H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Yesterday I attempted the exit bag method using nitrogen gas. I have researched meticulously and believed I carried it out following all the recommended instructions. I set my regulator to 15, placed the bag over my head above my ears, pushed out the oxygen by scrunching down the bag, then turned on the cylinder. After 2 minutes the bag was still fairly scrunched down and wasn´t remotely sitting above my head like a chef hat, which is apparently what is should look like. I waited longer and although the bag inflated somewhat after sometime it wasn´t inflating to any significant degree. Bye this time the contents dial was displaying half full, so I decided to abort the attempt. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what may have gone wrong? TIA

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kbeau, profoundexperience, Greenberg and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Yesterday I attempted the exit bag method using nitrogen gas. I have researched meticulously and believed I carried it out following all the recommended instructions. I set my regulator to 15, placed the bag over my head above my ears, pushed out the oxygen by scrunching down the bag, then turned on the cylinder. After 2 minutes the bag was still fairly scrunched down and wasn´t remotely sitting above my head like a chef hat, which is apparently what is should look like. I waited longer and although the bag inflated somewhat after sometime it wasn´t inflating to any significant degree. Bye this time the contents dial was displaying half full, so I decided to abort the attempt. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what may have gone wrong? TIA
A leak from the tubing perhaps? May I ask where you adhered the tubing to the bag?

Reactions: LADY007, profoundexperience and Greenberg
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
A leak from the tubing perhaps? May I ask where you adhered the tubing to the bag?
I used the tubing supplied by the regulator supplier. I have other tubing which I can test.

Reactions: Greenberg
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
I set my regulator to 15, placed the bag over my head above my ears, pushed out the oxygen by scrunching down the bag, then turned on the cylinder. After 2 minutes the bag was still fairly scrunched down and wasn´t remotely sitting above my head like a chef hat, which is apparently what is should look like. I waited longer and although the bag inflated somewhat after sometime it wasn´t inflating to any significant degree. Bye this time the contents dial was displaying half full
Hi, is you nitrogen cylinder very small? Even a 5 liter cylinder has gas for over 65 minutes at 15lpm.
The bag should fill up in just few minutes so your setup has something seriously wrong.
Maybe the hose was kinked and leaked from the fitting side or the regulator fitting/valves have big leaks.

Reactions: LADY007, Deleted member 1768, profoundexperience and 2 others
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
This is why I aborted this as a method early last year. There just seemed so many variables, so much to question when you're conscious for so long. For all you knew, it could be working, but differently from pictured/reported. If you hadn't looked (as I definitely would) you may have succeeded
I hope you're feeling okay, sending love.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, profoundexperience, Greenberg and 1 other person
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
It shouldn't be difficult or stressful.
If the gas is pure and flowing properly, the bag is intact and snug, that's all what is needed.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, Greenberg and heliumornitrogen
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Wondering about the purity of your nitrogen. I infer from your chef's hat analogy that you already knew to have your torso elevated.

LetzeAusfahrt repeatedly tested the nitrogen method out assiduously (setting Dani somewhat apart from others who researched it).

So far as I am concerned, the following link provides required reading:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-method-and-pain.46853/

H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, is you nitrogen cylinder very small? Even a 5 liter cylinder has gas for over 65 minutes at 15lpm.
The bag should fill up in just few minutes so your setup has something seriously wrong.
Maybe the hose was kinked and leaked from the fitting side or the regulator fitting/valves have big leaks.
Hmm, I´m going to test it all out again. I still have nitrogen left in the cylinder. I have a 9L cylinder.

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
I have a 9L cylinder.
Wow, if the cylinder was full at 200 bar you used maybe 900 liters of gas for your first attempt.
Please be careful something is definitely not right.

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience and Greenberg
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Wow, if the cylinder was full at 200 bar you used maybe 900 liters of gas for your first attempt.
Please be careful something is definitely not right.
The cylinder was just under full, just below the green area displayed on the contents dial, as I had used some gas in previous tests. Bye the time I decided to abort the attempt it was registering half full. It´s 9L 200 BAR cylinder. It really wasn´t inflating the bag as expected, like a chefs hat. I´m guessing I had the gas flowing for around 5 minutes or more, although I had a few alcoholic drinks for courage so my timing might be slightly out.

• Hugs
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
It´s 9L 200 BAR cylinder. It really wasn´t inflating the bag as expected, like a chefs hat. I´m guessing I had the gas flowing for around 5 minutes or more
Let's say that the cylinder has 1800L when full and you used it for 5-10 minutes at 15lpm.
It absolutely should not be half empty from using maybe 150 liters.

• Love
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Let's say that the cylinder has 1800L when full and you used it for 5-10 minutes at 15lpm.
It absolutely should not be half empty from using maybe 150 liters.
Yep, I agree. More tests are needed.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I'd be very interested in both @Aap and @Greenberg 's opinions on this and "troubleshooting" recommendations.

Reactions: Gnip, Greenberg and heliumornitrogen
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Hole in bag or leaky pipe or wrong flow rate. At a guess.

Reactions: LADY007, profoundexperience, Greenberg and 1 other person
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Well, 16 lpm should fill up 8 2liter soda bottles in a minute. Obviously the flow entering the bag wasn't remotely close to this. You either have a leak in your bag, connections, tubing, or a faulty flow meter.

H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
Wondering about the purity of your nitrogen. I infer from your chef's hat analogy that you already knew to have your torso elevated.

LetzeAusfahrt repeatedly tested the nitrogen method out assiduously (setting Dani somewhat apart from others who researched it).

So far as I am concerned, the following link provides required reading:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/inert-gas-method-and-pain.46
I tested it again today with the nitrogen I had left in the cylinder and it worked perfectly, inflated above my head like a chef hat. I think it may have been a case that I didn´t tighten the regulator tight enough to the cylinder. I also set the flow at 20lpm this time. I purchased the nitrogen from a reputable company and it has an oxygen free label on the cylinder. I had a few alcoholic drinks for courage which may be why I misjudged the tightness although there was no hissing sound at the time.
This is why I aborted this as a method early last year. There just seemed so many variables, so much to question when you're conscious for so long. For all you knew, it could be working, but differently from pictured/reported. If you hadn't looked (as I definitely would) you may have succeeded
I hope you're feeling okay, sending love.
Thanks...I´ve solved the problem. I clearly hadn´t tightened the regulator to the cylinder tight enough. You should loose consciousness almost immediately after you pull the bag over your head.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, Gnip, profoundexperience and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I tested it again today with the nitrogen I had left in the cylinder and it worked perfectly, inflated above my head like a chef hat. I think it may have been a case that I didn´t tighten the regulator tight enough to the cylinder. I also set the flow at 20lpm this time. I purchased the nitrogen from a reputable company and it has an oxygen free label on the cylinder. I had a few alcoholic drinks for courage which may be why I misjudged the tightness although there was no hissing sound at the time.

Thanks...I´ve solved the problem. I clearly hadn´t tightened the regulator to the cylinder tight enough. You should loose consciousness almost immediately after you pull the bag over your head.
So it was the drinks? Haha

Reactions: Gnip and heliumornitrogen
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
You should loose consciousness almost immediately after you pull the bag over your head.
It might even take up to a minute though. 15-30 seconds most likely if properly prepared.

Reactions: LADY007, Greenberg and profoundexperience
H

heliumornitrogen

Oct 22, 2020
It might even take up to a minute though. 15-30 seconds most likely if properly prepared.
I´ll be prepared for that although much of the literature suggests it´s almost immediately. Hopefully it´s as quick as possible!

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, Greenberg and Lastsauce
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I´ll be prepared for that although much of the literature suggests it´s almost immediately. Hopefully it´s as quick as possible!

It should be. There have been numerous humorous youtube clips over the years showing kids quickly passing out from inhaling balloon helium for making funny voices, and a few widely reported accidental deaths have occurred during the process of attempting this self inflicted prank.

Reactions: LADY007, heliumornitrogen, Greenberg and 1 other person
F

FML@2021

Jan 14, 2021
Which regulator did you use? Thanks

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
What difference does it make? The poster was drunk, and human error was the culprit.

F

FML@2021

Jan 14, 2021
What difference does it make? The poster was drunk, and human error was the culprit.
Im asking because I purchased an Escmode Regulator and I'm having issues with this method right now as well so I'm trying to suss out where the issue is