S

still_raining

Sep 30, 2023
I have everything prepared, the letters are ready. Tomorrow I'll be home alone for a while even though I'll have to skip school... Well, it doesn't matter. I'm planning on hanging myself with a rope in a dresser. Which kind of ropes are the best? And also, would taking some paracetamol or ibuprofen help?

Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
The aid of ibuprofen would be minimal, but won't hurt matters. Rope wise, something around 10mm diameter. I wouldn't rush into the act unless you've worked out your setup.

Reactions: still_raining
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Please verify your rope is good, test whatever knots you will use.
Make sure the tie-off will support you.
Ask questions if needed.
If you get to the point you are ready to hang, it should be successful. Don't let haste cause a failure.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

Another Autist

Oct 30, 2023
A proper hanging causes death by breaking the neck instead of asphyxiation which leads to immediate unconsciousness and rapid brain death. Thankfully the british empire was nice enough to do some calculations on the topic:

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
No. In the movies or judicial execution the neck is broken.
Low or No drop needs a ligature that tightens easily. It blocks the arteries in the neck and makes you pass out quickly. Hanging there unconscious allows you the time to die due to blocked blood flow to the brain.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

Another Autist

Oct 30, 2023
No. In the movies or judicial execution the neck is broken.
Low or No drop needs a ligature that tightens easily. It blocks the arteries in the neck and makes you pass out quickly. Hanging there unconscious allows you the time to die due to blocked blood flow to the brain.
When I considered it I always wanted to make the time of hanging inside the noose unconscious as short as possible. Something might happen in that time. So why not try to aim for a standard or long drop if you have the space?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Good luck getting long drop to work. It is not that easy to setup. Do your research.