Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
I'm posting this as a form of advice to anyone dealing with complex trauma: Please don't try to "figure it out" yourself while in a situation where you don't feel comfortable and safe. Doing this can make it a lot worse. Make sure you first find a trusted environment, someone you can talk to, or if you can only do it alone, improve aspects of your life, find something healthy to lean on and seek an outside point of view.
I say this because several years ago I decided to "fix" myself and ended up with an obsession to discover what's behind everything I feel, I became a hypochondriac, I developed delusional beliefs, and I began to dissociate even worse.
The responses that the mind has to trauma is nothing more than a defense method, when you are in a vulnerable position it is best not to force yourself and leave things as they are. I hope I have explained myself well.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
not everyone has those options. some people have zero support and dont have a choice. they either have to figure it out alone or succumb to the illness(es) and ctb.