ShaiOne007

ShaiOne007

Dec 10, 2021
I feel like I absolutely hate myself. Has anyone else felt this way? How have you overcome it?
Please help 💜

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Death_of_a_Phynixx, fox_wannabe, allesistgut and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
YES, I have had times where I disliked myself. Now being all most 66, reference point, I have worked hard to overcome not only the thoughts but how to take a step back and understand.

Please let me explain, growing up I was always called the "mistake" by my "parents" and that had a profound impact on my adult life. I can remember getting in a mood where I got really down and thought I was just the worst human on earth and disliked myself so very much. I started to think about it as to why I thought and felt that way. I did a lot of soul searching and contemplating and part of it was still the way my "parents" treated me, and I thought that I had no self-worth.

It took a while, but each and every time I would start too self-loath about myself, I would find a spot to sit, close my eyes and let my mind relax and think of nothing for a few minutes, then start to tell myself that I am a good-hearted soul and I love helping everyone out and the world sees me as someone who has so much to give humanity and myself.

I still do this, not as much as I did in the 1970's, but every once in a while, I find a favorite spot, and relax and tell myself that I do a good job for others and myself and that I am a worthy part of the human family.

I send you lots of huge hugs, the knowledge that you ARE very important to me, and the world and you are a caring and kind spirit.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: S like suicide, allesistgut and ShaiOne007
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
I was trying to post this earlier but my tablet was disobeying me, here I go on phone:
You will be hard pressed to find anyone on here (perhaps anyone in general) who doesn't hate themselves from time to time. I sometimes find it helps to remind myself that everything and everyone is a product of its circumstances, including all your best and worst traits and behaviours. With this understanding, it makes little logical sense to hate yourself nor blame yourself for how you turned out given what we become depends largely (entirely, some may argue) on forces outside of our control).

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut and ShaiOne007
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
I wish i could help you but i totally hate myself and the only thing that can "save"me is death

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, whywere and Sunset Limited
ShaiOne007

ShaiOne007

Dec 10, 2021
I wish i could help you but i totally hate myself and the only thing that can "save"me is death
I completely understand how you feel. I send you lots of hugs and love.

• Love
Reactions: S like suicide
Death_of_a_Phynixx

Death_of_a_Phynixx

09/22/90-2022
Jan 31, 2022
Yes, I have absolutely hated myself in the past. Actually, I have hated myself for decades. As of today, I have much more love for myself than I ever had in the past! I overcame my hatred of self because I had received evidence that me hating myself was actually doing me even more harm than good. I was ignorant in the past and I did not understand how to deal with my type of intense emotions, so I used to let them really sink me down beneath my desired threshold. I just want to say to you, that you are a very special being within this realm/world and trust me, you are loved. Sometimes we may not feel that this is true during our moments of emotional pain and discomfort, but I guarantee that you are loved. You are also very brave to ask for help and guidance, which means that you do love yourself. I think if you truly hated yourself, you would not have asked for help and advice, or you simply wouldn't care. You may not agree with me, but your love for yourself is what has caused you to ask for genuine assistance. I do genuinely feel for you, because I have been there, so I know exactly what you are going through emotionally. It hurts, but emotional healing is within your near reach. You might have even grasped it just by asking for help and advice. This is a very positive initial step that can lead to even more emotional healing. These healings can sometimes transpire in stages, and I think that stage #1 is recognizing an issue, and then asking for guidance, and you have completed this step. You are a beautiful being and worthy of so much love that is unconditional, just remember that. I also overcame my hatred of myself by doing mirror work, and positive self talk. It felt uncomfortable to me at first, but with persistence and repetition, my thought processes successfully changed, and thus I now feel more love for myself! If you need more guidance or a more detailed post of the uplifting exercises that I experimented with, just know that you can talk to me, and I am here for you to help you my brother/sister. One of my vows is to help other beings to feel better about themselves emotionally, so I don't mind spending the time. I wish you wellbeing and peace of mind tonight, and I send infinite love and hugs to you! ♾️💜🤗

• Love
Reactions: ShaiOne007