Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
For a long time I cannot avoid eating junk food (burger king etc ...) which increases my obesity problem and other health problems.

Does it happen to someone else?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Yup. I'm 90 lbs overweight because of my poor eating habits. I really need to start exercising and getting healthier. Thing is, my motivation is really low.

Reactions: Eren
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Yep... I've truly let go in 2020; I can't get enough junk food and have let my overall health decline with smoking/drinking and minimal self-care. I've gained a lot of weight in a short period of time -- I just can't get enough cheese, or alcohol and other processed food products and toxins for that matter.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I can relate. My antipsychotic meds turned me into a food addict and I ballooned from 75 to 111kg in a few months. I'm 176cm. But with going off the worst of the meds, exercise and especially careful diet I have got back down to 85kg. I also take a weight loss drug called phentermine which works by suppressing your appetite. I have had help with the process from my GP, personal trainer and dietitian. I think if you can't motivate yourself to exercise that is okay. You will still lose if you restrict your calories. MyFitnessPal is an extremely helpful tool to keep track of your eating throughout the day and ration the calories you can have. Once you start seeing the number on the scale drop that will motivate you to keep going and see further decreases.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
For a long time I cannot avoid eating junk food (burger king etc ...) which increases my obesity problem and other health problems.

I just ate Burger King a few minutes ago and feel a bit guilty now. I'm hoping to exercise in a few hours

• Hugs
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Yup. I'm 90 lbs overweight because of my poor eating habits. I really need to start exercising and getting healthier. Thing is, my motivation is really low.

The same thing happens to me, my motivation is really low.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy and Brink
Visperidia

Visperidia

Jul 30, 2020

I had the same problem. I lost 80 lbs in 3 months (went from 275 to 195lbs which is good for my height as I'm quite tall)

You aren't just gunna change overnight. The first thing I did was tracked the junk I ate in order to determine my average calorie intake. Then I lowered my calorie intake, it was still big but baby steps right, and still ate the same type of food. Also I forgot to mention even before that I had to learn to eat only 3 times a day with maybe 1 or 2 snacks. So even if you even a bunch of food anyways, at least you are learning good habits by not snacking constantly when you're not even hungry. You might be a bit hungry for the first week but after that your stomach has decreased in size and you won't feel as hungry and you'll find yourself eating less junk. I didn't drink anything carbonated as well so my stomach wouldn't bloat.

So after I was able to stick to say 3000 calories a day by still eating junk food, you have two options here, you can either try eating healthier food but literally try to reach 3000 calories haha, you'll find eventually you're eating less and need less to feel full. Or you can eat the same food and decrease your calorie intake.

After this you should feel A LOT more confidence in your ability to control your food because you've shown yourself you can follow a schedule and have discipline. Drink lots of water too. Try for 2 liters a day and increase if you can (not too much though or your cells will explode lol). After this I was able to start slowly exercising and eventually got to 1500 calories and was exercising 5 days a week, only 45 min a day but that's all you need if you're getting your heartrate up. I did Keto as well eventually, I found it good for seeing immediate weight loss results that boost your confidence to exercise and eat better, but it isn't maintainable I don't think. Carbs are everywhere, I can't help myself haha.

Also, you could start by just cutting out sugar!

Sorry for the long post ;) Hope I helped in any way.

Reactions: mathieu and Eren
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yes for some reason I cannot stop eating McDonald's and drinking fizzy drinks even when they make me ill. It's like I want to punish myself. I have even gone off eating it but can't stop. I wish I was a good cook so I could make healthy foods but I have no energy to go out and buy the groceries then cook the food. It's so much work.

• Hugs
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yes for some reason I cannot stop eating McDonald's and drinking fizzy drinks even when they make me ill. It's like I want to punish myself. I have even gone off eating it but can't stop. I wish I was a good cook so I could make healthy foods but I have no energy to go out and buy the groceries then cook the food. It's so much work.
What about those food delivery services? Here there are ones where they send you the ingredients for a meal and it comes with instructions to cook it.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
What about those food delivery services? Here there are ones where they send you the ingredients for a meal and it comes with instructions to cook it.
I've heard of those. But I am a terrible cook I mean really terrible I'd screw it up even with instructions. Plus they are expensive and you only get like 3 dinner meals a week and they usually come for 2 people. I'd waste a lot of the ingredients. Do you use them?

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I've heard of those. But I am a terrible cook I mean really terrible I'd screw it up even with instructions. Plus they are expensive and you only get like 3 dinner meals a week and they usually come for 2 people. I'd waste a lot of the ingredients. Do you use them?
No, I haven't tried them but my mum and stepdad get them and so I've tried the food. It's pretty good. I'm a terrible cook as well. I did try this program called lite n easy which delivers all your food, absolutely everything you need once a week and if you stick to it you lose weight. It was nice but expensive.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I binge eat junk food... I was a bit obese for a few years because of it. Anxiety and extreme restricting made me lose a shitton of weight, depression made me lose more.... and now I'm back to binging :sunglasses::nomouth: I blame the Lexapro and my poor discipline

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
No, I haven't tried them but my mum and stepdad get them and so I've tried the food. It's pretty good. I'm a terrible cook as well. I did try this program called lite n easy which delivers all your food, absolutely everything you need once a week and if you stick to it you lose weight. It was nice but expensive.
We don't have lite n easy here we have hellofresh and a few others. I kinda think it's better to get your own food instead of relying on delivery services in case they were to shut down. I just can't be bothered lol.

Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018

The exact same thing happens to me, although it makes me sick, I can't stop.