• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

abchia

abchia

Student
Aug 28, 2023
What is the purpose of taking antiemetics for a day or two before the day the SN is taken?

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I suppose it serves to be in the blood prior to ingesting the SN.

Reactions: abchia and Beyond_Repair
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I'm not sure why people recommend this as the recommended anti-emetic, metoclopramide, half-life is six hours. It's pointless to start at one to two days before your attempt as you're just going to break it down or excrete it before it's even time to use it. Even the PPH recommends a stat dose and nothing more. It's a waste of pills.

I suppose it serves to be in the blood prior to ingesting the SN.
The half-life of the anti-metallic that most people use is only six hours, which means after six hours you've already excreted or broken down half of the medication you've taken. It makes absolutely no sense to take it days beforehand as you will have already flushed it out at the time of your attempt. Your body doesn't normally stockpile foreign molecules, i.e. drugs. Your kidneys and liver work very hard to break them down and flush them out. That's why we have to keep taking medications every four to six hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: abchia
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I'm not sure why people recommend this as the recommended anti-emetic, metoclopramide, half-life is six hours. It's pointless to start at one to two days before your attempt as you're just going to break it down or excrete it before it's even time to use it. Even the PPH recommends a stat dose and nothing more. It's a waste of pills.

So I guess it helps people check with enough time that it doesn't cause allergies or adverse effects. It is taken 40 minutes before the SN if I remember correctly, imagine that your throat swells or you get diarrhea... 💩

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
So I guess it helps people check with enough time that it doesn't cause allergies or adverse effects. It is taken 40 minutes before the SN if I remember correctly, imagine that your throat swells or you get diarrhea... 💩
And that check is a good reason to do that, but most people don't have allergies to medications, and I think a lot of people think that you need to take it constantly one to two days beforehand. But there's no point to doing that outside of a single test dose if you're worried about a possible allergy or reaction.

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Maybe there is something we don't know... I will use the 48h method anyway.

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
There is a 48h or 36h regimen or stat dose. Each one is recommended by a different book. What they have in common is the last dose that you ingest ~1 h before drinking SN. Soooo basically there's no need to do that the day before .. But imo it depends on how much you trust it. AE works the same in all 3 cases and that's for sure but if we add the extra power of placebo then it's worth considering. There's no harm in taking the AE two days before so if you are the type of person who has many psychosomatic problems or if you like doing things "just in case", then it may work better for you :)

more details here:
think I understand what your idea is, but I don't fully agree. Let's compare the 48 hour Regimen and the Stat dose in Stan's guide: both regimens involve a last dose of 3 x 10mg of AE 45 minutes before drinking SN. So, you're supposed to down that much AE anyway. Unless you want to follow another protocol, I see no benefit in doing a 36 to 48 hour Domp. regimen. But I give you the credit for having researched more than me so I may be wrong

DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024

The half-life of the anti-metallic that most people use is only six hours, which means after six hours you've already excreted or broken down half of the medication you've taken. It makes absolutely no sense to take it days beforehand as you will have already flushed it out at the time of your attempt. Your body doesn't normally stockpile foreign molecules, i.e. drugs. Your kidneys and liver work very hard to break them down and flush them out. That's why we have to keep taking medications every four to six hours.
why do most people go through a 2 day regime?

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
Because the guides say so, because it seems that following it works and gives security to those who want to use that method.

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Because they saw someone else do it and think that they need to do it too and then the next person does it and the next person does it and before long it just becomes the doctrine and nobody knows why we're doing it. As happens with most things on the internet people see one person do it and start mindlessly copying instead of educating themselves on why that person would make that choice and if that choice was actually the right one to make.

abchia

abchia

Student
Aug 28, 2023
And that check is a good reason to do that, but most people don't have allergies to medications, and I think a lot of people think that you need to take it constantly one to two days beforehand. But there's no point to doing that outside of a single test dose if you're worried about a possible allergy or reaction.
that's what i thought, so the test dose can be done at any time then

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
that's what i thought, so the test dose can be done at any time then
Yeah, just take one dose sometime before you plan an attempt and maybe make sure it's far enough out that if you do have a reaction to the medication you can change your plan or try to get a different anti-emetic.