Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
So I'm worried about Thursday. Adult mental health are having a meeting discussing whether to section me or not. Has anyone else been sectioned from a meeting? And has anyone managed to change their minds?
I'm guessing if I told them about the plan I would be done for.
Just hate adult mental health, the people there are horrible. They don't actually help, they give you medication and off you go. No talking therapy or EMDR. For my, some of my mental health stems from childhood trauma and I feel like they blame me for it. They told me I was making up my hallucinations and voices. They just don't listen, so I'm worried about this meeting. My problem is Autism makes me a very bad liar and I'm worried that my plan to ctb will come out and I can't exactly duck tape my mouth shut!
Sorry just needed to vent as I'm rather worried about it!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, SawItOnce, LMLN and 2 others
angele

angele

gay trans man (he/him)
Nov 20, 2019
You'll be in my heart on Thurs (and forever)!

Anyone have experience with UK mental health services?

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Sad_Autistic_boy_101
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Nov 19, 2019
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
So I'm worried about Thursday. Adult mental health are having a meeting discussing whether to section me or not. Has anyone else been sectioned from a meeting? And has anyone managed to change their minds?
I'm guessing if I told them about the plan I would be done for.
Just hate adult mental health, the people there are horrible. They don't actually help, they give you medication and off you go. No talking therapy or EMDR. For my, some of my mental health stems from childhood trauma and I feel like they blame me for it. They told me I was making up my hallucinations and voices. They just don't listen, so I'm worried about this meeting. My problem is Autism makes me a very bad liar and I'm worried that my plan to ctb will come out and I can't exactly duck tape my mouth shut!
Sorry just needed to vent as I'm rather worried about it!
I'm so sorry you have had your feelings discounted and ignored . I feel so bad for you. I'm not in the UK but can share my experience if it helps.
I was not sectioned due to a meeting but I was hospitalized due to an attempt where I was "saved". In my case in the hospital they gave me meds and had group sessions where I was told that I could not speak about the event that triggered my desire to ctb. One doctor said my desire to ctb is not related to any life circumstances. Said that's not normal and that "normal" people do not think like that NO MATTER WHAT happens in life. Said I was just mentally ill and needed meds. Needless to say that comment only made me worse. Now i felt like some abnormal freak!
So sorry for the long story, but I ended up finding a good outpatient therapist and just had another gen practice md manage my meds. And although I do not tell anyone that I have a plan, I can be carefully honest with my therapist to avoid involuntary hospitalization. She has helped me stay here much longer than I ever thought I could.
In my state if you tell them you have a plan or they feel you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself or others they will involuntary hospitalize you. I'm not certain about the UK.
I'm not sure if I helped you with the long story. But I am thinking of you and hope whatever happens you can achieve what you desire from whatever treatments you pursue.
Peace and hugs to you. ❤ We are always here to talk.

Reactions: Notf1xable, TheDevilsAngel and Sad_Autistic_boy_101
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Nov 19, 2019
I'm so sorry you have had your feelings discounted and ignored . I feel so bad for you. I'm not in the UK but can share my experience if it helps.
I was not sectioned due to a meeting but I was hospitalized due to an attempt where I was "saved". In my case in the hospital they gave me meds and had group sessions where I was told that I could not speak about the event that triggered my desire to ctb. One doctor said my desire to ctb is not related to any life circumstances. Said that's not normal and that "normal" people do not think like that NO MATTER WHAT happens in life. Said I was just mentally ill and needed meds. Needless to say that comment only made me worse. Now i felt like some abnormal freak!
So sorry for the long story, but I ended up finding a good outpatient therapist and just had another gen practice md manage my meds. And although I do not tell anyone that I have a plan, I can be carefully honest with my therapist to avoid involuntary hospitalization. She has helped me stay here much longer than I ever thought I could.
In my state if you tell them you have a plan or they feel you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself or others they will involuntary hospitalize you. I'm not certain about the UK.
I'm not sure if I helped you with the long story. But I am thinking of you and hope whatever happens you can achieve what you desire from whatever treatments you pursue.
Peace and hugs to you. ❤ We are always here to talk.
Thanks, it really helped to hear your story. I'm sorry your experiance wasn't good with hospitalization. The whole mental health support really needs to get better. I do have a private therapist but it's once a week and via Skype, I don't know if this sounds wierd but I want to CTB and also tell someone my plan. But telling someone my plan would stop me so that isn't a good idea!

• Hugs
Reactions: LMLN
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
Adult mental health is awful, so I understand your pain. I've been sectioned a few times in the past but only ever after attempts. My GP told me it's very rare that they section without attempts when you're an adult as they need the beds, and even if you have attempted it's highly unlikely anymore. I would avoid telling them your plans though as it can vary all over the UK. If you have any questions and or want to PM me, feel free.

Reactions: Notf1xable and Sad_Autistic_boy_101