GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
So I think advertising doesn't exist to convince us to purchase products. No! Ahahahaha! Easy mistake to make! Advertising exists to make us hate each others fucking guts...and it's working! But it's easy to laugh. Because I live in an incredibly hip cone of silence as much as possible, I only hear pop music that has been broken down to its most horrifying molecules of consumer self loathing in the kinds of places where retail outlets have clumped together in some form of feces algebra. The music plays as I peer into a shop window, it is answering a question that I would strangle at birth if it had the nerve to appear as an embryo in my mind. I visit these retail centers so I can be around people who, unlike myself, don't have dreams; So I can drink their suffering! I mean there are elderly people in the food court, you can be there at the exact moment when the light appears above their head; The lightbulb, the switch goes off, they realize, "Hang on, I've wasted my fucking life!" If you can drink their suffering at that moment! Oooh! Mmmm.

But it's not the people, it's the advertising. It is the advertising! Advertising poisons everything! Certain benighted individuals living in some kind of mental pygmy dark ages, fear religion. What?! Oh no! We need to look at the damage advertising has done to our world. It has created pop music so aggressively cheerful, so bulletproof, a human soul cannot live inside it! All this music can create is a spiraling suicide rate! And if I can watch that on my large TV I would be thankful. I'll feel bad afterwards, but at the time! You know what it's like with violent spectacles. This is great! Afterwards, feel bad. We need to look at what film making toad George Lucas did to film making when he decided film making was no longer about storytelling. No! It was about selling toys to boys, so that the boys can live in a world created by a toad! Happily?! What?! No! But I have to remind myself; It's not the people, It's the advertising. Advertising gets into a seven year old child's face and says, "Hey little fella, whatcha doin?" And that's it, the child's soul is taken. All is lost. Unless the child fights back by learning to think for himself. However, you know you're wrong on an issue if you go through the process of thinking a thought through to its conclusion and if you arrive at a conclusion that is shared by anyone who appears on television regularly, you are wrong.

Advertising is an evil alien force that threatens to wipe us from the face of the earth. Hang on, I was starting to take myself seriously. What I'm saying is, the minds that could set us free from inevitable suffering have not yet reached the stage of enlightenment I call. The Smiley Face Part. They're still at the Frowny Face Station waiting for the train to come. The way I see it is our systems have gotten out of control and at this point looking for someone to blame is really the game of, I Want To Be King Of The Frowny Faces! Yes! Can You Tell How Serious I Am? The time for growing dreadlocks and mumbling, "But they're lying to us man." has passed. We are deep in the hate jungle now; Lost, afraid, and perhaps when a friend whispers in your ear, "Hey, climate change. Billions may die." The correct answer isn't, "And I'm going to watch that on a 3D screen...sweet." Because you see at this point the human race has proven its ability to provide itself with entertainment around the clock, an achievement which suggests a degree of creativity and intelligence that is quite possibly a wasted fucking resource. AMENAH!

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: _Seeking, rationaltake, jimmy7754 and 1 other person
Oblivion Access

Oblivion Access

I don't know anything
Jul 5, 2019
Quickly getting to be one of my favourite posters here. Thanks for teaching me the word 'benighted'.

• Yay!
Reactions: L$D, kitch and GideonVandaleur
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
How kind of you to say, and you're welcome.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I hate advertising. Its the art of manipulation. It gets away with committing sins humans can't, without being labelled as psychopathic and narcissistic. I think advertising should only exist in a passive form of some kind and be held to a certain code of conduct. Its all part of a bigger picture though as its the mindset of business and industry to make money. More money than is proportionate to it's needs or worth. Product made to fail after a certain period of time (built in obsolescence - its a thing!) so that company can sell replacement crap. The price doesn't reflect this though. That would be considered naive of the business proprietor. Dirty world.

Last edited:
Reactions: kitch, GideonVandaleur and Oblivion Access
GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
If the product is good there's no need to advertise it because it will speak for itself. No one has to advertise hardcore recreational drugs and yet business is booming.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, Smart No More, Oblivion Access and 1 other person
kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
Nice turn of phrase here ... just saying thanks so I can come back and read more later .

This website is ironically kind of a safe space for me ! (chuckle) .

I too loath advertising.

(Bill Hicks Advertising , if you haven't seen him might be worth a YT look ....)

Cheers

GideonVandaleur

GideonVandaleur

Envoy of the Silence
Dec 15, 2021
Nice turn of phrase here ... just saying thanks so I can come back and read more later .

This website is ironically kind of a safe space for me ! (chuckle) .

I too loath advertising.

(Bill Hicks Advertising , if you haven't seen him might be worth a YT look ....)

Cheers

I appreciate it. I'm well aware of Bill Hicks.