• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dustyermine

Dec 27, 2018
I'm planning to ctb at the Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if anybody had suggestions for where to jump without getting in trouble before i get there? I know that a lot of the hiking paths aren't private and the topographic maps I've looked at are really confusing. Thanks!

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
I was only there once, and it looked rather craggy. The best spot I can think of is one of the overlooks that has a long fall, like that one with the famous glass floor tunnel. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head, but I know they placed it where it would have a long view down.

I'm not sure if it's high enough to guarantee death though, and rescue would probably happen pretty quickly since the area is heavily patrolled. Maybe do it at night when no one will see?

I hope you find peace either way.

On the edge

On the edge

Jun 9, 2019
I was only there once, and it looked rather craggy. The best spot I can think of is one of the overlooks that has a long fall, like that one with the famous glass floor tunnel. I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head, but I know they placed it where it would have a long view down.

I'm not sure if it's high enough to guarantee death though, and rescue would probably happen pretty quickly since the area is heavily patrolled. Maybe do it at night when no one will see?

I hope you find peace either way.
I think you're referring to the skywalk on the west rim. There's easily accessible spots where it's a sheer drop, and they say it's about a mile deep.

Reactions: DreamCatcher and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
if I had courage for a jump, I would goof around and make it look like one of those "selfie fails" but really camp it up,
take a bunch of silly "whoa, whooooaaaaa I'm falling!" faces,
then pretend to slip and make the "oh shit, byyyyyyyyye!!!" face.
Or do a middle-finger selfie then jump.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: toodeep, h0wd1rtygurlsST4Yc1n, Life+me=error and 3 others
ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
I live in AZ. Some advice that nobody else has pointed out would be to just be sure to do it someplace that no children will see because that wouldn't be right. It's always been a favorite spot for families.

Reactions: not_a_robot, Life+me=error and Ruffian
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I've always been intrigued by the idea of jumping. It seems so.... exhilarating to me. If done properly and well-thought-out of course. Any method can go wrong without careful planning.

The skywalk is estimated 500 to 800 ft from the ground. Death seems likely, even if rescue is attempted. But I have no idea about painfulness. Also as others have said, there will be an audience, if it's during open hours.

Last edited:
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
It shouldn't be too difficult to find an isolated spot. There's always a few accidental deaths reported every year.

Reactions: jake3d
D

dustyermine

Dec 27, 2018
Thank u all - I was considering going to Bright Angel Point or Toroweap Overlook, honestly.