account (crossed out names). Login is impossible then. Just make sure nobody knows your user name or find the registration email.
I see, and yes I have a separate email that i use nowhere else for this :D

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I doubt law enforcement will care about suicide or this site, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: breezeboy
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I doubt law enforcement will care about suicide or this site, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Almost all of my family is in law enforcement. They will care.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 82921
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Almost all of my family is in law enforcement. They will care.
People pretend to care, they won't really. As for law enforcement, this site is in the media almost every day somewhere in the world.

It is hosted in the US and is protected by the first amendment. I really wouldn't think too much into it. They are not going to raid the site and shut it down or do anything at all.

Reactions: breezeboy and Praestat_Mori
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Scotty scott scot, I think if they're his family they're going to care, come on 🤷
Not sure if the first amendment will hold up forever regarding this, but one can hope.
I'm not sure about that, we'd like to think family would card but in my experience they too soon forget and move on.

Maybe but who knows... life can be weird and so can families.

Wikipedia probably has just as much information on suicide as we do. Most people hang themselves, jump or use a gun.
Yes we have loads of threads on N, SN, fentanyl, CO etc etc but they are rare methods and are generally just coping mechanisms to feel some control.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I'm not sure about that, we'd like to think family would card but in my experience they too soon forget and move on.
From my experience, they'll do whatever they can to extract as much information as possible. My mother is a high ranking officer, and the department is not going to let her simply not do an investigation (not that she's not gonna investigate by herself)

Reactions: Sid19
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
There have already been several people who remained connected until the end, their account was closed from their last message it can helps feeling cared.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DepressedChemMajor
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I've taken many steps to make sure that no one finds out about this website after I CTB, but if the authorities manage to find this website somehow, can they access my account? I want to make sure that I do not harm this community in any way after I CTB
Lots of my family members are in the PD so I know there's gonna be a full and thorough investigation

Hey, knowing from what country you are from I say it's very less likely they will try to find out if you give your reasoning for ctb, but to be sure delete your acc, empty your cache and data, and before ctb reset your device and empty your file manager as well. I can try giving you more info later on pm.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and DepressedChemMajor
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
In most 'civilised' countries detailed records of internet activity are kept for several years now, but if you're using a (non logged / relilable) vpn then they've have to jump through a lot of hoops to make any progress. Even if they did go digging extensively, I don't see what they would be able to act on. As someone mentioned, sites like wikipedia and the rest of the open net contain just as much harmful info. Basically, wouldn't worry about it as long as you have taken basic safeguard steps.

• Informative
Reactions: Aim, Praestat_Mori and DepressedChemMajor
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
In most 'civilised' countries detailed records of internet activity are kept for several years now, but if you're using a (non logged / relilable) vpn then they've have to jump through a lot of hoops to make any progress. Even if they did go digging extensively, I don't see what they would be able to act on. As someone mentioned, sites like wikipedia and the rest of the open net contain just as much harmful info. Basically, wouldn't worry about it as long as you have taken basic safeguard steps.
Even if they find my internet history from VPN or ISP, can they see exactly what I posted and stuff or only which websites my phone accessed?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Even if they find my internet history from VPN or ISP, can they see exactly what I posted and stuff or only which websites my phone accessed?
They can see what websites you've visited (well, dns pointers), but with precise time stamps too so they can request access records from a website to correlate those time stamps to an account.

That's why using a vpn provider that certifiably has a no log policy is so important - as otherwise the authorities can simply match up the time stamps with your isp records, making a free or logged vpn service fairly useless.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
They can see what websites you've visited (well, dns pointers), but with precise time stamps too so they can request access records from a website to correlate those time stamps to an account.

That's why using a vpn provider that certifiably has a no log policy is so important - as otherwise the authorities can simply match up the time stamps with your isp records, making a free or logged vpn service fairly useless.
Do these DNS pointers reveal exactly which website I was on and exactly which thread I was in, or just the sanctioned-suicide.net part? Do you know how long these records are kept for?

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Do these DNS pointers reveal exactly which website I was on and exactly which thread I was in, or just the sanctioned-suicide.net part? Do you know how long these records are kept for?
Website and URLs logged (ie the logs would show the entire URL/ thread title in the address bar).
https / secure traffic make it difficult to log exactly what is on that page however, and secure dns makes authorities jobs even harder.

Not all countries are the same though - some more relaxed countries outside of the '5 eyes' only literally log the dns address. Other more strict countries actually intercept the https traffic and can see *everything* that passes across the connection (China for example, but many others are suspected of it).

Basic rule of thumb in this day and age - if you've got something you want to hide, don't use the internet, or be very very paranoid!

edit: sorry, missed a bit of your question! Depends on the country but at least a year.
Interestingly UK is as bad as China, and has been since 2016 ( just to cheer up any uk peeps on here! )

Last edited:
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Website and URLs logged (ie the logs would show the entire URL/ thread title in the address bar).
https / secure traffic make it difficult to log exactly what is on that page however, and secure dns makes authorities jobs even harder.

Not all countries are the same though - some more relaxed countries outside of the '5 eyes' only literally log the dns address. Other more strict countries actually intercept the https traffic and can see *everything* that passes across the connection (China for example, but many others are suspected of it).

Basic rule of thumb in this day and age - if you've got something you want to hide, don't use the internet, or be very very paranoid!

edit: sorry, missed a bit of your question! Depends on the country but at least a year.
Interestingly UK is as bad as China, and has been since 2016 ( just to cheer up any uk peeps on here! )
Thanks a lot for this! One more question, if I completely destroy my phone and my SIM card, can it still be found out?

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Thanks a lot for this! One more question, if I completely destroy my phone and my SIM card, can it still be found out?
You're *usually* safe if you do that, although they won't be happy.
They will have a record of your activity but won't be able to prove it in court as there is no device / evidence!

• Love
Reactions: DepressedChemMajor
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You can always have the mods delete your account before your ctb if you have a sure date, or you could ask the mods to delete your account if there is no activity after sometime.

• Love
Reactions: DepressedChemMajor
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
You're *usually* safe if you do that, although they won't be happy.
They will have a record of your activity but won't be able to prove it in court as there is no device / evidence!
That's great haha, I'll do that! Last time I attempted CTB, I put my PC components in a bucket of acid. I survived, had to buy a new pc lol

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
That's great haha, I'll do that! Last time I attempted CTB, I put my PC components in a bucket of acid. I survived, had to buy a new pc lol
That must have sucked :pfff:

Depending on the age of the PC you can turn on secure boot, and then destroy the tpm chip on the motherboard - that's pretty effective (and means you'd only need to buy a new motherboard!). Oh and destroy the storage medium as well of course - NVMe is easy / fragile, but physical hard drives don't like hammer drills. Apparently!

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
That must have sucked :pfff:

Depending on the age of the PC you can turn on secure boot, and then destroy the tpm chip on the motherboard - that's pretty effective (and means you'd only need to buy a new motherboard!). Oh and destroy the storage medium as well of course - NVMe is easy / fragile, but physical hard drives don't like hammer drills. Apparently!
I opened my hard drive and smashed every single chip and the disk to pieces lol. I did it on my bed, and when I returned home I got random pieces of glass on my back every night xD

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
I opened my hard drive and smashed every single chip and the disk to pieces lol. I did it on my bed, and when I returned home I got random pieces of glass on my back every night xD
Ah yes, the old ones are nasty - tiny glass shards everywhere :/
Always thought they're quite amazing from a technical engineering pov - the precision needed, etc.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Ah yes, the old ones are nasty - tiny glass shards everywhere :/
Always thought they're quite amazing from a technical engineering pov - the precision needed, etc.
They indeed are very interesting, especially how the data correction works on them because how fragile they are!

butterfly000

butterfly000

I want freedom
Jan 6, 2024
I have done a full-disk encryption so any authority wanting to investigate my online activities wouldn't even have access to any information on my device. I also consider it way more convenient than physically destroying my device before CTBing. Also, if I were to fail I could easily access everything again.

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023

This is gonna sound stupid but just do the Light Yagami thing and rig explosives/fire hazards to your PC the moment the police log in. Therefore the evidence is destroyed and no one will have the password already saved. I doubt SaSu would give your info up to the police if they asked anyways.