• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
I have found a location to jump off, and it is just a little under 200 feet tall and over water-- if I were to wear a backpack with weights inside, how likely would I be successful in my attempt to ctb? I was also considering hyperventilating before to make it easier to drown if the impact doesn't kill me; I really do not want to survive. I was also considering taking some SN or something of the sort because I really really cannot afford to be rescued.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
ropebunny

ropebunny

*suicidal bunny noises*
Jul 26, 2020
Your chances of surviving would be slim to none, I believe.

Reactions: falloutcarter13 and nomoreenergy
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
Your chances of surviving would be slim to none, I believe.

Do you (or anyone else) have an idea of how much weights I should take? I'm around 115-120 lbs if that helps

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I have found a location to jump off, and it is just a little under 200 feet tall and over water-- if I were to wear a backpack with weights inside, how likely would I be successful in my attempt to ctb? I was also considering hyperventilating before to make it easier to drown if the impact doesn't kill me; I really do not want to survive. I was also considering taking some SN or something of the sort because I really really cannot afford to be rescued.

There have been people who have survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge which is 275 ft (I believe) above water. There haven't been many to survive, but it's still a possibility.

I jumped off a 100 ft bridge into water. I also had a backpack full of heavy items to help me drown. The backpack didn't do anything. It essentially acted as a life jacket because I was floating when I was found. I didn't go underwater.

I suffered from numerous injuries that landed me in the hospital for a week, then I was transferred to psych for 3 weeks.

I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything. I'm just sharing my experience with you.

Reactions: Therealnobody and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
From a physics standpoint, it may not be the best idea to use something like a backpack full of weights. If that backpack is the first thing to hit the water (which it likely will be), its going to break the surface tension instead of your body. That makes it a lot more likely that you'll receive a sub-lethal level of shock to your body. I'm not saying it can't work or that its even illogical to have the thought....but do you want to die from shock caused by sudden deceleration, or do you want to just hurt yourself and then drown? It really is a personal question.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and nomoreenergy
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
From a physics standpoint, it may not be the best idea to use something like a backpack full of weights. If that backpack is the first thing to hit the water (which it likely will be), its going to break the surface tension instead of your body. That makes it a lot more likely that you'll receive a sub-lethal level of shock to your body. I'm not saying it can't work or that its even illogical to have the thought....but do you want to die from shock caused by sudden deceleration, or do you want to just hurt yourself and then drown? It really is a personal question.

Thank you so much for the response-- I really appreciate it. Given that I might survive the fall, do you think that SN would be a viable method to make sure it works?

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Thank you so much for the response-- I really appreciate it. Given that I might survive the fall, do you think that SN would be a viable method to make sure it works?
...what do you mean? Taking SN before jumping? Because that's not...no, don't try that. This is a "one or the other" situation, there are just way too many things that could go wrong trying to combine these two (and I'm talking in the sense of someone "helping" you or "saving you") and the SN is totally unnecessary if you're going to jump from a 20 story bridge.

Reactions: nomoreenergy
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
...what do you mean? Taking SN before jumping? Because that's not...no, don't try that. This is a "one or the other" situation, there are just way too many things that could go wrong trying to combine these two (and I'm talking in the sense of someone "helping" you or "saving you") and the SN is totally unnecessary if you're going to jump from a 20 story bridge.

Thanks again-- sorry I'm not great with physics, but would weighted bands (like the resistance weights athletes use to train) help me to drown/sink faster without having the same effect as a backpack?

Last edited:
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Thanks again-- sorry I'm not great with physics, but would weighted bands (like the resistance weights athletes use to train) help me to drown/sink faster without having the same effect as a backpack?
That would be a better idea, but the point is you don't want anything other than your body breaking the surface tension of the water. Think of it in terms of a high dive. If you do a proper dive, you break the surface tension by virtue of putting your body into a hydrodynamic position. It doesn't hurt or affect your body at all. If you belly flop off the same exact diving board, you'll wish you'd never been born. Let me go ahead and put in this disclaimer here - I barely cracked a B- in Physics. You should search for things about this that smarter people than me have written, for SURE. I just think its something you should be aware of and think about =)

• Love
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
That would be a better idea, but the point is you don't want anything other than your body breaking the surface tension of the water. Think of it in terms of a high dive. If you do a proper dive, you break the surface tension by virtue of putting your body into a hydrodynamic position. It doesn't hurt or affect your body at all. If you belly flop off the same exact diving board, you'll wish you'd never been born. Let me go ahead and put in this disclaimer here - I barely cracked a B- in Physics. You should search for things about this that smarter people than me have written, for SURE. I just think its something you should be aware of and think about =)

I really really appreciate your insight. You seem so caring and thoughtful and I couldn't be more grateful :)

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I really really appreciate your insight. You seem so caring and thoughtful and I couldn't be more grateful :)
Do what I can, which isn't much. Btw, I'm really sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. If you ever need to bend an ear, my pms are always open. :hug:

• Love
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
Do what I can, which isn't much. Btw, I'm really sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. If you ever need to bend an ear, my pms are always open. :hug:

Thank you! I would take you up on your offer but I actually can't pm yet but maybe sometime :) Same goes for you- I wish you the best

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I'm jumping. Not using a backpack thought I am using a few weights small weights, like the kind that go into ankle/wrist weights.
I'm just under 100lbs and only 5lb each shoulder, based on what I can fit into those upper pockets of my vest. My bridge is 145ft but it's onto concrete so it's not completely necessary.
For the most part, people that survive jumps usually were feet first. If I were you, I'd look more into making more of a weighted vest than a backpack. They can be expensive though and not many come with metal inserts anymore.

Also since someone pointed out the Golden Gate Bridge, I'll go on to say it's 245ft and the fatality rate is 98%

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I'm jumping. Not using a backpack thought I am using a few weights small weights, like the kind that go into ankle/wrist weights.
I'm just under 100lbs and only 5lb each shoulder, based on what I can fit into those upper pockets of my vest. My bridge is 145ft but it's onto concrete so it's not completely necessary.
For the most part, people that survive jumps usually were feet first. If I were you, I'd look more into making more of a weighted vest than a backpack. They can be expensive though and not many come with metal inserts anymore.

Also since someone pointed out the Golden Gate Bridge, I'll go on to say it's 245ft and the fatality rate is 98%
I was simply pointing out that even though it's unlikely to survive such a fall, it still happens. Jumping off a bridge, especially into water, is unreliable (in my opinion) and a method where one's survival instinct is likely to kick in very strongly.

I say this all after my own attempt, so I'm not passing judgment. To each their own.

Reactions: nomoreenergy and falloutcarter13
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I was simply pointing out that even though it's unlikely to survive such a fall, it still happens. Jumping off a bridge, especially into water, is unreliable (in my opinion) and a method where one's survival instinct is likely to kick in very strongly.

I say this all after my own attempt, so I'm not passing judgment. To each their own.

You're allowed your opinion, it's not the right method for you, got it. Though I don't think I stated anything that went directly against your previous statement.